GDT: Finland - Czech Republic

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Yea yet he is a hockey hero in Finland. He shouln't play in this tournament based on his hockey skills, but I guess he is a leader etc

He was great differential pick few years ago and scored important goals but now he is just 4th line grinder that may get occasional assist by coincidence. A cult player and extremely popular among fans though.

Reactions: FinPanda

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
3 - 0 Rajala. The pass of Seppälä was really nice. Rajala had only to stall his stick.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He was great differential pick few years ago and scored important goals but now he is just 4th line grinder that may get occasional assist by coincidence. A cult player and extremely popular among fans though.
Dunno why he's so popular, really. Guy's play style is really boring and he doesn't even have the "fire" in his game that grinders usually do. He has to be the most vanilla player on team Finland.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Scotka has been on the ice for all three goals against :laugh:

Dunno why he's so popular, really. Guy's play style is really boring and he doesn't even have the "fire" in his game that grinders usually do. He has to be the most vanilla player on team Finland.
Because he scored massive goals and Finns always remember the national team heroes

Reactions: Czechboy

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Right place at the right time, scored few big goals in the champ run.

Really all that there is, but Karjala-lippikset eat that shit and ask for seconds.

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Czechs are actually not playing bad. I would say they were even better the second period. Hopefully they can still make it interesting in the third period.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
During one of the breaks the DJ played some Czech song, it had the lyrics "hup hup" or something like that and that is when everyone was supposed to jump. What was that?

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Right place in the right time, scored few big goals in the champ run.

Really all that there is, but Karjala-lippikset eat that shit and ask for seconds.
Average Finnish hockey fan don't care about the skills of the players. Only the players with big goals will be remembered. Mörkö will always be remembered as a hero who was a major reason our hockey team won gold in 2019.

Reactions: Shocker

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are actually not playing bad. I would say they were even better the second period. Hopefully they can still make it interesting in the third period.
A few goals would be nice... especially for Hronek, Vrana and Hertl... Get their confidence going a bit.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
If we continue to play like this, we are going to get only silver medal in this tournament, heartbreaking...

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
They were bad in the first, but 2nd period was different.

I think they caught finns with their pants down with the intensity they brought at the start of the 2nd, took a while for the finns to get back to their game.

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
What is the bracket?

FIN-SVK winner plays SWE-CAN or GER-CZE in the semis?

And so that I know the bracket for Switzerland too.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I had forgotten Armia used to be quite the dangler
He is still even nowadays. Unfortunately it happens only once or twice in a season. He’s such a weird player. He should have some really nice offensive skills, but you see him use them very rarely. But when you see it happen, it really wows you!

DeeQ

Apr 1, 2017
Average Finnish hockey fan don't care about the skills of the players. Only the players with big goals will be remembered. Mörkö will always be remembered as a hero who was a major reason our hockey team won gold in 2019.
This is true. I also partly blame Mertaranta. One big goal + mertarantas memeable oneliner = national hero forever

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
During one of the breaks the DJ played some Czech song, it had the lyrics "hup hup" or something like that and that is when everyone was supposed to jump. What was that?
You mean the awkward shout Who doesn't jump isn't Czech? It's a shame.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This is true. I also partly blame Mertaranta. One big goal + mertarantas memeable oneliner = national hero forever
Yeah Mertaranta is big part of the legacy for a lot of players. You just remember the calls. I still remember 2011 GMG Mertaranta lines if I was watching the game.

Reactions: DeeQ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad