#FIRECHIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That has nothing to do about him being a prominent face of the NHL...that's a given.
My point was about him being a captain, and my opinion of his leadership qualities.
I didn't say prominent face. I said 'a prominent voice'. I have no doubts Connor McDavid will be a captain wherever he goes in hockey because teams generally choose their captains to lead by example on the ice and Connor is the best player on the planet. I think criticising him this early in his career for seeming like a quieter figure in the locker-room is kind of silly considering what I just said. What do you expect of a kid who's accomplished squat in professional hockey beyond his own personal accomplishments? He may wear the C, but he's still looking up to the vets on this team for guidance.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I didn't say prominent face. I said 'a prominent voice'. I have no doubts Connor McDavid will be a captain wherever he goes in hockey because teams generally choose their captains to lead by example on the ice and Connor is the best player on the planet. I think criticising him this early in his career for seeming like a quieter figure in the locker-room is kind of silly considering what I just said. What do you expect of a kid who's accomplished squat in professional hockey beyond his own personal accomplishments? He may wear the C, but he's still looking up to the vets on this team for guidance.

I never criticized him though.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
It was a response to this comment.

Considering he's the captain and the catalyst to pretty much all of our team's offense, it comes off as a bit of a criticism. And as I alluded, it's not entirely untrue.
to criticize someone is to find fualt, and not being a leader isn't a fault.
Not all people are leaders.....and just because he is a catalyst for our offence , doesn't automatically make him a captain.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
to criticize someone is to find fualt, and not being a leader isn't a fault.
Not all people are leaders.....and just because he is a catalyst for our offence , doesn't automatically make him a captain.
I agree not all people are leaders. Leadership is something that is developed through experience, which is what I was alluding to in regards to Connor.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I heard Montoya speak about McDavids leadership on XM NHL the other day and Connor has no problem calling out players when need be. Montoya said he’s a special leader. He’s never seen anything like it before.

Reactions: MisterD and KYams17

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Whats the list for this seasonss new prospect afds?

Dudek
Hebig
Mantha
Marody
Persson
Koskinen?
Ellis
(I guess some of these are last season)
Larkin
Lowe
Etc

Thats pretty busy. Along with the draft signings.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Looking back MacT set Chia up with a golden opportunity. The Mcdavid pick+16. A few young unproven, but valuable players. A few proven young forwards on good deals. And no majorly crippling contracts, the worst being maybe pouliot?

And now? Our roster is filled with overpayed, depreciating assets. Very little in the way of promising youngsters (before anyone points to their favourite shiny new toy, compare them to any other teams top young talent and see how we stack up. Hint, its not good.)
We honestly look like a team that will finish with 10th-16th picks for the next few years unless McD and Drai combine for something ridiculous like 200pts or have a goalie stand on his head for a whole season.

I have zero faith that this knob can fix the issues he caused. He has proven to be at minimum, below avg at contract negotiations, trades, and cap management.

I honestly feel that MacT would have done a better job if we had of just left him in charge.

Reactions: harpoon

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Looking back MacT set Chia up with a golden opportunity. The Mcdavid pick+16. A few young unproven, but valuable players. A few proven young forwards on good deals. And no majorly crippling contracts, the worst being maybe pouliot?

And now? Our roster is filled with overpayed, depreciating assets. Very little in the way of promising youngsters (before anyone points to their favourite shiny new toy, compare them to any other teams top young talent and see how we stack up. Hint, its not good.)
We honestly look like a team that will finish with 10th-16th picks for the next few years unless McD and Drai combine for something ridiculous like 200pts or have a goalie stand on his head for a whole season.

I have zero faith that this knob can fix the issues he caused. He has proven to be at minimum, below avg at contract negotiations, trades, and cap management.

I honestly feel that MacT would have done a better job if we had of just left him in charge.

They had a long term plan but getting the Mcdavid pick caused them to fast forward the plan. Mac T probably would have made some horrible decisions to fast track the team as well.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Sadly, this thought has crossed my mind as well.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I have very little faith in Chiarelli but at this point its clear he's going nowhere. I just hope that he doesn't get fleeced again this offseason

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was a response to this comment.

Considering he's the captain and the catalyst to pretty much all of our team's offense, it comes off as a bit of a criticism. And as I alluded, it's not entirely untrue.

I think its entirely fair to suggest that McDavid hasnt yet learned what it takes to be a leader at the NHL level.

JSlick

Oct 17, 2016
Edmonton
I'm glad for Hall. Still one of my favorite players in the league.

I hope Chia smacks himself in the face. God damn idiot.

Reactions: 780il

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think its entirely fair to suggest that McDavid hasnt yet learned what it takes to be a leader at the NHL level.
Why are you responding to this? The post is from over a month ago and the post itself is conceding the point that you are making.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
F×××× off you fat POS Chiarelli. You Sieve of a GM. There off my chest. Gotta hand it to Hall, that outfit was bangin looking sharp. It would have been nice to finish that off with thank you to the trash of an organization called the Oilers for trading me. Hows things up in E-town followed with a mic drop middle finger and a wink. The look on McDavids face said it all. All that's missing now is a request for a trade out of this clownshow. All respect to the Broncos. Very classy by the NHL.

The guy that traded him is about to put the final nail on this team this summer. Cant wait !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad