Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Fewer points. And I am sure the comparison is about style, not production

Vorobiev was fewer skilled and fewer fast, so that's fewer of a solid comparison than I am comfortable with.

At least I know SBOB is old enough to have watched VV, something which I doubt it true of 99% of the board, more or fewer.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If Chytil puts all the pieces together, he definitely has top line potential and a chance to be a dangerous player.

He's also going to be a big (bigger) guy as he matures. Which makes his skill set even more impressive.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
“Like Jeff said, they are a nice package to have,” Rangers assistant GM Chris Drury, who is also Hartford’s GM, said. “We had the Chytil pick already, but to go and get the seventh overall pick, and add two guys who are natural centers that can do a lot of different things offensively and defensively, who are hungry, are young, still evolving their games – but still have always played at the highest level and in the biggest situations — they’re two nice pieces to have for what we’re about to do over the next phase of the organization.

“They’re important pieces. They’re first-round picks and every team wants their first-round picks to have an impact on the organization. But again, I don’t think it should be a pressure-packed situation for either of them. They’re both terrific players who understand a lot of things, on and off the ice, about the game, and are going to continue to evolve at their pace. We’re going to keep feeding them as much as we can at the American League level and try to help them get better and better each and every step of the way.”

The thing is, both seem to have special, albeit very different, skill sets. Chytil is taller (6-2, 202), faster, rangier, and more skilled offensively. Andersson (6-0, 204) is thicker, stronger on the puck, smarter without it, and a natural two-way player who has that coveted “compete level.”

An NHL scout raved, “They’re legit.”

Off-Broadway preview: Top picks Andersson and Chytil hone...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Vorobiev was fewer skilled and fewer fast, so that's fewer of a solid comparison than I am comfortable with.

At least I know SBOB is old enough to have watched VV, something which I doubt it true of 99% of the board, more or fewer.

Vorobiev was like a few prospects during that time that burst onto the scene and faded away (Daniel Goneau is another). Didn't Messier have a problem with Vorobiev?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Don't remember Messier having an issue with Vorobiev. But he loathes Marc Savard, if I recall correctly.

Marc Savard rubbed A LOT of people the wrong way - teammates, coaches, etc.

Truth be told, for as talented as he was, and I LOVED his talent going back to his OHL days, his maturity really didn't start to catch up with the rest of the package until he reached at Atlanta.

The sad part is that I think he'd finally found a home in Boston when his career was cut short.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I appreciate the insight, but wish people would stop linking these paywalled articles

The Athletic is well worth the money as far as I am concerned. Carp has already provided more insight and information in the past few weeks than the print beat writers have done all season. If you don't want to pay for good to great content, don't complain about it.

Reactions: mrjimmyg89

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The Athletic is well worth the money as far as I am concerned. Carp has already provided more insight and information in the past few weeks than the print beat writers have done all season. If you don't want to pay for good to great content, don't complain about it.
They had a good promo when they started the NY branch. 40 bucks for the year. Well worth it so far.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can we really tell anything by watching a clip of practice?
No not really lol but hey we all as Ranger fans see something in this kid. We need to have hope in the future and he seems to be one with the highest ceiling right now. Just nice to have something to look forward to prospect wise.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If Andersson and Chytil are going to get their 9 and 7 games, respectively, then Andersson's 1st game should be 2 weeks from now @ Philly. Chytil's 1st game should be on the 26th, at home against the Caps.

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad