Confirmed Trade: [FLA/ARI] Jason Demers (12.5% retained) for Jamie McGinn

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That's a huge problem if a team wants to win, if they are tanking who cares then.

That's a lineup that will collapse with 1 injury.

I agree, think/feel like this is transition year for the most part. Focusing heavily on youth and speed. Doubt it works out this year but once Tippett and Borgstrom come in, McCoshen and Matheson get some games in, this team will be ready to take off but the sad part is Luongo may be retired by the time we start to contend. Feel bad he won't be a part of it but if all our core players pan out, we should be in good shape. Hoping this is the last year WE MAY draft inside the top 10 for a very long time.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Hey! We have a direction. We are heading straight for that 30th overall spot.

Don't say we don't have goals.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
It's not a surprise John Chayka has become a solid GM. He got really good grades from a Canadian business school.

nathan_fielder.jpg

This is a great, great post.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Owners destroying a team that was seen here as one of the most promising 18 months ago, ridiculous decision by them.

Eastern Gm's will be happy.

I agree, think/feel like this is transition year for the most part. Focusing heavily on youth and speed. Doubt it works out this year but once Tippett and Borgstrom come in, McCoshen and Matheson get some games in, this team will be ready to take off but the sad part is Luongo may be retired by the time we start to contend. Feel bad he won't be a part of it but if all our core players pan out, we should be in good shape. Hoping this is the last year WE MAY draft inside the top 10 for a very long time.

Next year looks a lot more promising with the prospects you have in the system, being(should be) ready for NHL games in 18-19 season and helping the budget with ELC's.
Surviving the next year without doing longterm damage is the problem, and they should really focus on going defense heavy next offseason.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Owners destroying a team that was seen here as one of the most promising 18 months ago, ridiculous decision by them.

Eastern Gm's will be happy.

Clearly it about clearing cash in year 3/4 as McGinn is ufa

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I like what Arizona has done, going to be a fun team to watch with all the young talent and a couple good D to go along with OEL; although Demers has some question marks around him, this is a good trade for them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wtf is in the water down there? I think their reptillian governor is poisoning Floridians.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So is McGinn going to get carried by Barkov, or are the Panthers content with having a useless player as long as it saves them some cap?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I remember when I thought the Panthers would be good. I don't understand their recent strategies as far as players go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad