GDT: FLAMES (27-22-13) vs. WILD (35-21-6) \ 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
According to Steinberg when the deadline ended, teams weren’t offering anything for Lewis. Why would a team trade for an old 4th liner who’s on his way out?

Then not even getting feelers for some of our 6 pending ufas next season. Ya know, when we won’t be able to afford all of them and it’s a buyers market. Ya. At the very least tofolli and tanev should’ve had their names put out there.

Reactions: Boomstick

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Then not even getting feelers for some of our 6 pending ufas next season. Ya know, when we won’t be able to afford all of them and it’s a buyers market. Ya
I understand why they didn’t move any of those guys. I wanted them so sell too but at the end of the day it’s better to just do minor moves like they did than a big desperation trade trying to save the season

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I understand why they didn’t move any of those guys. I wanted them so sell too but at the end of the day it’s better to just do minor moves like they did than a big desperation trade trying to save the season

Is it though? When you have Weegar and Andersson on the right side or Coronado coming up? Would it have really been the end of the world to try to move one guy?

St. Louis did it with shatenkirk in 2017.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Is it though? When you have Weegar and Andersson on the right side or Coronado coming up? Would it have really been the end of the world to try to move one guy?

It wouldn’t have. But this is the Flames ownership we are talking about. Even when they’re clearly out they still think they can get in

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
That is the look of "f*** I just want the season to be over, I don't care anymore", This coaching staff has sucked everything out of the team.

The team needs a shake up in the worst way.

If management believes in the pieces they have acquired (Huberdeau, Kadri, etc.) bring in an offensive minded coach to unlock their potential.

If management doesn’t believe in this team/core, blow it up. Rebuild. Bring in a younger coach to go through the growing pains.

As much as I respect Sutter for his past accomplishments, he is not the guy going forward.

Two trades I’d like to see in either scenario are Hanifin for futures and to bring in a vocal locker room leader preferably young to mid-prime. Noah has a good skill set and formed a great pair with Raz last year. He continually looks lost this year and the coaching staff haven’t been able to help him get out of it. His contract status gives him some value to contending teams looking for a bit of a boost on the backend.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005

Exactly. Why not move Tanev for a late first and a 3rd??? He could be IR all next season anyways. We needed to get one or two of those 2024 expiring UFAs off our books and some assets in.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The team needs a shake up in the worst way.

If management believes in the pieces they have acquired (Huberdeau, Kadri, etc.) bring in an offensive minded coach to unlock their potential.

If management doesn’t believe in this team/core, blow it up. Rebuild. Bring in a younger coach to go through the growing pains.

As much as I respect Sutter for his past accomplishments, he is not the guy going forward.

Two trades I’d like to see in either scenario are Hanifin for futures and to bring in a vocal locker room leader preferably young to mid-prime. Noah has a good skill set and formed a great pair with Raz last year. He continually looks lost this year and the coaching staff haven’t been able to help him get out of it. His contract status gives him some value to contending teams looking for a bit of a boost on the backend.

This is 100% true.

The biggest needs for this team are a new head coach that can get the most of this team and a solid #1 Defensemen.

I think Bruce Boudreau is a very good fit for this team(he was dealt a bad hand and mistreated in Vancouver), Bruce Cassidy would have been have a good fit but he went to Vegas.

We missed the boat on Jakob Chychrun, hopefully another Dman like that comes available in the summer at the draft.

This team is not far out from being a good team, if we get another head coach( Bruce Boudreau?) and in the summer at the draft, ship out Hanifin and other pieces for a top Dman, we may right the ship.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Are Lucic and Reaves buddies or something? How the eff haven't they fought while playing in the NHL? Guys are supposed to be 1-2 for heavies in the league and I want to see Looch beat down Reaves then call it a career at the end of the season.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Are Lucic and Reaves buddies or something? How the eff haven't they fought while playing in the NHL? Guys are supposed to be 1-2 for heavies in the league and I want to see Looch beat down Reaves then call it a career at the end of the season.
Perhaps we'll see a tilt tomorrow. More likely it's a cold war between the two, if they fight someone is probably gonna get hurt real bad.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would only get a new GM if the plan is to rebuild. I doubt that will happen, so stick with Tre for the time being.

Sutter is different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad