OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Argentine 1 - 1 iceland at half. All argentina except score.

Which stores in montreal carry those country car flags?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Lionel tried but his train fell off the tracks. That missed penalty was on his mind all game. Had he scored, the outcome could have been similar to yesterday's game.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
VAR is totally useless, that was clearly a dive, he moved his leg back on purpose and hooked it around the Danish player's foot. Similar to hockey when they grab the opposing player's stick and squeezes it in the armpit, falls and pretends to be hooked. Come on Denmark!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Lionel chokes CR7 shines, it's just the way of the world.

That was his first free kick goal in any WC and EC. He's a great player but he's not even close to Messi and he's the only player I have ever seen who sometimes doesn't cheer when a team mate scores, it's always about him.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
That was his first free kick goal in any WC and EC. He's a great player but he's not even close to Messi and he's the only player I have ever seen who sometimes doesn't cheer when a team mate scores, it's always about him.
hmm :huh:

Ballon d'Or wins:

Ir48rrt.png

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
That was close for Denmark, Peru was the better team but they tried too much fancy shots like volleys etc.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I have always thought Messi was the better player, but I also believed Ronaldo would age better because the way he's built compared to Messi.

In summary, I take Messi if we compared both players at their best but as these guys progress into their mid 30s, Ronaldo will probably be more able to keep playing at a higher level.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
hmm :huh:

Ballon d'Or wins:

Ir48rrt.png

Maradona will always be the best player ever for me and regardless of the Ballon d'Or wins I don't think any football journalist of caliber thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi. I mean Zlatan has been nominated for it several times. Ronaldo is probably the best pure goal scorer but otherwise it is Messi.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Maradona will always be the best player ever for me and regardless of the Ballon d'Or wins I don't think any football journalist of caliber thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi. I mean Zlatan has been nominated for it several times. Ronaldo is probably the best pure goal scorer but otherwise it is Messi.
sure, but saying Ronaldo is "not even close" to Messi is ridiculous, IMO. two best players of their generation, like Ovechkin and Crosby. :D

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
For me Zidane is up there as one of the best ever. Just the way he can control the game is probably unmatched.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Messi/Argentina cost me money today.

I had France, Argentina, Denmark and Croatia to win. Still won some but could have been more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad