GDT: first three game winning streak of the season gdt vs stars

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Glad they fought back in the third, last year they would've folded and skulked through the end of the game. Skinner's effort really makes me wonder why he didn't get the C. Can't wait to see him in playoff games.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Yeah it is mind boggling about Skinner and the C. If they'd just given one to Staal or Faulk I don't think I'd be so stuck on it but they went ahead and gave out two, why specifically exclude Skinner when he has been the engine the past few years? I guess it's possible he specifically said "no I don't want it" but that seems unlikely to me. I don't know- it's not like I know any of these guys personally but it seems like Staal and Faulk would both be more likely to say they don't want it and Skinner would be more likely to relish it.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
They were able to steal a young 1st line center, grab a goalie when they needed one, and grab wingers when they needed them. We did a good this past off season with grabbing what Darling and Williams but honestly it's just not enough and is glacially slow in comparison with Dallas.
If you're going to compare the Hurricanes to a team that finished 1st in the Central the year before last, you'd have to be of the opinion that the Hurricanes were in a position to strike after the 2014-2015 season, but I'd argue they were still trying to clean up a mess at that point.

Dallas would be in the bottom-third in the league with their prospect pool if they didn't get the #3 overall pick this past year...and might still be in the bottom-third even with Heiskanen. Not having notable prospects combined with to-cap spending means they have the freedom to sign free agents in their 30s to take prominent positions in their lineup (Bishop, Hanzal, Radulov, Methot)...they aren't worried that such moves will stifle development of their prospects. Their future 2/3 years out is very cloudy, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with them as time moves on. It will also be interesting to see what happens to them with huge expectations...a pretty scattered identity of a roster, if I may pull an opinion out of my ass.

Yes, it's easy to be excited about this year being a fan of Dallas, but I'm equally excited about the future of the Hurricanes.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
One Dallas - canes comparison that sticks out to me is that watching Jamie Benn reminds me a lot of circa 08-09 Eric Staal... maybe that's just me but it pops in my head every time I watch him

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
There just has to be an emoji for this...

how about a gif?

ace-ventura-ass-talkin-o.gif

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Eddie Lack with Canes: .901
Scott Darling so far: .898

A storyline that I was hoping wouldn't be a storyline.

Aren't storylines supposed to contain some meaning? Is there any Canes fan watching the games who thinks that Darling isn't an upgrade compared to last year?

Darling has been OK. His SV% is poor, but we're not that far into the season and he is seeing high quality scoring chances in spite of the Cane's continued good shot suppression numbers...worst case for goalies...see low amount of shots, but they are tough ones.

Can you imagine if Ward had started 5 of the first 6 and was sub-900...HFCanes would be frothing at the mouth...new guy gets some deserved slack though...anyways, I think we'll have to wait a bit to see if Darling is actually an upgrade from Ward as a starter. As a fan of the team I hope he is...but calling it now is irrational exuberance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad