Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
oh yeah, a defense of Coburn, streit, del Zotto, macdonald, manning, Grossman, and Schultz is definitely more talented of a defense than our current group... rj umberger, jason akeson, Blair Jones, Ryan white, vandevelde, petr straka, rinaldo, vinny lecav, and cousins are way better than anyone currently on the team. the flyers pre hakstol were just so so talented. the roster now just pales in comparison....

I swear every time I read this thread and see a dumb defense of hakstol by braindead, I think wow that really is the worst argument I've ever read, but then 3 days later, it's Deja vue all over again.

Reactions: Rebels57

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
oh yeah, a defense of Coburn, streit, del Zotto, macdonald, manning, Grossman, and Schultz is definitely more talented of a defense than our current group... rj umberger, jason akeson, Blair Jones, Ryan white, vandevelde, petr straka, rinaldo, vinny lecav, and cousins are way better than anyone currently on the team. the flyers pre hakstol were just so so talented. the roster now just pales in comparison....

I swear every time I read this thread and see a dumb defense of hakstol by braindead, I think wow that really is the worst argument I've ever read, but then 3 days later, it's Deja vue all over again.

The ignore-a-user is a feature... it's helped quite a bit.

I'm not saying not to argue, but it helps prevent a common and unnecessary source of high blood pressure.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Who exactly has been stifled, unless, of course, you assume every prospect will instantly be a star.

When your head coach gives a young guy who just played a bit in the NHL...a total of ZERO feedback, that is a problem by anyone's standards. If it's not by your standards, you should quit following team sports

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Patrick and MacDonald are not the same; you know they're not the same for umpteen reasons pointless to list out.

And the same analytics people, not simply Corsi readers, who rag on MacDonald openly admit to many of Patrick's flaws in what has been a mediocre season thus far. I don't think they want Patrick with the best wingers in tougher match-ups he can't handle. I think they more so just want him to get regular shifts (ideally not with Weise for much longer) and not sit half a game, even if that's a steady 4th line role+PP. If that's "playing Patrick more," I think that is within reason.

Funny enough those same people, going back to another debate, would rather play MacDonald in bigger minutes than the rookie Hagg. It's not black or white.

I love all this except for the part about playing MacDonald more. I want MacDonald to play ALL the minutes every single game in the AHL or on anyone else's team. Do I think Hagg earned his spot up here? No. I would love to see any and all of our talented young D-Men cut their teeth in the big league.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I love all this except for the part about playing MacDonald more. I want MacDonald to play ALL the minutes every single game in the AHL or on anyone else's team. Do I think Hagg earned his spot up here? No. I would love to see any and all of our talented young D-Men cut their teeth in the big league.

No one likes MacDonald, but he's been better than Hagg this year. And it's not like Hagg is a player with much room to develop or grow, like Patrick for example.

But Hagg is playing top 4 minutes anyway, so it actually doesn't matter what MacDonald is doing. He's not blocking him; it was just a hypothetical choice. We get both in our top 4! Giddyup!

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
No one likes MacDonald, but he's been better than Hagg this year. And it's not like Hagg is a player with much room to develop or grow, like Patrick for example.

But Hagg is playing top 4 minutes anyway, so it actually doesn't matter what MacDonald is doing. He's not blocking him; it was just a hypothetical choice. We get both in our top 4! Giddyup!

Yeah I mean Morin and Myers - would have loved to see them start the season up. You're correct about Hagg; I think what we see is what we get. Still I prefer anyone over Manning and MacDonald.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Coburn was a solid top 4 D-man, as was Streit until his injury, as was Kimmo until the last couple seasons,
Read was a solid wing until 2 years ago, Hartnell, even Vinnie was a 20 goal scorer.
You're listing a lot of 4th line guys who all outscored Leier and Laughton!

The problem wasn't that they should have kept those aging veterans, the problem was Hextall refused to use any assets to replace them with players of similar quality. So as those veterans aged and were traded in some great moves, Hextall brought in Umberger, VdV, PEB, Cousins, Luby, Weise, Filppula, Lehtera, Schultz, MDZ, Manning, etc. Because they were cheap or throw-ins in trades. But it's not how you build a team to compete for the playoffs.

Since Hakstol arrived the young talented added has been Ghost, Provorov, Gudas, Konecny, Weal. That's pretty much it.
This year he has Hagg, Sanheim, Alt on defense, Leier, Laughton, Patrick on offense.
Now someday Sanheim and Patrick may become stars, but right now they're marginal NHL players.

The serious talent influx is going to be over the next 18 months or so, Lindblom, Vorobyev, NAK, MV, Morin, Myers, then Rubtsov, Frost, Bunnaman, Allison, etc.
That will be more young talent over the next couple years than has arrived over the last five years.

So whomever is the coach, this team will be 10-20 points better in two years because of better talent, and improvement by young players growing up.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
you're right braindead, berube was able to get more scoring out of his crappy 4th liners. hakstol has somehow managed to get less with more good point!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team is scoring at a higher rate 5x5 than any Flyer team since 2011-12, including Lavi in 2012-13.
So it seems it's the talent, not the scheme.
Whine all you want, but in the end, talent will out.

I'm just patiently waiting for the AHL forwards to come up, Weise and Leier and maybe Weal to be benched, and scoring to jump up another notch.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This team is scoring at a higher rate 5x5 than any Flyer team since 2011-12, including Lavi in 2012-13.
So it seems it's the talent, not the scheme.

Voracek (boooooooooo trade that soft POS): pacing for 68 points at 5v5.

Giroux: pacing for 57 points.

Couturier: pacing for 48 points.

4th place......Laughton pacing for 20 points at 5v5.

Look at that team success. Not the scheme at all.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Phantoms Danick Martel happy with his brief NHL stint, debut with Flyers

Martel didn’t get to talk with Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol for feedback but he did watch a lot of video with Flyers assistant coach Ian Laperriere. Martel acknowledged he saw some of his mistakes but the ones he saw were minor and his skating after any small gaffes helped control the damage.

“They asked me to be better defensively,” Martel said. “I played good defensively, I’m proud of it and now I’m back here and I’ll just try to keep working, be in shape and if they call me up I’ll be ready again.”

Lmfao.

Worst in the business.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This board is so anti-Hakstol that they will read MacDonald's Corsi numbers to Hakstol at the STH meeting, but bash Hakstol for not playing Patrick more, who probably has just about the worst Corsi numbers in the NHL.

I'd rather be "anti-Hakstol" than "full of shit" like you clearly are.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
21st in 5v5 G/60. Great accomplishment. League scoring is up this year too so raw numbers without context are pretty useless (like many such posts). They finished 14th in Berube's first season and 16th in Lavi's last full season with nightmarish defensemen. Hakstol has yet to crack the top 20.

You have to ask yourself, is this team #1 in goals against because they are actually good defensively or because they take zero chances offensively?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The ignore-a-user is a feature... it's helped quite a bit.

I'm not saying not to argue, but it helps prevent a common and unnecessary source of high blood pressure.

It doesn't help that much because so many people still reply and you can see the replies and you know who they are replying to, and the blood pressure goes up anyway. Never in my life have I seen one person single-handedly ruin a message board.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek (boooooooooo trade that soft POS): pacing for 68 points at 5v5.

Giroux: pacing for 57 points.

Couturier: pacing for 48 points.

4th place......Laughton pacing for 20 points at 5v5.

Look at that team success. Not the scheme at all.

So, talent is more important than scheme?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It doesn't help that much because so many people still reply and you can see the replies and you know who they are replying to, and the blood pressure goes up anyway. Never in my life have I seen one person single-handedly ruin a message board.

The new site actually gets rid of any form of replies. I literally have never seen any posts that are listed as replies for ignored users.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The new site actually gets rid of any form of replies. I literally have never seen any posts that are listed as replies for ignored users.

For me it gets rid of the quoted portion of the reply but not the reply itself. Maybe I am seeing them because users aren't quoting what they are replying to?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
For me it gets rid of the quoted portion of the reply but not the reply itself. Maybe I am seeing them because users aren't quoting what they are replying to?

I think you're right though. The reply is missing, but the posts are still there, but that's fine. You still don't see what they wrote.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think you're right though. The reply is missing, but the posts are still there, but that's fine. You still don't see what they wrote.

Just seeing 3 out of 4 every comments being replies to utter f***ing nonsense (I know it is even though I can't see it) by an attention whore is enough to drive me crazy.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'd rather be "anti-Hakstol" than "full of ****" like you clearly are.

Serious question: Why can't you handle a difference of opinion without turning it into a personal attack? Bad character flaw. Not everyone who sees something differently than you do is an idiot. You've been wrong plenty of times.

Reactions: joez86

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Serious question: Why can't you handle a difference of opinion without turning it into a personal attack? Bad character flaw. Not everyone who sees something differently than you do is an idiot. You've been wrong plenty of times.
Because he's a internet chicken shit that thinks he's right but never played the game. He's that neighbor that you would go over and slap in front of his wife every day.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

Out of morbid curiosity, how many pages does this thread show up as if it's blocking all the posts and replies? I'm seeing 42 pages unblocked.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad