GDT: FLA @ MTL | Transition? | Mar. 19, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It helped the tank but it is frustrating how close offside goals are happening/being called off. when it was first introduced I was excited because it could prevent obvious ones but now everything is down to the micro inch or if a skate was touching the ice or not. Really takes away from the excitement of things. Imagine scoring a game 7 series winner in OT or the final minute and it is called off because a skate wasn't touching the ice or a player was just barely offside.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It helped the tank but it is frustrating how close offside goals are happening/being called off. when it was first introduced I was excited because it could prevent obvious ones but now everything is down to the micro inch or if a skate was touching the ice or not. Really takes away from the excitement of things. Imagine scoring a game 7 series winner in OT or the final minute and it is called off because a skate wasn't touching the ice or a player was just barely offside.

Send it to Toronto to get reviewed or get rid of it. This 6” tablet crap needs to go.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I hate offside review , we are talking split seconds, I know McDavid hates it as well.

It is really horrible. Who woke up one day in the NHL higher ups and thought "hey there's a problem with offsides, we have to fix that!".

Hell here I thought reviews would be for goalie interference. Now there are tons of interferences but the reviews are for offsides. It is really the Twilight Zone.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Did Bergevin really ask for Trocheck in return for Pacioretty like the rumor I saw somewhere and expected Florida to actually do that trade? Good try but other GM's aren't as bad as what you are Marc.

Would it surprise you? I really can’t wait for it to get released for what Bergevin is actually asking for Pacioretty. It’ll make him look even dumber when we see how overpriced the asking price is.

Reactions: sheed36

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
At this point what is the point of the situation room if goalie interference calls/offside calls are being made by the refs on little tablets.

I’ve been asking the same thing for years. They say it’s more authentic because the refs are making the decisions but they’re using tablets? It makes no sense.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
It is really horrible. Who woke up one day in the NHL higher ups and thought "hey there's a problem with offsides, we have to fix that!".

Hell here I thought reviews would be for goalie interference. Now there are tons of interferences but the reviews are for offsides. It is really the Twilight Zone.

The league has been re-branded as skill and speed based with the emphasis on scoring goals. Yet a new rule implemented to reduce scoring and remove goals that were previously good goals and that 3 refs can't catch?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad