GDT: FLAMES (27-22-13) vs. WILD (35-21-6) \ 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
A Flames loss and a Preds win will move them into the bottom 11 tonight

It's happening
Was gonna say lol, 4 teams in the East all won and all passed us. Currently sitting at 12th overall with Nashville a win away from passing us (also with games in hand).

I don't know where I heard the Flames have a tough remaining schedule, but that is the opposite. We play Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, and Arizona a combined 7 more times, the Canucks twice, all of which the Flames should win; not only are those teams bad, but they also sold assets off to make them even worse. The rest are pretty much just divisional games (Vegas, LA) and some games against the Central. Ottawa the loan East team remaining to play.

So conversely, the Flames should be able to me a run quite easily if they buckle down and play good hockey. If the Flames can't make the playoffs with this schedule we deserve to draft 16th overall.

For the Flames to have any shot at Bedard, et al. Tank Commanders Markstrom and Vladar will need to report for duty.

Reactions: Tofveve and Felidae

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
giphy.gif

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Was gonna say lol, 4 teams in the East all won and all passed us. Currently sitting at 12th overall with Nashville a win away from passing us (also with games in hand).

I don't know where I heard the Flames have a tough remaining schedule, but that is the opposite. We play Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, and Arizona a combined 7 more times, the Canucks twice, all of which the Flames should win; not only are those teams bad, but they also sold assets off to make them even worse. The rest are pretty much just divisional games (Vegas, LA) and some games against the Central. Ottawa the loan East team remaining to play.

So conversely, the Flames should be able to me a run quite easily if they buckle down and play good hockey. If the Flames can't make the playoffs with this schedule we deserve to draft 16th overall.

For the Flames to have any shot at Bedard, et al. Tank Commanders Markstrom and Vladar will need to report for duty.
Flames' tendency to play down to their opponents gives me some cautious hope for that stretch

That and Sutter's refusal to change anything even when it's not working

Reactions: Tofveve

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames' tendency to play down to their opponents gives me some cautious hope for that stretch

That and Sutter's refusal to change anything even when it's not working

Yeah, when Sportsnet showed the stat a few games ago of our record against playoff and non-playoff teams it was a joke, our record against playoff teams is actually really good, but against non-playoff we suck.

like, we're 0-4 or 0-2-2 or something against Chicago and Montreal this season. Bruh

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
IMO GSP is, but it's a bit subjective
True.

Don't get me wrong. Dude can't stay out of trouble, and I don't agree with it, but from a pure technical aspect. Noone was as dominant as he has been. He hasn't even really taken much damage over the course of his career.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
True.

Don't get me wrong. Dude can't stay out of trouble, and I don't agree with it, but from a pure technical aspect. Noone was as dominant as he has been. He hasn't even really taken much damage over the course of his career.

His fights with Gustafson and Cormier were close, tough battles. Plus his toe almost fell off.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Jones is legit the GOAT. You just wasted 50$
Oh common Jones looked rough his last couple fights as the competition caught up and ran away with a couple razor thin decisions, and has never fought guys his own size, and hasn't fought for years. Honestly if Jones did pull it off I wouldn't be that surprised as the guy looks like a monster st heavy weight but honestly I think he's going to get caught.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
Jones hasn't fought in years cause he cleaned out the division, and wanted to put weight on properly to move to Heavyweight.

Granted the competition has caught up to him, but I still think he is the best fighter I have ever seen. If he cut out all the distractions and took it as seriously as GSP it wouldn't even be close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad