PGT: Finland eliminates Canada 2-1 (OT) Part II

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Not in mine. Dishonesty is dishonesty. I used to get flak all the time from my fellow Canuck fans when I called out the antics of Burr, Kes, Lou Lappy (ugh). Makes the rest of the team look like punks. Also it's contagious; even the Sedins started diving after awhile...
Never heard of white lies?

Cinderblox

Hug it out everyone!
Jan 4, 2016
Lahti
Vs. Who?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546490265768.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546490265768.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 197

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Canada didn't deserve to win - easy as that.

I continue to be impressed by the leaps the US Program has been making year over year. They have been developing a lot more talent as of late and will continue to pace Canada. If they keep it up we may have a new world super power in hockey..

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Only was able to catch first period. Just watched highlights and "unbiased" ferraro and miller were basically crying.

Reactions: Fearnot

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Finland played better hockey, sucks for DiPietro though because he played a hell of a game and deserved the win. And please get a real coach for next year, no more washed up dinosaurs. Big step down from Ducharme this year and it showed.
Absolutely.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I agree that usually that's the case but today was just an off-day for Kakko. He wasn't horrible by being liabilty on the ice with turnovers etc but at the same time he couldn't really show anything in the offensive zone. It also looked Canadians didn't give Kakko any extra space and they played hard against him.

People in NA just expect Kakko to show something if they hear talk about him challenging Hughes for 1st overall.
To be fair, it's easier to be invisble when you get less than 15 mins per match of playing time. Even today with overtime, 15.18.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Canada didn't deserve to win - easy as that.

I continue to be impressed by the leaps the US Program has been making year over year. They have been developing a lot more talent as of late and will continue to pace Canada. If they keep it up we may have a new world super power in hockey..
Fair enough but they also have more than 325 million to chose from, albeit they’re not all hockey players of course.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Heads up, guys. It's your sport, and always will be, no matter what happens on the ice.

Hockey is Canada. Canada is hockey.

Reactions: Pouliot

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Only was able to catch first period. Just watched highlights and "unbiased" ferraro and miller were basically crying.

Who has said they are unbiased? They are Canadians, commentating a Canada game, in Canada, on a Canadian network. Am I going to complain if a Finnish broadcast is over the moon about the win? No because that seems pretty stupid.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It's about consistency and they haven't been. This is the first decade where they have not medaled more than they have won gold. What is this, the fourth non-medal year in seven tournaments?

No its about Canadian fans were spoiled for years winning tons of Golds and have a hard time accepting other countries are very good at hockey now too.They were 1 bounce away from getting to semis.They score were not having this convo I bet.Sweden lost to Swiss .It happens.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
As a Canadian viewer who has largely turned off the WJC's in recent years, just generally bored of the TSN media hype machine and celebrity building that goes on with the WJC every Christmas season. Every year before the tournament you see them basically assigning the requisite folk hero spots like they're looking for the next Marc Denis, Manny Legace, Jonathan Toews, Jordan Eberle. Feels extremely manufactured. The road to the gold medal is also extremely formulaic. Steamroll a sacrificial lamb, tune up, scare in the quarter finals, turning point in the semis, gold, etc. (well not every year). Every iteration it feels a little more forced.

The Hockey Canada branding is also something that irks me. Never understood why we started with the black in the colour scheme and then started putting a little gold on everything. A bit presumptuous and arrogant.

Seriously, lose the Hollywood production.
Amen brother, amen

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I agree that usually that's the case but today was just an off-day for Kakko. He wasn't horrible by being liabilty on the ice with turnovers etc but at the same time he couldn't really show anything in the offensive zone. It also looked Canadians didn't give Kakko any extra space and they played hard against him.

People in NA just expect Kakko to show something if they hear talk about him challenging Hughes for 1st overall.

If Kakko's center Lundell is invisible, sometimes Kakko is too, partly because of Lundell. They have played well together this tournament but would've been interesting to see Kakko with a different centerman for some games or Kakko as the center himself.

I love that they don't really leak to the defensive end when they have these invisible moments. I don't expect anything more in a U20 tournament from Lundell who is even younger than Kakko. I think Lundell's ice time is justified but in some games Kakko could play in 2 different lines in the 3rd periods if the game is close, so I don't fully agree with the average TOI Kakko has been getting so far. I think we could get more out of him with increased minutes, meaning more scoring, which we (Finland) lack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad