Rumor: Filppula rejects trade to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Take one for the team Val.

Kind of a dirtbag move to ask him to do so, IMO, but do it anyway.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
How is it a dirtbag move?

You sign the guy to a deal and say "Give us a list of teams you don't want to play for" and then down the road be like "Oh. Hey, so. Will you go play for one of those teams you didn't want to play for when we gave you the option to not do so?"

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Take one for the team Val.

Kind of a dirtbag move to ask him to do so, IMO, but do it anyway.

Neh its not that bad since they most likely will not be in the playoffs this season.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
The Canes have shown they are willing to take money on(plenty of space) in exchange for a decent asset. We are looking for top 6 help, and getting another Finn in there for Aho probably wouldn't hurt. Just sayin'.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
He was asked for a list of teams he didn't want to be traded to and then the team knowingly negotiated a deal with one of those thirteen teams.

He can still say no but it's still a dirtbagish move.

I wouldn't go that far. Another team may have just called and said "Hey, we'll give you x for Flip" and TB liked the offer.

Not saying it didn't happen, but it doesn't mean that they absolutely went looking for teams on his list and negotiated.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
The Canes have shown they are willing to take money on(plenty of space) in exchange for a decent asset. We are looking for top 6 help, and getting another Finn in there for Aho probably wouldn't hurt. Just sayin'.

I think it's much more likely for TB to retain salary and deal him for a pick than it is for TB to package a value asset with him.

Flip @ $2.5M this year and next is a really nice pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad