Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If Andersson and Chytil are going to get their 9 and 7 games, respectively, then Andersson's 1st game should be 2 weeks from now @ Philly. Chytil's 1st game should be on the 26th, at home against the Caps.
Yes, that`s the plan - Gorton mentioned it too earlier.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
The Athletic is well worth the money as far as I am concerned. Carp has already provided more insight and information in the past few weeks than the print beat writers have done all season. If you don't want to pay for good to great content, don't complain about it.

There's nothing wrong with "paying for good to great content", if you want to indulge then have a blast. The problem is that when it gets regularly incorporated into discussions that only a select few people have access to said content.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Athletic is well worth the money as far as I am concerned. Carp has already provided more insight and information in the past few weeks than the print beat writers have done all season. If you don't want to pay for good to great content, don't complain about it.

If you were to rank the 4 major sports as far coverage for The Athletic,their best coverage is the NHL. They do a good job covering the NHL. Their MLB coverage is getting better. NFL and NBA is not so good.

They offer special promotions all of the time. I paid $30 for the annual subscription last August. $2.50 per month. 83 cents per day. A slice of pizza costs $2.75-$3 in Manhattan.

Carp has done a good job covering the Rangers coverage.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
There's nothing wrong with "paying for good to great content", if you want to indulge then have a blast. The problem is that when it gets regularly incorporated into discussions that only a select few people have access to said content.
I don't see the problem

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Everyone can access the content. It's not a private link, or such as an unlisted video on YouTube.

The difference is that you have to pay for it. It's okay if you don't want to, but @RangerBoy was nice enough to quote some important pieces in the article. I personally would not quote from them. I would rather someone pay for the same article I did to read it. There is a reason it is a paid service. No ads, no popups, and also no media entity (ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet, Comcast, etc) backing it.

I'm also positive people can log into the same account. I've been on the site on my phone (app) and computer at the same time. I'm sure there is someone who would pay $20 for a year and share the account. I've been more than pleased with their articles.

The NHL and MLB coverage is fantastic. With the effort that was put into the MLB this offseason, I would not be surprised if they do the same for the NBA and NFL over the summer.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Vorobiev was like a few prospects during that time that burst onto the scene and faded away (Daniel Goneau is another). Didn't Messier have a problem with Vorobiev?

I used to love watching VV with a puck on his stick. Very skilled but wasn't enough on the puck - or putting it the other way - he wasn't working hard enough away from the pack to get it back.

I'm getting older but wasn't there another Russian prospect about a year or two after Vorobiev, can't remember his name now. Pretty similar - he burst onto the scene with a couple of good games and then faded away.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
If you were to rank the 4 major sports as far coverage for The Athletic,their best coverage is the NHL. They do a good job covering the NHL. Their MLB coverage is getting better. NFL and NBA is not so good.

They offer special promotions all of the time. I paid $30 for the annual subscription last August. $2.50 per month. 83 cents per day. A slice of pizza costs $2.75-$3 in Manhattan.

Carp seems to get into it a lot with fans on Twitter. Seen him going back and forth recently.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC

But what was relevant for this discussion was there in plain text that RB quoted so anyone wanting to participate in the discussion could. If you wanted to read the whole article, pay up.

The merits of actually providing a quote from an article behind a paywall is a different story. I believe snippets of info quoted is actually a benefit to the content provider as it may entice more subscriptions.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Carp seems to get into it a lot with fans on Twitter. Seen him going back and forth recently.
That's the Carp signature

If your ideals don't line up with his, he gets real petty and scoffs at you

It's actually quite funny. I'm sure the Athletic did their research on him, so they're aware of his habits, but man is he a lazy hire on their end

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC

It's actually quite funny. I'm sure the Athletic did their research on him, so they're aware of his habits, but man is he a lazy hire on their end

Who should they have hired? He has more connections than any beat writer not named Brooks, and so far he has produced more interesting content that anyone else covering the NYR this year. Doesn't seem lazy to me...

Reactions: ecemleafs

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Who should they have hired? He has more connections than any beat writer not named Brooks, and so far he has produced more interesting content that anyone else covering the NYR this year. Doesn't seem lazy to me...
Not hard to produce better content than the stiffs the NY media has covering the Rangers

Some of his stuff has been fine I won’t deny. I don’t like him overall though

I would have rather gotten someone with a fresh voice than the same old with Carp.

The Athletic bringing on Shayna to do Rangers pieces is more in line with what I would have liked, so I give them credit for at least doing that

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Not hard to produce better content than the stiffs the NY media has covering the Rangers

Some of his stuff has been fine I won’t deny. I don’t like him overall though

I would have rather gotten someone with a fresh voice than the same old with Carp.

The Athletic bringing on Shayna to do Rangers pieces is more in line with what I would have liked, so I give them credit for at least doing that

Gotcha

But I also think they in bringing them both on, are providing two different viewpoints to the same team. Shayna is the new age analytical writer, while Carp is the old school grump.

From my perspective, it works.

Back on topic. Can't wait for the dynamic duo to make their debut later this season

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Yes, I have seen. I haven't bantered with him really, however we did discuss Sean Day. His insight was riveting.

I told him not to count Day out.
He told me don't hold my breath.

I like Carp though. In a day an age where the beat has pretty much disappeared, and replaced by bloggers Carp is still in it. He's also interactive with the fans. Not all of them have that attribute.

Reactions: lucky13

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
FWIW I followed Carp's lohud blog and enjoyed his reporting until he got canned. Definitely had a bit of an abrasive personality, but his crafty way of using "colorful" words was entertaining.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Carp is a big personality, no doubt. I always liked him. If I recall, advanced stats guys and him don’t really get along.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Yeah, I'll definitely second/third this. Well worth the couple bucks/month. I paid a little more but got a T-Shirt out of the deal too.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
As much as I want to see him and Andersson playing for us we don't need any more reinforcements to help us win meaningless games. Neither are ready for a full time NHL spot anyway. Chytil needs to find some consistency and Andersson needs more experience

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
As much as I want to see him and Andersson playing for us we don't need any more reinforcements to help us win meaningless games. Neither are ready for a full time NHL spot anyway. Chytil needs to find some consistency and Andersson needs more experience
They wouldn't come up to help us win games really, more to get a feel for where they are at this level. Some guys don't need to outright dominate the Ahl before being ready - look at Kreider's numbers down there for example.

I think it'd be good to get them up here for a few games and see where they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad