Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Curtis Lazar and Kostka for Jokipakka and a 2nd

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch
The #Sens got a second and Jyrki Jokipakka for Curtis Lazar.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch
The #Sens also gave Calgary Mike Kostkoa

Last edited:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Not the biggest Lazar fan, he's got potential and speed to burn. But not happy to give up a 2nd for him, albeit Burke was saying today in an interview that 2nd's this year are 3rds in value any other draft.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010

Curtis-Lazar-Eats-Fan-Tossed-Burger-660x330.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
First Treliving trade that I'm not an immediate fan of; Jokipakka for Kostka is meh, but the 2nd for Lazar is too much. Would much rather have given up Shinkaruk even if the 2nd is in a weak draft year

Draft protection should now be interesting though; Gaudreau, Monahan, Backlund, Bennett, Frolik and Ferland are absolute locks regardless of the bizarre veteran bias some have. So that final spot will be down to Brouwer and Lazar.

Guessing the lines look like:
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer
Bouma-Stajan-Lazar
Chiasson

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
As I said on the main forums, we won't know the winner of this trade for a half dozen years if not more.

He brings speed and plays C and RW. Those freaking out a lot about his point totals, be aware his most frequent linemates in Ottawa were the corpses of Chris Kelly and Chris Neil.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Lazar kind of sucks, if he were picked later in the draft his value would've been a 6th or 7th round pick.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Lazar is ALOT better than what he's shown. You guys shouldn't be disappointed at all.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
The thing about reclamation projects is they're supposed to be cheap while also have a form they could go back to. A 2nd isn't cheap and Lazar has done nothing in the NHL.

I hope things change dramatically, but it's just hard to believe.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
Said this on the main board but I like this for the Flames. A 2nd in a weak draft year like this is basically equivalent to a 3rd or 4th last year. Plus I've always been a fan of Lazar.

Blackjackz

Jun 23, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I am a confirmed Flames hater.. but congrats Calgary... you guys made a nice pick-up in Lazar... I had mono many years ago... was a competitive track athlete and it took a full 12 months to recover and be competitive again... Lazar' value has taken a beating, this kid is going to be a player...

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Fun fact: Curtis Lazar is a former teammate of Brett Pollock.

Wonder where he fits in the lineup? Don't think they bump Ferland from the top line, because that might destroy his confidence.

Don't think they replace Frolik or any of his linemates.

Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer seems to be doing ok.

Bouma - Stajan - Lazar?

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think it's a solid deal. The chance of that second becoming a better player than Lazar isn't likely. I don't mind losing Kevin either

I agree, even though we have drafted well in 2nd round lately the chance that Lazar turns it around could be a win for us.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Something funny, but ultimately irrelevant, is we have five former 2013 first round picks in the organisation.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Listening to his interview on SN right now, he seems very well spoken. I didn't realize he had mono this year, that can take a long time to recover from.

He seems very happy to have a chance to hit the reset button.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad