Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Curtis Lazar and Kostka for Jokipakka and a 2nd

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
I think you scratch Versteeg. If you want Lazar to regain his confidence, playing with Tkachuk and Backlund, is the best way to do it.

Tkachuk-Backlund-Lazar
Frolik-Bennett-Brouwer

I think it's important to get that 3rd line going for the playoffs and Frolik should help with that.

Plus, even if you want to put Lazar with Tkachuk and Backlund, you can just go

Versteeg-Bennett-Frolik

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Plus, even if you want to put Lazar with Tkachuk and Backlund, you can just go

Versteeg-Bennett-Frolik

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Lazar
Versteeg-Bennett-Frolik
Bouma-Stajan-Chiasson

Looks pretty good, assuming Lazar can be slightly better than total garbage

May 27, 2012
Earth
I don't why people want to separate Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik every time. The line has been doing really good. Sure I want Lazar to play, but if it means breaking up that line...no thanks.

The only realistic option is the bottom 6 at this point unless someone falters badly in the top 6.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don't why people want to separate Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik every time. The line has been doing really good. Sure I want Lazar to play, but if it means breaking up that line...no thanks.

The only realistic option is the bottom 6 at this point unless someone falters badly in the top 6.

I think it's more to experiment who else Backlund can get going.

Like last year Joe Colbourbe looked good with Backlund. Maybe Backlund can give a guy like Lazar or Brouwer a boost. See if Frolik can get Bennett going.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think it's more to experiment who else Backlund can get going.

Like last year Joe Colbourbe looked good with Backlund. Maybe Backlund can give a guy like Lazar or Brouwer a boost. See if Frolik can get Bennett going.

Exactly, 3 lines producing in the playoffs is worth far more than 2, even if one is at a reduced rate

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Brouwer
Versteeg-Bennett-Frolik
Bouma-Stajan-Chiasson

We need to get Brouwer going. I want to see how he fits with Backlund.

Chiasson is playing well right now and not sure Lazar can play LW.

I think I like this the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad