Rumor: Filppula rejects trade to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
The fact so many Leafs fan waste their time explaining that Filpulla is an inferior player to Kadri and Bozak strongly hints at the fact Filpulla is, indeed, the better player.

Does that stupid logic also work the other way?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think the idea would be that you could make that lateral trade, because of your cap space, and then cash in on Bozak's trade value. So you wind up with basically the same team, but more assets.

bingo plus I know Val can play wing too so he could have plued on the other side of Matthews along with Nylander bumping Hyman down to where he should be which is the bottom 6

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The fact so many Leafs fan waste their time explaining that Filpulla is an inferior player to Kadri and Bozak strongly hints at the fact Filpulla is, indeed, the better player.

Here I am, just browsing through the different opinions and see this beautiful comment.

You just made my day.

:laugh:

New Leaf

Oct 16, 2008
Bozak and Filppula are pretty comparable, but Kadri is leagues ahead of him right now and is a half decade younger.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The Leafs were the best offer for Boyle and Filppula and they may be the best offer for Garrison by days end. The Leafs management likes the players the Lightning have been offering.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Because he's the Leafs current 2C. They don't have room for him unless they bump someone and Kadri's 2C job is what Flip would be trying to steal... Leafs fans are almost unanimous in liking Kadri over Flip and I think if you tried to look at the situation as a whole, objectively, you'd see why. He's a younger, better player.

Here's another potential scenario- the Leafs were only taking his contract if there was a sweetener coming along with it.

Kadri is the much better player - its not even debatable

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
You sign the guy to a deal and say "Give us a list of teams you don't want to play for" and then down the road be like "Oh. Hey, so. Will you go play for one of those teams you didn't want to play for when we gave you the option to not do so?"

Not an unreasonable move if no team on his list wants him. Plus, situations with teams change. If he didn't include a team on his list because they were a mediocre team but a couple of years later they are legit contenders that might change his attitude toward joining them. Doesn't hurt to ask and he isn't forced to do anything except give an answer.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Leafs dodged a bullet there..soft euro is not what they need for playoff push.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Leafs dodged a bullet there..soft euro is not what they need for playoff push.

If you think Flip is just some soft euro, then your head needs a shake or two. On your current Leafs' lineup he'll probably compete for the best two-way guy, and would give your team a great depth and experience, players like Flip are exactly what you need for the playoffs.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Not going to crap on the player, he could have made our team better and our C depth would have been insane. I also believe he probably would have been shifted to wing unless Bozak was traded, then if a C gets injured we are not devastated, unless of course it's Austin.

Still I am a bit surprised by this, adding Boyle was one thing, a guy I hope we extend. I do not want to see too many young guys get shoved aside, but he would have brought a lot to the dressing room just as Boyle will.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Just saw this thread. So it was TML that wanted Flipulla?

I can see why he would reject that trade, he left Babock once already. Filpulla does not like Babcock what-so-ever. That's why he left Detroit to begin with. Detroit offered him more money than Tampa, and he took less money to leave Babcock.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Where would he even slot into the lineup though? Not needed at centre, and have a hard time seeing him take a top 9 winger slot - maybe Komarovs but that line is a shutdown one.

Filp is better than Bozak

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Marginally, and Bozak is cheaper and easier to move.

Yup if we could have gotten Filp on the cheap due to Stevie Y wanting to move money then sent Bozie elsewhere for gain (either defense or futures) thats atleast roster neutral (benefit IMO) and organizational gain

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Yup if we could have gotten Filp on the cheap due to Stevie Y wanting to move money then sent Bozie elsewhere for gain (either defense or futures) thats atleast roster neutral (benefit IMO) and organizational gain

Not 'on the cheap' ... If the Bolts added a nice sweetner then yes, but otherwise no.

A 2-3 C is literally at the very bottom of the needs list for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad