Fire mike johnston now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

There was a new account that was posting stuff that kept getting flagged. Some of the stuff that was flagged (and deleted) was corroborated by more established posters. It all related back to the Shero and Byslma firings, and a bunch of stuff about Morehouse and the FO.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
On the topic of compensation for fired personel. It will 100% be gone by January. So theres that to look forward to.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I'll miss IC. He was one of a half-dozen or so posters whose opinion I really respected. :laugh: It's a shame that the fight involved a few others (Bigs, Jiggy, Cole).

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
That was a stupid argument, but to pin the blame on any one poster in that instance is asinine. In a way, it's a microcosm of being Penguins' fan. In the end, we all lose...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sure. He's a good coach and we'd be lucky if we got him.

Knowing us we'll wait too long to fire Johnston and end up with Tocchet running the team or something.

Don't joke. That's exactly what's going to happen.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I don't want this to sound like I'm defending Scuds, but why do you guys think Clendening is good enough to replace him?

Haven't seen much from him, but what we have seen hasn't really been anything impressive. Also he's been bounced around a couple of times leads me to believe he really isn't any good.

Not every throw in player we pickup (Niskanen, Dupuis) is going to turn into something useful.

My bigger question...
What happened to Pouliot and why he wasn't able to make it.

Can't get rid of Scuds unless you have a viable replacement.

ugh.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I've never thought Capp to be thin skinned. Certain topics were sure to set him off, but that's true for most of us. And he is able to walk away from an argument ... 'Good luck in your future endeavors' was/is his trademark :laugh:

I've seen some other folks comment about him lording over his sources, or that having inside information swelled his ego, or something to that effect. I wonder if it ever occurred to anyone that there was information he couldn't divulge because it might tip off who he is IRL, and maybe cost him his job? That he wasn't holding back stuff because he was on an ego trip, but that it was too specific?

As for who is going to know ... people in the industry do read these boards. Players, agents, FO and PR people from all the teams. And they do have accounts for flagging posts ... we saw that the summer that Shero and DB were fired.

I'm with you on hoping they're both back to posting again, though.

Agreed. I never got the arrogant stuff with IC at all. Highly sarcastic and a little over the top at times for sure, but not arrogant.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Don't joke. That's exactly what's going to happen.

I know. Oh do I ever know :(.

I've said this a lot but it gives me great comfort that our first round pick is lottery protected this year. While I doubt we'll be a basement dweller or anything close, it's obviously easy to see us missing the playoffs, and with the new lottery format we'd have a shot at the #1, #2, or #3 pick.

So missing the playoffs would suck but hey, at least we'd have a shot at an impact player.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh ic will be back. If not another will take his place. There are always those in the know lurking on long term national sites like this. Eventually most start posting

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I know. Oh do I ever know :(.

I've said this a lot but it gives me great comfort that our first round pick is lottery protected this year. While I doubt we'll be a basement dweller or anything close, it's obviously easy to see us missing the playoffs, and with the new lottery format we'd have a shot at the #1, #2, or #3 pick.

So missing the playoffs would suck but hey, at least we'd have a shot at an impact player.

That would give me comfort but for this organization's approach to neutering impact players through inferior management and coaching.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Both IC and Jiggy will be back.

Honestly, that was more odd between them than anything. Jiggy saying that Sid isn't demanding a thing but being catered to regardless, and IC basically getting angry over the Jiggy suggesting that Sid is making demands even though Jiggy often said he didn't.

The one thing I disagreed with vehemently was that Sid isn't catered to. IC blamed it on stupidity, but what I never got a chance to tell him is that if there's one thing I've learned having my hand in a bunch of different businesses and dealing with people who think they're smarter than they really are, is that stupidity is often random.

At some point, when stupid decisions seem to always favor a single individual, it's not stupidity but a form of favoritism. In other words, if Sid often found himself in spots or with linemates that didn't make sense, I'd chalk it up to incompetence. But when Sid (almost) never finds himself in an uncomfortable spot, there's an angle there.

Really, it was two people getting looking for reasons to get angry. In the end, it was a fight that usually only couples get into :P

Both are solid posters, and both will be back.

bigG

Jan 18, 2010
Both IC and Jiggy will be back.

Honestly, that was more odd between them than anything. Jiggy saying that Sid isn't demanding a thing but being catered to regardless, and IC basically getting angry over the Jiggy suggesting that Sid is making demands even though Jiggy often said he didn't.

The one thing I disagreed with vehemently was that Sid isn't catered to. IC blamed it on stupidity, but what I never got a chance to tell him is that if there's one thing I've learned having my hand in a bunch of different businesses and dealing with people who think they're smarter than they really are, is that stupidity is often random.

At some point, when stupid decisions seem to always favor a single individual, it's not stupidity but a form of favoritism. In other words, if Sid often found himself in spots or with linemates that didn't make sense, I'd chalk it up to incompetence. But when Sid (almost) never finds himself in an uncomfortable spot, there's an angle there.

Really, it was two people getting looking for reasons to get angry. In the end, it was a fight that usually only couples get into :P

Both are solid posters, and both will be back.
doubt it. sometimes you just move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad