GDT: FLA @ MTL | Transition? | Mar. 19, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marc and I are talking about it all the time. He knows that team performance at all levels is unacceptable and we have a plan to fix it.

“I’m talking about all areas: leadership, development, recruitment, players on the team,” Molson added. “We need to improve, we must become better. We have not been able to do that this year. We will succeed, I trust Marc to manage this transition, but he is aware that it needs to improve.”

- Geoff Molson, March 17, 2018.

And with that in mind ...
26o4uu.jpg

Why is it we can't seem to be able to trust anyone with the name "Geoff" or any of its derivatives or related forms, such as Joffrey, Geoffrey or Jeff. There has been a disturbing track record ...

26o7n5.jpg

Joffrey, the cruel and unpopular king. Geoffrey the Giraffe as the figurehead of a bankrupt international high profile brand. Jeffrey Loria and all of his shenanigans. And our own Geoff Molson, a failed hockey executive (and would be better off sticking to his other core holdings) who wouldn't be able to recognize an incompetent GM and management group, even if God descended upon this earth and confirmed it.

Has the definitive book on the subject been written yet?

26o1bl.jpg

Looking like there are some advance copies out there ...

26o33z.jpg

Thank goodness, we can always count on our hockey pundits to tell it like it is and to keep them honest ...

26o3x6.jpg

26o4b8.gif

Lineups (projected)

Habs
Byron - Drouin - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - De la Rose - Lehkonen
Scherbak - L. Shaw - Hudon
Deslauriers - McCarron - Carr

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Lernout

Niemi
Lindgren

Panthers
Dadonov - Barkov - Bjugstad
Huberdeau - Trochek - Vatrano
McGinn - McCann - Malgin
Haley - MacKenzie - Sceviour

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Pysyk
Weegar - McCoshen

Luongo
Reimer

26o4rz.jpg

Last edited:

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Marc and I are talking about it all the time. He knows that team performance at all levels is unacceptable and we have a plan to fix it.

“I’m talking about all areas: leadership, development, recruitment, players on the team,” Molson added. “We need to improve, we must become better. We have not been able to do that this year. We will succeed, I trust Marc to manage this transition, but he is aware that it needs to improve.”

Hey, know Bergevin knows they need to improve there is no need to panic! All is well!!

panic.png

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
The key to this game is going to be whether our hockey names can hold up to Florida's hockey names. With Florida's third line composed entirely of hockey names that begin with the letter "M" our best bet might be to play Schlemko on our third as a forward and counter these "M's" with a Scherbak-Shaw-Schlemko which should in theory work.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

I heard that song before, every f***ing year to be exact... 7 years of transition and going strong...
W9zCUKw.gif

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I'd really like to know what Molson has seen in Bergevin that gives him such faith in him. At this point its pretty clear he's trying not to make a fool of himself by firing a guy he gave an extension to. Here's what will happen, and this is all on Molson at this point, Bergevin makes another mess of the draft, probably trades Pacioretty for another Blackhawks has-been, we go into next season losing our first 10 games, Molson finally has no choice but to fire Bergevin because there are fans lined up in front of his house with pitchforks, by then its too late and the Habs rebuild for the next 10 years. Its already too late now but the damage is going to get worst.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yep. The change. Muller out and Sly comes in as an Assistant Coach for all his fine work as witnessed by all the young guys hitting the big team.

Lol. Would go over well.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Marc and I are talking about it all the time. He knows that team performance at all levels is unacceptable and we have a plan to fix it.”

Yeah Marc et Moi are going to put on their best jeans and help the players look for the answer in the room. This time nothing will go un-inspected. Benches, carpets, shower faucets. You name it.

This is a freaking joke. A month into the season one half of Marc et Moi declared to the press that the answer was in the locker room. Now one month from the end of the season the dumber half of Marc et Moi declares they know what's broken and they have a plan to fix it.

Honestly, sometimes I ask myself who are the dumber ones Marc et Moi, or Moi et Mes collègues à HF? I'm ready to throw the towel in on this management team. Come this October if real, substantial changes are not made to the roster, coaching and management, I'm moving on. Life is too effing short too waste following the antics of buffoons.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I still can't get over our centers. I mean it's actually laughable, I know theirs a lot of laughable things about this team but man it so damn funny to me to see an NHL team run with Drouin - De La Rose - Logan Shaw - Big Mac down the middle. Especially whilst we have Galchenyuk on the second line just chilling anyways. Like what are they actually so scared about by throwing Chucky in the middle..

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Even though I thing Bergevin is a muppet and isn't good enough for this job; I can kind of respect Molson in how he's approached this. He's sticking to his guns and showing loyalty in a business that has none.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting old and soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad