Rumor: Filppula rejects trade to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Wait why the hell would anyone compare Kadri to Filppula?

Because he's the Leafs current 2C. They don't have room for him unless they bump someone and Kadri's 2C job is what Flip would be trying to steal... Leafs fans are almost unanimous in liking Kadri over Flip and I think if you tried to look at the situation as a whole, objectively, you'd see why. He's a younger, better player.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
First of all I don't believe this rumor. Lou who talks to Mike several times a day would never screw his coach over like that. Not to mention it turns into a deal that he HAS to make another deal and GM's don't do that

Second of all, let me make it clear. I don't usually read your posts because you allow your dislike of players affect your hockey knowledge

This time I will call you out on this and hopefully you will study a little bit more next time

Goals

Filppula 152 goals in 775 games
Bozak 121 goals in 493 games

Decisive edge to Bozak

Assists

Filppula 270 in 775 games
Bozak 185 in 493 games

Pretty even here

Face off percentage

This season
Filppula - 46.1%
Bozak - 55.9%

Bozak routs again

Overall

Filppula - 51.4%
Bozak - 53.4%

Salary

Filppula - 5 Million
Bozak - 4.2 Million

Filppula 32
Bozak 30

Do you think Babcock who I may add is the highest paid coach in the history of the NHL thinks "he is absolutely better than Bozak no question about it"

Time to grow up, Bozak is a much better player

I have been watching Bozak for years, no he is not, Bozak has never hit 50 points once in his NHL career

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I definitely think that could be a factor. Laich has gone down and been a good soldier while asking to be moved somewhere for a chance at NHL spot. They haven't accommodated him for whatever reason and I really don't agree with that.

Not sure why the Leafs would be in on Flip? He's getting up there in years and Kadri is just a better player at this point in time. The Leafs finally have 4 NHL centres slotted appropriately in roles matching their abilities - why on earth would they want more. Centre is the only position the Leafs have zero need for after getting Boyle.

Leafs need gritty RH defensive d man to play top 4 and a top 6 LW, preferably with grit. Unless you're offering 1 of the 2, the Leafs attention should be elsewhere.

Flip was probably a salary dump but the leafs were looking for a semi useful player instead of the usual.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Coburn says TB hasn't spoken to him about his NTC. Garrison the likely target to be dealt if TB is looking to shed $$$ beyond Filppula.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Coburn says TB hasn't spoken to him about his NTC. Garrison the likely target to be dealt if TB is looking to shed $$$ beyond Filppula.

Garrison would make way more sense than Coburn anyway.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Because he's the Leafs current 2C. They don't have room for him unless they bump someone and Kadri's 2C job is what Flip would be trying to steal... Leafs fans are almost unanimous in liking Kadri over Flip and I think if you tried to look at the situation as a whole, objectively, you'd see why. He's a younger, better player.

Dude, Bozak is our #2 C.

Don't want Flip on our team, especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As a Red Wings fan, it's probably Babcock. Flip was always alleged to not like him.

Alleged is the key word. Flip also wanted to get out from behind Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

I could see him not loving Babcock though. Babs always thought he could be more productive than he was, which has been pretty much the prevailing opinion of Flip his whole career. He's solid but has the skillset to be better, yet never quite gets there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Tampa retained some salary I wouldn't mind him as a 3C on the Bruins.

My feeling is our asking price is probably a late pick (5th, 6th?) but if we're retaining, that goes up. Can't see us retaining a whole lot. 20-25% maybe.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
My feeling is our asking price is probably a late pick (5th, 6th?) but if we're retaining, that goes up. Can't see us retaining a whole lot. 20-25% maybe.

20% puts him at 4m a year, which is probably right where his production is value-wise.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

No, Flip would be after your 3C slot and there is no real comparison between the two players, I don't know why anyone would say they're equal, there is a massive gap between the two.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
No, Flip would be after your 3C slot and there is no real comparison between the two players, I don't know why anyone would say they're equal, there is a massive gap between the two.

Kadri and Flip? ... you're serious? In 2017?

Bozak? Yes. Kadri? No.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This really needs its own thread, to get it away from the Leaf/Bolt squabbling. Filppula is likely to be traded, and the Leafs are the one team we know he's not going to.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Guy on MTL radio just speculated Filppula to MTL. He said MTL had something else coming "soon."

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Someone on TSN radio in MTL just said "Stevie Yzerman is open for business"

It'd be nice if someone could start a different thread.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Guy on MTL radio just speculated Filppula to MTL. He said MTL had something else coming "soon."

MTL loading up, and they should. Had a few bumps but still in 1st place, so some tweaks can go a long way.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I have been watching Bozak for years, no he is not, Bozak has never hit 50 points once in his NHL career

Technically, but I think we can call 49 twice pretty close. :laugh:

It's not that Filppula is a bad player or anything...it's just replacing Bozak with him is a lateral trade at best.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Technically, but I think we can call 49 twice pretty close. :laugh:

It's not that Filppula is a bad player or anything...it's just replacing Bozak with him is a lateral trade at best.

I think the idea would be that you could make that lateral trade, because of your cap space, and then cash in on Bozak's trade value. So you wind up with basically the same team, but more assets.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I think the idea would be that you could make that lateral trade, because of your cap space, and then cash in on Bozak's trade value. So you wind up with basically the same team, but more assets.

Fair enough.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The fact so many Leafs fan waste their time explaining that Filpulla is an inferior player to Kadri and Bozak strongly hints at the fact Filpulla is, indeed, the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna