Fire Maurice, Hire Boudreau

Status
Not open for further replies.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
This summer might be the only chance to get a legit upgrade to the coaching staff. My main concern with Maurice is the penalty minutes. The Jets will never win the cup if the can't stay out of the box. There's also some very questionable use of players like Thorburn, Peluso, and Stuart. PoMo hasn't been here very long, but if things go bad again next season, he could be gone without a suitable replacement. What does everyone think?

Edit: Not asking if the organization will do it, because they won't. Just asking what the fans would want

Last edited:

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
There will be someone available if and when it's time to get rid of Maurice. Don't need to do it now.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I think PMo has 3 more years left on his deal? (maybe 2?) no way the Jets stroke that cheque

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
I kind of agree with op. The usage of Stuart and thorburn always has me scratching my head. I'm not sure why stu is constantly the one on our pk, and we play way too much dump and chase for my liking. Sometimes it seems like the obvious needs to hit him in the head. How did he think things like ehlers with Lowry and thorburn made sense?

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I apparently am the lone yes vote.

I think it's a great idea. Boudreau isn't at all at fault for his teams failure. He's a great coach, and more importantly he's r4esponsible for some of the bestspecial teams play in the league.
Scotty Bowman used to say that if your team was top 5 in both PP and PK your team had a good chance to win the cup. the Jets need work on both, PoMo hasn't even come close.Boudreau can do that.

I don't think it WILL happen, but I wish they would.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I think PMo has 3 more years left on his deal? (maybe 2?) no way the Jets stroke that cheque

Don't care about money or contract, sometimes you have to be bold to win. I know the Jets wouldn't do it. The organization is very timid. That's why Chevy never makes trades

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
I kind of agree with op. The usage of Stuart and thorburn always has me scratching my head. I'm not sure why stu is constantly the one on our pk, and we play way too much dump and chase for my liking. Sometimes it seems like the obvious needs to hit him in the head. How did he think things like ehlers with Lowry and thorburn made sense?

I know Jeff Marek was talking about how with PoMo it's for a season and then crashes and burns the next few. I'm not sure about firing him, but god almighty I can't believe what he does with the lineup sometimes

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

I think it's a great idea. Boudreau isn't at all at fault for his teams failure. He's a great coach, and more importantly he's r4esponsible for some of the bestspecial teams play in the league.
Scotty Bowman used to say that if your team was top 5 in both PP and PK your team had a good chance to win the cup. the Jets need work on both, PoMo hasn't even come close.Boudreau can do that.

I don't think it WILL happen, but I wish they would.

The special teams is a whole other topic to get into. Sometimes it looks like the players have never played on the powerplay before, and I can't stand that for another season. They were very good on the PK for the first half of the 14-15 season, no? Pretty sure they had the best percentage for a while

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Actually is was Paul Maclean that made the Ducks PP unit #1.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
There will be someone available if and when it's time to get rid of Maurice. Don't need to do it now.

Will there be someone better than Boudreau though? The big name earlier this season was Tortarella. Not someone I want for the Jets. I guess getting a college coach might work out if it comes to that, but hopefully Maurice is the guy

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Every coach has a couple guys who he irrationally loves and plays more than he should. Babcock was crazy guilty of that in Detroit and he's the consensus best coach out there.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed, right or wrong move not relevant...TNSE is way too cheap to do it at this point.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I don't like how the poll is worded. I don't think it's a bad idea at all - just don't think it should happen now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Don't care about money or contract, sometimes you have to be bold to win. I know the Jets wouldn't do it. The organization is very timid. That's why Chevy never makes trades

Come on now, you know TNSE won't do it, they are too cheap & timid. This isn't a bold management group.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Boudreau has one of the best winning percentage's in the history of the NHL. Maurice is a 0.500 coach. There's no doubt in my mind who's the superior coach.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Every coach has a couple guys who he irrationally loves and plays more than he should. Babcock was crazy guilty of that in Detroit and he's the consensus best coach out there.

Was he adamant about keeping literally the worst penalty killer in the league having the most pk minutes on the team, despite having a bottom 5 pk all season? Cause that's what Pomo does.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This is not a management thread - the OP specifically asks about Maurice. "Stay ... on ... target!"

51e10526afa96f365e00000d.gif

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Good idea, but will not happen. Maurice should realistically be given 20-40 games next season to prove he can turn it around.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Good idea, but will not happen. Maurice should realistically be given 20-40 games next season to prove he can turn it around.

Q for you, Hank: is this some Carolina bias leaking into your thoughts, or just how you feel based on how last year went?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad