OT: FIFA World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
That was his first free kick goal in any WC and EC. He's a great player but he's not even close to Messi and he's the only player I have ever seen who sometimes doesn't cheer when a team mate scores, it's always about him.
Lol, hey man my belief is that Messi is the GOAT. Yes, I take him above Maradonna, Pele, Di Stefano, Cruyff, etc. quite easily. I was only remarking on a very obvious trend in recent years, Ronaldo gets it done while Messi seems to struggle (heck, he even quit the NT after losing the final in 2014 briefly). It's like they changed positions from about 5 years ago when Messi was winning all the time. I used to be a big Ronaldo hater (Since he is a douche in real life) but I can't deny the man's greatness anymore, he won me over after putting France away on their home turf 2 years ago.

Also, Ronaldo might be #2 all-time. Both of their stats are the fabric of dreams, just surreal domination.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
If Germany finishes 2nd and Brazil 1st in their groups, we will have Germany vs Brazil as 1st elimination game.

Well done Mexico!

Reactions: lo striver

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Both teams want to win. But a win probably puts you against Germany. Yikes!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Honestly the dramatics need to stop. They have to do something about it, it's so pathetic. I get it when players did it decades ago. Instant replay was not as developed, crappier camera angles, etc. So players could lay down pretending to have been shot.
Today though, man I would be embarrassed being caught flailing around screaming so loud my veins are about to pop for barely being touched.
It's so ridiculous.
The most annoying part is when they have to stop the play and slow down the game for this garbage.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's been a blast to watch the WC so far. I just wish I could see more of it than I'm able to.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lol, hey man my belief is that Messi is the GOAT. Yes, I take him above Maradonna, Pele, Di Stefano, Cruyff, etc. quite easily. I was only remarking on a very obvious trend in recent years, Ronaldo gets it done while Messi seems to struggle (heck, he even quit the NT after losing the final in 2014 briefly). It's like they changed positions from about 5 years ago when Messi was winning all the time. I used to be a big Ronaldo hater (Since he is a *****e in real life) but I can't deny the man's greatness anymore, he won me over after putting France away on their home turf 2 years ago.

Also, Ronaldo might be #2 all-time. Both of their stats are the fabric of dreams, just surreal domination.

I like that you can give Ronaldo his props even tho you dont have to like him, the narrative was ALLLL Messi from 2008-2013 and then in 2013 til now it has been Ronaldo's time of utter dominance, both have won Champions league 4 times each for their respective clubs since Ronaldo's joining of Real (tho Ronaldo won one with manchester to make the tally FIVE, ..and just won 3 straight...Barcelona never repeated)

the way i look at the whole thing is guys like crosby ovechkin mcdavid are all and basically have been chasing the legacies of Gretzky and Lemieux, the 2 greatest players the sport has ever seen

To me, Ronaldo and Messi ARE Gretzky and Lemieux, Soccer is very fortunate these 2 came around, its been a blast watching Legendary careers before our eyes

Reactions: PuckSeparator

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I like that you can give Ronaldo his props even tho you dont have to like him, the narrative was ALLLL Messi from 2008-2013 and then in 2013 til now it has been Ronaldo's time of utter dominance, both have won Champions league 4 times each for their respective clubs since Ronaldo's joining of Real (tho Ronaldo won one with manchester to make the tally FIVE, ..and just won 3 straight...Barcelona never repeated)

the way i look at the whole thing is guys like crosby ovechkin mcdavid are all and basically have been chasing the legacies of Gretzky and Lemieux, the 2 greatest players the sport has ever seen

To me, Ronaldo and Messi ARE Gretzky and Lemieux, Soccer is very fortunate these 2 came around, its been a blast watching Legendary careers before our eyes
Agreed, except that there's no Orr in football (Beckenbauer? Meh...). ;)

The whole Messi vs Ronaldo thing is fuelled by hordes of stupid fanboys throughout the world. I remember a time when Messi was seen as some kind of angel and Ronaldo was like the devil's son (obviously depending on who you ask) but at the end of the day, there's lots of stuff out there to paint a very unfavourable picture of either player (including some pretty serious tax evasion accusations for both). It's just a matter of accepting that they are not role models just supremely talented football players that happened to to appear at the same time in world history, and that's what sports is about at the end of the day: enjoying the most talented players make history.

Reactions: Redux91

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
two great games so far. Mexico Germany and Spain Portugal. What a treat this world cup has been so far, some high quality play and finish. Have they talked about the ball much this world cup? Seems like these guys are wizards with this ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->