Confirmed Trade: [FLA/ARI] Jason Demers (12.5% retained) for Jamie McGinn

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
why were they told to get rid of some contracts

Don't want to spent over 65M.

I think if guys like Dadonov, Haapela, Mamin and/or Tippett don't have majorly productive seasons, Florida could be a sneak contender for worst in the East.

Getting close to that level, there's still Detroit/Jersey, but after them pretty quiet.

F group lost the depth, goaltending is a big ? and now they are destroying one of the few strenghts they have?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
i thought demers was an overpaid bottom pair defenseman.

Maybe FLA feels that way about him....at least that would explain this trade from their perspective. Short term, there isn't a lot to gain cap/salary wise in this deal for FLA.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd prefer Martinook.

Demers has been on the block for a while now, (the VAN trade nixed by him).
This has to due with management's hard cap of $65million. They could also believe in what McCoshen brings.

Matheson - Ekblad
Yandle - Pysyk
McCoshen - Petrovic

is actually pretty solid if all play to their potential but ya we've gutted any depth we had. Tons of spots for the kids to grab, I like the youth movement, not the internal cap though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd prefer Martinook.

Demers has been on the block for a while now, (the VAN trade nixed by him).
This has to due with manegement's hard cap of $65million. They could also believe in what McCoshen brings.

Matheson - Ekblad
Yandle - Pysyk
McCoshen - Petrovic

is actually pretty solid if all play to their potential but ya we've gutted any depth we had. Tons of spots for the kids to grab, I like the youth movement, not the hard cap though.

That's a huge problem if a team wants to win, if they are tanking who cares then.

That's a lineup that will collapse with 1 injury.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
SrySHyK.jpg

not always, remember how demers nixed the vancouver trade?

From Demers' capfriendly page: CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC: Player submits a 8 team no trade list.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Ignoring player value it makes sense for both teams.

Panthers needed a top 9 forward so they don't have to rely on all the kids making the team, Coyotes needed a d-man to help while Chychrun is out, preferably a RH shot as currently they had 0 in their top 4.

Yotes get the better player, Panthers save some cash.

But really, Arizona's defense when healthy is looking like it can be good enough for a playoff spot.

OEL-Hammer
Golikoski-Demers
Chychrun-Schenn
Glendening

Obviously a solid trade for them.. For the Panthers it is what it is right now i guess.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
It's not a surprise John Chayka has become a solid GM. He got really good grades from a Canadian business school.

nathan_fielder.jpg

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The Panthers seem like a directionless team. Maybe directionless is wrong, like they have a direction, but it seems like it keeps on changing season to season leaving them treading water at best.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I was worried about a throw in pick. If it is straight up then that is a good deal for the Coyotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad