Not open for further replies.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Leafs:

Hunwick-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Harrington
Marincin-Rielly

Please no more complaining about Emelin or Gilbert ever again.

I am not trying to pick on you, but all this talk about Harrington and the guy was assigned to the AHL yesterday. Lou L. said on the radio Corrado, who was picked up on waivers from Vancouver, could help them according to their scouts.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1961289

Last edited:

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Matt Hunwick an 8yr. veteran NHL Dman (Boston, Colorado, NYR's, now Leaf's)won a Gold Medal at 2004 WJHC's, a PMD that was 3 time best Dman for Michigan Wolverines, no small feat and was voted best defensive defenceman in CCHA 2006-2007. So no he's not a bum, he's paired with Harrington whose a gamer as well, Toronto Maple Leafs(Shanahan) are building quality depth slowly just as Bergevin has in Montreal actually.:nod:

Another way to look at Hunwick is that he was a 7th round draft pick, who 2 years ago spent the year in the AHL while in the Colorado organization, played more than 55 games in a season in the NHL only once, and has played 19 fewer games in the NHL than PK who is 4 years younger.

Edit: He also was so in demand, as a FA, he signed for 1.2 Million, about half the NHL average.

Questions abound.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Since I had the misfortune of watching Hunwick skate on Avs top pairing for far too long I can safely say he's not a good hockey player, he a guy you have as a #7 if you have a good D, #6 in a pinch maybe.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Since I had the misfortune of watching Hunwick skate on Avs top pairing for far too long I can safely say he's not a good hockey player, he a guy you have as a #7 if you have a good D, #6 in a pinch maybe.

Just keep slamming the guy here on HF boards and watch him come out & play like a SC MVP against the Habs tonight, like clockwork, added incentives, count on the Habs wiseacres here, to throw them out in bucketloads for opposition coaches to use!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap::help:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Finally opening night!!

Don't have a great feeling about tonight but I never seem too when playing in Toronto.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Impact Game + Habs Season Opener

Will need:
- PVR
- Beer
- Chicken wings/Pizza
- Twitter
- Beer
- HF
- Chips
- Beer
- Prepared excuses for work

This is a great Wednesday for once....

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
Guys, seems like hockey streams is having issues and can't get my subscription going. Help a brother out, what are my options if I want to watch a replay (I'm in Singapore and can't watch live. Hs was great for that). Does center ice allow you to watch dvrd games?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I'll keep Emelin thank you ;) at least he hits like a train.

Mynameismark*

Habs should win. Excited for the season.

But man this roster right now is soft. If anything happens who do we have? Not just for the Leafs tonight as I dont expect anything from them.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Leafs are an awful team... I really don't see how we can lose this game.

No GDT yet? Crazy. Things have really changed around here.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Most important game of the season so far. Has the lineup been posted?

Im sure we'll have a good idea after the morning skate :)

But some previews of the line up were posted by John Lu from TSN yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad