Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Curtis Lazar and Kostka for Jokipakka and a 2nd

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
gawd I love Bennett. That's twice now he's fought a guy way bigger than him and stood his ground. Kid is fearless. Honestly, his biggest problem this year is trying to dance through the defence. If he would just make simple plays and cycle which is his game, he'd start seeing results. Can't wait for him to figure it all out, he's gonna be a beauty.

Bennett is going to be a monster and we are going to get a very good deal on him as his performance this year hasn't been earth-shattering. Him being a late bloomer will prove very valuable for the Flames.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
If you want Brouwer to be taken in the ED, he can't be scratched this year.

Why? Because LV is going to ignore his declining play or awful numbers?

Scratching him won't prevent them from taking him, his play is. Plain and simple.

Scratching him and hoping he gets the message, then starts playing better is becoming the only knowledgable option.

Obviously after the streaks done

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary

Scratching him won't prevent them from taking him, his play is. Plain and simple.

Scratching him and hoping he gets the message, then starts playing better is becoming the only knowledgable option.

Maybe because is keeps up the guise that the org is happy with what he is currently providing?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

:laugh: You left out the :sarcasm: BV! You crack me up man haha.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Read somewhere that to expose Brouwer in the ED, he can't be scratched this season :cry:

He can be scratched. They can easily spin it as "Troy's had trouble recovering from his... uh.. that's right.. hand injury and that's why he is incompetent and slow and his idea of forechecking is gliding off the ice for a line change while his linemates are in deep."

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think you scratch Versteeg. If you want Lazar to regain his confidence, playing with Tkachuk and Backlund, is the best way to do it.

Tkachuk-Backlund-Lazar
Frolik-Bennett-Brouwer

I think it's important to get that 3rd line going for the playoffs and Frolik should help with that.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
I think you scratch Versteeg. If you want Lazar to regain his confidence, playing with Tkachuk and Backlund, is the best way to do it.

Tkachuk-Backlund-Lazar
Frolik-Bennett-Brouwer

I think it's important to get that 3rd line going for the playoffs and Frolik should help with that.

Why move Frolik to his off side? That might mess up his game a bit.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Brouwer
Versteeg-Bennett-Frolik
Bouma-Stajan-Chiasson

We need to get Brouwer going. I want to see how he fits with Backlund.

Chiasson is playing well right now and not sure Lazar can play LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00