OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part IV - Let's get jacked up Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

David25

Nov 22, 2016
I workout first thing in the morning so my feeding window starts right after the gym, around 7ish in the morning until 3pm. I'm currently in Maintenance mode so my I'm eating 2400 calories per day. I will be starting a bulk in January so I will be bumping that up to around 2700 kcals per day.

This is the calculator that I use to calculate my caloric intakes: Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Thanks m8. Did you do an ECA stack during your cut

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Thanks m8. Did you do an ECA stack during your cut

Nope, the caloric deficits and the fasting did all the work for me, fat just melted right off. I lost 20 pounds in the first 5 weeks. After that, the scale stopped moving but the mirror was showing the body fat dropping, also dropped a size in pants. After about two months, the pounds started dropping again but a bit more slowly, I hit the 30 lbs mark in early December and stopped cutting there.

Reactions: DAChampion

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Going to test the finger tonight. I'll probably stick to machines (for the first time since starting the gym again) to avoid having to manipulate free weights while I fully recover

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Going to test the finger tonight. I'll probably stick to machines (for the first time since starting the gym again) to avoid having to manipulate free weights while I fully recover
e93.jpg

Reactions: Paul Dipietro

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Je bust tes balles
I know. Just saying though, machines get a pretty bad rep but at the end of the day, "c'est mieux que rester chez toi à rien faire"

And since they pretty much force you to move a certain way (which is often not the way you would with free weights), it activated a different set of muscles (which mixed things up quite nicely)

Reactions: Mrb1p

Jethlan

Apr 3, 2017
RDP
hi guys i started training a couple months ago and i can say that i'm making progress. But what i would like to know is how long would it take to get to the point where i can curl,lets say, 60 lbs dumbbell in each hands? Im at 25 now.

Jethlan

Apr 3, 2017
RDP
Just started training ?

You'll make crazy beginner gains for the first year or so if you keep up with the nutrition.
i make sure to eat as much clean proteins as i can It's not that when there areother peolpe living in the same house.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Have you tried a hook grip ? Doesnt put that much stress on the ring finger.

I'm personally reworking my deadlift. I was lifting way heavier with mixed grip but it was causing muscle imbalances and making my grip strength terrible on my left hand. Now I'm doing neutral grip, my grip strength sucks so I use straps. Basically pulling 3 plates, 5X5 right now excluding warmups.

Unfortunately, I have to stop any heavy pressing/pulling movements because I injured my finger...open gash/wound, really disappointing but it's impossible to grip anything heavy right now. Fortunately, I'm still able to do squats but I'm worried going too heavy because I still need to grip the bar. Hopefully I won't lose too much on my gains as I'm still in the middle of a cut (trying to get from cut->shredded now).

Always intrigued me. What if I can pull much more in sumo? I never really tried sumo.

I do sumo, when I was new to the gym like 4 years ago, my hip mobility wasn't the best. You could probably pull more in conventional if you have a good hip drive/mobility. But I wouldn't really recommend testing out sumo unless you are a power lifter and only care about numbers.

Also, the macros on Costco Kirkland Bars are pretty good (190 calories, 21g protein, uses artificial sweeteners to lower the calorie count). Quest bars probably taste way better, but they are expensive as hell. I use it as a snack if I'm too hungry before the gym or afterwards if I want to get something filling as I know I'm going to be hungrier later in the day (cutting).

For about 2-3 months I was going heavy/volume as soon as I woke up and working out fasted, it's easily doable and you can still lift heavy if you don't overdo it (gets easier once you get to your heavy working sets and a bit of a pump going). But it's incredibly mentally taxing, so I had to take a break for now.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Shoulder is pretty much back to normal. Of all things pullups/downs are pretty much the only movement I'm limited on right now.

Also have started doing 5 sets of good mornings on my leg days after my 5x5 squats. Think it's helping my strength gains on deadlifts as well as tighten up my core. Digging them. Except sometimes I get self conscious cuz it looks like I'm doing the worst squats ever lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm personally reworking my deadlift. I was lifting way heavier with mixed grip but it was causing muscle imbalances and making my grip strength terrible on my left hand. Now I'm doing neutral grip, my grip strength sucks so I use straps. Basically pulling 3 plates, 5X5 right now excluding warmups.

Unfortunately, I have to stop any heavy pressing/pulling movements because I injured my finger...open gash/wound, really disappointing but it's impossible to grip anything heavy right now. Fortunately, I'm still able to do squats but I'm worried going too heavy because I still need to grip the bar. Hopefully I won't lose too much on my gains as I'm still in the middle of a cut (trying to get from cut->shredded now).

I do sumo, when I was new to the gym like 4 years ago, my hip mobility wasn't the best. You could probably pull more in conventional if you have a good hip drive/mobility. But I wouldn't really recommend testing out sumo unless you are a power lifter and only care about numbers.

Also, the macros on Costco Kirkland Bars are pretty good (190 calories, 21g protein, uses artificial sweeteners to lower the calorie count). Quest bars probably taste way better, but they are expensive as hell. I use it as a snack if I'm too hungry before the gym or afterwards if I want to get something filling as I know I'm going to be hungrier later in the day (cutting).

For about 2-3 months I was going heavy/volume as soon as I woke up and working out fasted, it's easily doable and you can still lift heavy if you don't overdo it (gets easier once you get to your heavy working sets and a bit of a pump going). But it's incredibly mentally taxing, so I had to take a break for now.

I'm a powerlifter and all i care about is numbers

Reactions: firstemperor

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Shoulder is pretty much back to normal. Of all things pullups/downs are pretty much the only movement I'm limited on right now.

Also have started doing 5 sets of good mornings on my leg days after my 5x5 squats. Think it's helping my strength gains on deadlifts as well as tighten up my core. Digging them. Except sometimes I get self conscious cuz it looks like I'm doing the worst squats ever lol

Doing them before with a lighter weight allows to activate the posterior chain. Good way to get the blood flowing.

Also, a dude told me my squat sucked once and that i was gonna injure myself if i kept doing it... I was doing good mornings, with like 50 pounds on the bar...

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad