Pre-Game Talk: First game of the year! Canadiens vs New Maple Leafs @ 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I like our lineup but i'M really not a fan of that 4th line. I liked the Kassian trade but with "La Margarine" signed i think we will miss Prust a lot this year.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I hate our anti-tougness lineup and our fourth line.

I already miss Kassian/Prust...

Why can't we be a tough team like we used to be when we were THE team to beat in the NHL?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Oof.

Without Kassian the need to trade one of Tinordi/Pateryn and one of our many forward prospects for some good bottom 6 help is very apparent.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

Why can't we be a tough team like we used to be when we were THE team to beat in the NHL?

Toughness in the way you're talking of it is overrated. Gallagher and Byron are tough. Flynn/Byron-Mitchell-DSP will hopefully be tough to play against and should outplay most teams' fourth lines.

The last time the Habs were THE team to beat in 1993 they iced Dionne, DiPietro, Leeman, Ronan, Savard and Brunet on the bottom 2 lines, along with Carbonneau. That's not exactly "toughness" either, but it worked just fine because all of those guys could play.

I'll take speed and talent any day over a broken down Brandon Prust thanks.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Oof.

Without Kassian the need to trade one of Tinordi/Pateryn and one of our many forward prospects for some good bottom 6 help is very apparent.

Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Moen-Malhotra-Weise

If you can't see that our bottom 6 has already been drastically improved compared to last year then I can't help you.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Yeah, back to the 70's...:yo:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I predict Toronto wins 4-2 with an ENG tonight. New coach honeymoon, plus the Habs never play well on opening night.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
As much as i did not like Moen i would take him over Flynn any day.

I find Flynn can do more things. He isn't as physical as Moen, but can do everything else better.

Plus, his cap hit is only about 40%...which is a big factor.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Toughness in the way you're talking of it is overrated. Gallagher and Byron are tough. Flynn/Byron-Mitchell-DSP will hopefully be tough to play against and should outplay most teams' fourth lines.

The last time the Habs were THE team to beat in 1993 they iced Dionne, DiPietro, Leeman, Ronan, Savard and Brunet on the bottom 2 lines, along with Carbonneau. That's not exactly "toughness" either, but it worked just fine because all of those guys could play.

I can't wait for the reactions here when we're gonna get push around against bigger and thougher teams aka west teams and a lot of east teams! :)

I'm gonna be laughing.

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto

This. Byron had 101 hits in 57 games last season. He may not be big, but he's fast and hits a LOT. That's tough to play against. And Gallagher, well.... we all know how he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot