#FIRECHIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
It looked horrible the day it happened, it looked horrible last year, it looks horrible this year. At no point will this trade ever look not terrible

Since Hall undeservingly won the Hart tonight, you're probably right it will always go down as a terrible trade but don't tell me at the last year when Hall put up a sub 60 point season, missed the playoffs and won the lottery, while the oilers were one goalie interference call away from a conference final with Larsson being a big piece of that, that the trade looked terrible.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Since Hall undeservingly won the Hart tonight, you're probably right it will always go down as a terrible trade but don't tell me at the last year when Hall put up a sub 60 point season, missed the playoffs and won the lottery, while the oilers were one goalie interference call away from a conference final with Larsson being a big piece of that, that the trade looked terrible.

McDavid , Draisaitl and Talbots fluke goaltending is the reason we made it to the second round then embarrassed ourselves in that 3-0 game against Anahiem. Where was Larsson then ? Isnt he known for defending ?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
"Undeservingly"
Taylor Hall had 93 points last season. The second highest scorer on the Devils had 52 points. Hall was arguably the best player in the league down the stretch last season. Funny how you criticized us for using mental gymnastics lmao.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Individual awards at the end of the day mean nothing. The Stanley cup is the only prize. A chia led oilers team went further in the playoffs than a Hall led oilers team. Which also means nothing. We weren’t good with Hall. 50% making the playoffs without him. #extendchia

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Individual awards at the end of the day mean nothing. The Stanley cup is the only prize. A chia led oilers team went further in the playoffs than a Hall led oilers team. Which also means nothing. We weren’t good with Hall. 50% making the playoffs without him. #extendchia

That's crap. Chiarelli will be haunted by this trade for the rest of his professional career (which may not be long at this rate) and that's a fact.

He better pray Vezinabot shows up for 70+ starts again next year.

Winning the Hart Trophy puts any player into a very prestigious and exclusive club.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
That's crap. Chiarelli will be haunted by this trade for the rest of his professional career (which may not be long at this rate) and that's a fact.

I doubt he will be haunted by it. He’s a professional. You make bad decisions in business. You don’t get far by not learning from your mistakes.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I doubt he will be haunted by it. He’s a professional. You make bad decisions in business. You don’t get far by not learning from your mistakes.

He can say whatever he wants, this is his legacy now in hockey circles, no one is going to just forget this. The Seguin situation hounded him bad enough, this will be far worse.

His dumb ass better hope playoffs happen next year because he will never IMO work in this league as a GM ever again after this, just like Milbury, only Milbury never made a single trade as bad as the Hall one.

And it's clear he didn't learn shit from the Seguin situation at all. It's not professional to keep getting bent over in deals like this, that's just being bad at your job.

Reactions: McAsuno

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
"Undeservingly"
Taylor Hall had 93 points last season. The second highest scorer on the Devils had 52 points. Hall was arguably the best player in the league down the stretch last season. Funny how you criticized us for using mental gymnastics lmao.

Heres some of my mental gymnastics

1. Name the last time a player not top 5 in scoring won the Hart

2. Hall's point production was propped up by pp points

3. Explain to me how the media can award Kopitar the Selke, but doesn't win the Hart with one point less than Hall.

The oilers bad season this year was unsustainable based on special teams/injurys/etc. Halls good season will also more than likely not be repeated again. People hate Chia too much at the moment to find a little common sense in their argument which is probably explained by the thread I'm in.

Reactions: Mcwinner

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Chia led no Oiler team to anywhere. It was McDavid, Draisaitl and A fluke year from Talbot and Letestu.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

3. Explain to me how the media can award Kopitar the Selke, but doesn't win the Hart with one point less than Hall.

The oilers bad season this year was unsustainable based on special teams/injurys/etc. Halls good season will also more than likely not be repeated again. People hate Chia too much at the moment to find a little common sense in their argument which is probably explained by the thread I'm in.

Kopitar might not even be the best player on his team ... that's probably Drew Doughty.

Taylor Hall had jack all for support, the second leading scorer on his team had 50 some points, Corey Schneider had a poor year in net. He carried that team single handedly into the playoffs.

Reactions: harpoon

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Chia makes me long for Kevin Lowe.

Kevin Lowe is a big reason for why we have Chia. Another grab from the Hockey Canada connection pool. Same way Tambo got into the mix.

One day I hope Katz's kid finally cleans house in this stupid org.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Lets take a look back. Chia was a good hire at the time, qualified.

What RUINED his reputation here in Edmonton can be traced back to one single thing - Not leaving the Bruins on good terms, burning your bridges.

If Chia did not do this then:

1) Instead of Reinhart, we would have had Dougie Hamilton
2) No need to acquire Larsson, Hall stays
3) With the help on RHD, the quitter Jultz probably doesn't quit and has a decent season.
4) Strome for Eberle is not THAT bad, Ebs was done here and at 6m he was always the one to go.
5) May not have Pulju. But Keller or Sergachyev (both guys we liked) would've been more where we would be picking IMO. But lets say we got Pulju to be fair.

RNH - McDavid - X
Hall - Draisaitl - X
Maroon - Strome - Pulju

Sekera - Hamilton
Klefbom - Russel
Nurse - Schultz

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

50%?
Not big on math hey?

Reactions: harpoon and McAsuno

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

What RUINED his reputation here in Edmonton can be traced back to one single thing - Not leaving the Bruins on good terms, burning your bridges.

3) With the help on RHD, the quitter Jultz probably doesn't quit and has a decent season.
4) Strome for Eberle is not THAT bad, Ebs was done here and at 6m he was always the one to go.
5) May not have Pulju. But Keller or Sergachyev (both guys we liked) would've been more where we would be picking IMO. But lets say we got Pulju to be fair.

RNH - McDavid - X
Hall - Draisaitl - X
Maroon - Strome - Pulju

Sekera - Hamilton
Klefbom - Russel
Nurse - Schultz

If we hired literally any other GM on planet Earth other than this single idiot we would not have been cornered into getting bent over for a right shot D.

We would've acquired Dougie Hamilton for a couple of picks and moved on.

And Puljujarvi is likely not the pick at 4 since we'd be overloaded on the wing, it's probably Sergachev.

And we wouldn't have that horrendous Lucic deal on our books.

Seriously this organization cannot help itself from doing the absolute wrong thing even when they are gifted incredible fortune from the hockey gods.

They immediately follow up winning the McDavid lottery by hiring the only GM who likely could cock block them into this situation.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

1. Price in 2014/2015

2. PP points count the same as ES ones. And Hall had the same amount of 5v5 points as your boy Kopitar.

3. Talk to me when Hall has a Norris runner-up playing behind him.

What injuries? Other than Sekera the team was relatively healthy last season. Hell, at the beginning of the year they were only missing Sekera and the team was still dogshit. This roster will miss the playoffs again next season and McDavid will be seriously contemplating a trade out of town. There's no way he's going to stick around while this incompetent management team continues to destroy any chance he has of contending for a cup. The state of this franchise under Katz's ownership has been an absolute nightmare. We were better off with OEG running the team on a shoestring budget.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
3/4 were brought in by Chia.

#extendchia
Lol....@Chiarelli getting credit for bringing in McDavid, Draisaitl and letestu.....Talbot was handed to the Oilers by Sather as a gift. Letestu was a fluke, Chia had nothing to do with Leon and Connor.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

RNH - McDavid - X
Hall - Draisaitl - X
Maroon - Strome - Pulju

Sekera - Hamilton
Klefbom - Russel
Nurse - Schultz

To be fair to Chia's terribleness. He did trade Kessel, Seguin and Wheeler all right before they really hit their stride in the league.

Top 25 scorers in the NHL this season. Only 7 were not playing for their original team. Chia traded 4 of them, Hall (6), Kessel (8), Wheeler (9), Seguin (24). Howson traded 1 other, Voracek (15). Only ones an Oiler manager didn't have a hand in moving were Panarin (20) Karlsson (23).

It really is weird how so many teams are able to keep their best home grown players on their own team. Except oilers managers I mean, they just do whatevs.

Last edited:

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Lol....@Chiarelli getting credit for bringing in McDavid, Draisaitl and letestu.....Talbot was handed to the Oilers by Sather as a gift. Letestu was a fluke, Chia had nothing to do with Leon and Connor.

He could have not drafted Mcdavid, told Sather to F off old man and not signed Letestu. Bad management find a way to screw up hand outs. He did not.

#extendchia

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
To be fair to Chia's terribleness. He did trade Kessel, Seguin and Wheeler all right before they really hit their stride in the league.

Top 25 scorers in the NHL this season. Only 6 were not playing for their original team. Chia traded 4 of them (Hall, Wheeler, Seguin, Kessel), Howson traded 1 other (Voracek). Only one that an Oiler manager didn't trade was Panarin.

Oilers Hockey!

darkwave09

Nov 5, 2008
Wow. What an incompetent idiot. Fire his stupid a$$ into the sun. Who trades a hart winning winger for a second pairing defenceman

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He could have not drafted Mcdavid, told Sather to F off old man and not signed Letestu. Bad management find a way to screw up hand outs. He did not.

#extendchia
Yes he could not have drafted McDavid...man you got a great point...
.......:huh::banghead::scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad