OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
you're the perfect example of an annoying vegan who comes up with completely ridiculous claims. Yes, casein ingested at more than your bodyweight in a day could be toxic. But guess what, drinking too much water will kill you too.

I hope you don't do crossfit on top of that.
You're the perfect example of a person who knows little about nutrition, my claims are backed up by modern unpopular but undisputable scientific evidence.

Casein is always poisonous at any amount and has damaging effects on anyone who consumes it, this is a fact that can not be argued. Not to mention that it feeds cancer cells. Vegetal proteins kill cancer cells fyi.

They made sure that most of us pump our kids full of this garbage at the early stages of life and the habit sticks with us for our whole lives.

Notmilk.com if you dare step out of your dairy comfort zone.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
groovejuice, have you watched Forks over Knives or What the Health?

I have not, but the discussion intrigues me, so I will look for them.

I will tell you in advance that I'm not swayed by overzealousness or hysteria on either side of a debate. I subscribe to neither "this is old and therefore good", nor "this is new and therefore better".

I endorse the scientific method and repeatability of experiments but do not discount anecdotal evidence out of hand.

These are my paltry credentials, but I will give you my opinion if you wish, when I have one.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
You're the perfect example of a person who knows little about nutrition, my claims are backed up by modern unpopular but undisputable scientific evidence.

Casein is always poisonous at any amount and has damaging effects on anyone who consumes it, this is a fact that can not be argued.

You're right. I know very little about nutrition. However, I recognize that I know little about nutrition whereas you think you know a lot by watching a couple of movies. Might I add a terribly biased movie in what the health (can't comment about the other).

Just as a start:

What the Health: A Movie with an Agenda

Debunking What the Health, the buzzy new documentary that wants you to be vegan

I know enough about science to know that many studies presented by vegans are deeply flawed. Some common flaws are presenting studies that show that a given population that eats or drinks little of this compared to that other population proves everything.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I have not, but the discussion intrigues me, so I will look for them.

I will tell you in advance that I'm not swayed by overzealousness or hysteria on either side of a debate. I subscribe to neither "this is old and therefore good", nor "this is new and therefore better".

I endorse the scientific method and repeatability of experiments but do not discount anecdotal evidence out of hand.

These are my paltry credentials, but I will give you my opinion if you wish, when I have one.
Please i would love to hear your opinions after watching FOK and WTH, when you find the time of course.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You're right. I know very little about nutrition. However, I recognize that I know little about nutrition whereas you think you know a lot by watching a couple of movies. Might I add a terribly biased movie in what the health (can't comment about the other).

Just as a start:

What the Health: A Movie with an Agenda

Debunking What the Health, the buzzy new documentary that wants you to be vegan

I know enough about science to know that many studies presented by vegans are deeply flawed. Some common flaws are presenting studies that show that a given population that eats or drinks little of this compared to that other population proves everything.
So you refuse to watch them and form your own opinions? You bring very little to this debate right now, you just don't have the knowledge to contribute.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
So you refuse to watch them and form your own opinions? You bring very little to this debate right now, you just don't have the knowledge to contribute.

I told you I watched what the health. I have formed my own opinion. It's a terribly flawed movie. It twists truths or flat out lies on many occasions. That's not just my opinion. I gave you references for it.

My opinion is that at equal macros and micros (by extension calories) all diets are fine. A diet with more micros at equal macros will be better.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I told you I watched what the health. I have formed my own opinion. It's a terribly flawed movie. It twists truths or flat out lies on many occasions. That's just not my opinion. I gave you references for it.

My opinion is that at equal macros and micros (by extension calories) all diets are fine. A diet with more micros at equal macros will be better.
You are lying, you have never watched What the Health, you are basing your opinions on those reviews most likely payed for by the meat and dairy industry. Watch them both before making up your mind, you have nothing to lose only knowledge to gain, what you decide to do with it is your business, but you are not in a position to debate right now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You are lying, you have never watched What the Health, you are basing your opinions on those reviews most likely payed for by the meat and dairy industry. Watch them both before making up your mind, you have nothing to lose only knowledge to gain, what you decide to do with it is your business, but you are not in a position to debate right now.
I think you are a meat eater who's just trolling to give vegans a bad rep. Haha good job. A bit too obvious now though.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy

Let me borrow Kriss's answer

:laugh:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So..........

I forgot to update my status. After 4 weeks or 28 days, I ended up losing 10 pounds in all despite my body deciding to take a one week break from pound shedding due to the goddamn plateau.

Conclusion from test: lost weight, feel a tad better, body composition improved. Whether this is a long term option is something I will further explore, but I would give it two thumbs up for now. Not only did it achieve my desired results, but it was also actually quite simple. Just drink a lot of water and shitty black coffee and you're good to go.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Anybody have advice for maintaining or increasing muscle mass while following a ketogenic diet? It's been having the desired effect in terms of weight loss but working out is quite difficult without the carbs to recover. I eat plenty of protein and veggies as well as high fat foods like avocado,cheese, butter and creams. No sugar and under 20g of net carbs a day.

Appreciate any helpful recommendations.

You're really not going to get much more on here than a huge debate. Best I can recommend you, if you really want to learn, is to go check out High Intensity Health's youtube channel. Mike Mutzel, the "owner", has a masters in nutrition and is certified in functional (integrative?) medecine.

As far as I'm concerned, from everything I've read, maintining muscle mas shouldn't be difficult at all on a ketogenic diet given you have an adequate amount of healthy proteins (pasture raised animal protein, eggs from pasture raised chickens, etc). If you have trouble working out, you're probably just not completely adapted yet. Jean-Yves Dionne, a well known pharmacist that sides with functional medecine a lot is currently doing an experiment on himself with the ketogenic diet on his facebook page and it took him 8 weeks to get his full energy back after switching diets.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Anybody have advice for maintaining or increasing muscle mass while following a ketogenic diet? It's been having the desired effect in terms of weight loss but working out is quite difficult without the carbs to recover. I eat plenty of protein and veggies as well as high fat foods like avocado,cheese, butter and creams. No sugar and under 20g of net carbs a day.

Appreciate any helpful recommendations.
If you want to get bigger, eat more. Increasing your mass while limiting food groups will also be difficult. If you don't want to go for a big bulk, do small increases in calorie intakes. You won't grow without a calorie surplus. If you are happy with your weight loss, feel tired lacking energy, why exactly do you want to stick with Keto?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A couple of movies that you didn't watch, plus a solid 2 years of research. Much more then you know about proper nutrition since you refuse to look at the facts. You have played out that emoji by the way, it's not making your posts look any better.

Question 2: Casein, the main protein found in cow's milk is?:

A- Toxic to Humans
B- Non toxic to Humans
I did watch them, and I don't think you know what research is if you did 2 years of it and you spew out the crap that you have.
Pretty clear you watched a couple movies and got sucked in like a sheep.

“Forks Over Knives”: Is the Science Legit? (A Review and Critique)

:biglaugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterD and Mrb1p

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I did watch them, and I don't think you know what research is if you did 2 years of it and you spew out the crap that you have.
Pretty clear you watched a couple movies and got sucked in like a sheep.

“Forks Over Knives”: Is the Science Legit? (A Review and Critique)

:biglaugh:
I've been researching and learning about nutrition and veganism since my gf became one 2 years ago, i shortly after became one. Those "couple of movies" that your clearly did not watch have some very powerfull information and scientific testimonials that are undisputable. Cold hard facts about animal products that are unarguable.

Question 3: The cunsumption of animal proteins have what effect on humain cancer cells?

A- They feed and help them multiply
B- They Kill them

(FYI, vegetable proteins kill cancer cells)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If you want to get bigger, eat more. Increasing your mass while limiting food groups will also be difficult. If you don't want to go for a big bulk, do small increases in calorie intakes. You won't grow without a calorie surplus. If you are happy with your weight loss, feel tired lacking energy, why exactly do you want to stick with Keto?

I like that it doesn't make me bloated and I have good energy levels. I don't crash from the sugar and it allows me to stay in shape while not feeling too deprived.

I eat plenty of food I like, which varies between all types of meats with eggs, dairy and lots of veggies. I really dig the zucchini noodles and hasn't made me miss pasta.

I am still 15-20 pounds of fat away from where I want to be. I am 5'10 and have a pretty square build but my initial starting weight in January was 265, I am now around 212-215. My goal weight is about 185 pounds while maintaining muscle mass and potentially getting more cut.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Reactions: Cobra Commander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad