Confirmed Trade: [FLA/ARI] Jason Demers (12.5% retained) for Jamie McGinn

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I don't get the fuss. Demers played pretty mediocre and was a Rowe signing, no? Tallon probably wasn't a fan to begin with and with the money they pay their top 2 d this was a way to shift some money to forward where they lack depth it seems. I can see McGinn being a good third liner for them. I think it's a good trade for both teams.

Holy ****! Level headed thinking!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I still think Florida is a playoff team this season.

Just don't get all your core players injured again

Last edited:

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
I still think Florida is a playoff team this season.

Just don't get all your core players injured again

Which current playoff teams do you think the Panthers will surpass? Imo they're more likely to be 31st than they are to be a playoff team.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Not sure how Demers played for Florida, but if he can play like he did for Dallas, this is an absolute steal for Arizona.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
its a good trade for both teams. coyotes add a solid rd for under 4mil, adding to an already improved d corp with oel and hammer.

panthers/tallon wanted to get rid of the contract, he wasnt in the longterm plans yet had 4yrs remaining at 4.5per. im glad to move the contract, he was also redundant in our corp, too many offensive minded guys and we had 4 rd with him, mccoshen will make the team most likely giving us 3 ld and 3 rd, while balancing out the defense more given mccoshen is a more defensive and physical defender. also, mcginn gives us some stability in the bottom-6, a guy who goes and plants himself in front of the net which we were lacking. he only has 1 yr left after this, so even if we dont want him next year its easy to just buy out the final year if need be. we were lacking winger depth on offense so any little bit helps. i didnt care about what the return was, just wanted to move the contract and use the dollars elsewhere in the future.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Demers is mediocre, but it's still a pretty good deal for the Coyotes.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Demers is mediocre, but it's still a pretty good deal for the Coyotes.

Over paid players get less value in a return especially if they have an NMC or NTC. McGinn could have been a healthy scratch in the coyotes lineup while Demerara is a 2RHD for sure. Over paid players are an albotraus:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad