GDT: first three game winning streak of the season gdt vs stars

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
This was a good example of why fans should be excited about this team this season. They never felt down 4-0 and pressured every shift they possibly could for the final 45 minutes of this game. Really proud of the effort, would have loved to steal a loser point.

Reactions: vorbis and Tryamw

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Darling was not good, PP was worse. The Staal goal was essentially a pp goal but this team consistently wastes the first minute-minute ten seconds of every power play opportunity. Convert one of those and they pull a point out of this game, maybe even win it with the momentum they had going their way in the third

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Oh well. A spirited push back after going down 4-0. And I'll take a 2-2 State Fair trip, thank you very much.

Now excuse me while I finish watching the Yankees completely blow what should be a Game 7 victory and go to bed drunk and angry.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I blame the low effort GDT. Sorry for not posting, my computer was playing the Yankees game. Anyway, that was an interesting game, glad I watched through the third. Skinner cares, and three unanswered goals, despite the loss, isn't a terrible note to go home on. We scored three against Bishop, and if that's the first game of the road trip instead of the last we probably win. So I'm still optimistic.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
On another note, 3 games in 5 nights and covering mileage from Alberta to Dallas, I suppose you can't be too mad at them coming out flat, but man. If the effort in that first period is just a little better, it's a totally different game.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
On another note, 3 games in 5 nights and covering mileage from Alberta to Dallas, I suppose you can't be too mad at them coming out flat, but man. If the effort in that first period is just a little better, it's a totally different game.

Thats one thing that bothers me about this team. So many points have been pissed away because they can't stop the bleeding in time to at least steal one or possibly two. Tonight is another example.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Watched a replay of some of the parts I missed. Reuniting Slavin and Pesce is in theory a good idea but Hanifin-Faulk makes no sense to me and never has, they're too much alike. Putting them out there at the same time, you're just doubling down on a weakness - good for creating offense if you're down, but probably not a great default choice.

I'd go Slavin-Faulk/Hanifin-Pesce/Fleury-TVR, or Slavin-Pesce/Fleury-Faulk/Hanifin-TVR, but again, unless you're trying to mount a big comeback, Hanifin-Faulk should not even be a consideration, IMO, it just doesn't work. Even Faulk-TVR seemed to work better despite them both being righties.

of course, I could just be overreacting on the basis that Hanifin was a dumpster fire this game and Fleury didn't seem much better, for the most part.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I blame the low effort GDT. Sorry for not posting, my computer was playing the Yankees game. Anyway, that was an interesting game, glad I watched through the third. Skinner cares, and three unanswered goals, despite the loss, isn't a terrible note to go home on. We scored three against Bishop, and if that's the first game of the road trip instead of the last we probably win. So I'm still optimistic.

i blame the LACK OF OPTIMISM all of you showed after the 2nd period. wtf were all the game over posts? no wonder we lost

you took the optimism magic out of the gDT environment and that prevented the w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad