Fire mike johnston now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
The team has no gameplan. Look at the zone entries, can someone explain to me what the F they are doing.

The lines is not working. Kessel-Crosby-Kunitz is by far the biggest waste of talent i can remember seeing. Almost anyone understand that Kessel works better with Malkin. Malkin just looks frustrated and disinterested out there.

The special teams is even worse. So many wrongs there that I cant even find one thing that is right.

The stars does not look motivated at all. Fire him now before its too late!

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
The team has no gameplan. Look at the zone entries, can someone explain to me what the F they are doing.

The lines is not working. Kessel-Crosby-Kunitz is by far the biggest waste of talent i can remember seeing. Almost anyone understand that Kessel works better with Malkin. Malkin just looks frustrated and disinterested out there.

The special teams is even worse. So many wrongs there that I cant even find one thing that is right.

The stars does not look motivated at all. Fire him now before its too late!
Kessel plays RW and Kunitz plays LW. Please ask your handler to check the strap on your safety helmet. I fear it may be too tight.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Crosby with kessel isn't the issue. It's ****ing Kunitz. Sid playing like hot garbage doesn't help.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Johnston doesn't come off as smug or arrogant like Bylsma was. He just seems like he doesn't have the spine to be a NHL head coach.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I wanted MJ gone last year. Still don't like him. Every line looks the same ... nothing creative out there.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
This isn't about just this year. Mike Johnston's schtick got old around January. This team is way too talented to play like garbage.

Fire his *** right now.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Team has been hot garbage since last December. Hopefully he's on a short leash. Such a shame pens have wasted another two years of Crosby and Malkin's primes (are they still in their primes?). They've gone backwards since the Shero/Bylsma firings.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Team has been hot garbage since last December. Hopefully he's on a short leash. Such a shame pens have wasted another two years of Crosby and Malkin's primes (are they still in their primes?). They've gone backwards since the Shero/Bylsma firings.

No!

I dont ****ing get why we recruit garbage like HCMJ when there has been a lot of proven options on the market.

Who are the realistic options available atm?

AltDess

Jun 19, 2009
Make Malkin the centerpiece
Why are the coaches so blind?
Sid is playing garbage, give Malkin the good wingers
before it is too late
Perron-MALKIN-Kessel-Hornquist-Sprong
Why so blind coaches?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All seriousness, I've always said that a good coach, through systems, bench management, and as a communicator, sets things up so his team plays to its strengths and away from its weaknesses and so his individual players are put into the best possible position to make plays. Then, from there, it's 100% on the players.

So, it's simple: Does Mike Johnston have this team playing to its relative strengths? Is he putting players into position to make plays? Is he doing this systemically? As a bench boss? As a communicator?

It was apparent some time ago that the answers are no, and given how god awful certain key players look, either he goes or this organization can forget about the playoffs, let alone the annual cup delusions.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal

Who cares about their prime at this point, they don't even care themselves. I personally think that both Sid and Geno are fine with that one cup it's like they don't even care anymore. Sure Johnston is a terrible coach, but the players look as terrible as him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Who cares about their prime at this point, they don't even care themselves. I personally think that both Sid and Geno are fine with that one cup it's like they don't even care anymore. Sure Johnston is a terrible coach, but the players look as terrible as him.

What evidence of any sort do you have to point to that, because lacking the ability to overcome incompetent organizational management and coaching doesn't quite qualify?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I remember the first time I met Mike Johnston. He was giving a lecture on quantum sting theory at he Akron ITT Tech campus in '98. Even then I knew he was going to be amazing.

Anyhow, we were having a drink - I was sippin an appletini and he was nursing a Smirnoff ice - discussing Hawking's latest musings, when we both agreed that Chris Kunitz was to hockey what finding life on another planet would be to humanity.

That night ended with me selling him my '83 Datsun for $499.99. Best day ever.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No. 2 games is not 82 games.

I remember the day I married Stephen Hawking's daughter. It was the same day he invented his quantum flux time resetter.

I told him, "Steve, this is huge! We can use this machine after every sports season! People will instantly forget what happened just 24 hours prior!!!"

He looked at me and said, "my name is Tim, this is my bar, I don't have a daughter, please stop talking to me you psycho"

Guy was an *******. I immediately got in my '83 Datsun and drove to Applebee's for happy hour.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
IC's lost it. I agree though. Roll up Kunitz, Scuderi, Lovejoy and Johnston in carpets and leave 'em in a dumpster behind a 7-11 in Arizona. We'd be an infinitely better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad