Salary Cap: Faux News: Fehr and Balanced Off-Season Pens coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'd love to have Staal back, but that site is ****, and like servo says we don't have the assets.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Let me say this.. I ha 0.0% belief that we are after staal, but if Rutherford got him for scrap and cap dumps without screwing our cap up any further, Then he is obviously a evil old man with mind control powers and we should all beware....

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Any future Staal-involvement has to come with some sort of decent-sized retention on that nasty contract. Luckily it's a hilarious little pipe dream that isn't even worth thinking seriously about.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd love to have Staal back, but that site is ****, and like servo says we don't have the assets.

I wouldn't love to have him back. What the hell are we going to do with a 6MM 3rd line center when we have 2, possibly 3 other 3rd line centers? I know you just mean Staal the player, but I don't even know that I want that. It was time to move on when we did and now we finally got it right by using that cap space on an elite winger.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'd take Staal at 4.5M for Scuderi and Kunitz, then Dupuis for Boedker and Lovejoy for Despres because JR is clearly the devil. Devil JR's work.

Boedker - Crosby - Kessel
Perron - Malkin - Hornqvist
Plotnikov - Staal - Fehr
Sundqvist - Bonino - Bennett

Maatta - Letang
Pouliot - Despres
Dumoulin - Cole

Fleury

All the LTIR cups would be ours.

Staal's cost is prohibitive and if he isn't willing to be the 3C that's a problem, but these talks will continue until he retires. He'll be like Jagr part 2.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
What could we possibly offer Carolina besides two cap dumps and Bennett?

I can't even imagine. They would have to consider Staal to have negative value, which although he hasn't lived up to his deal, he still has value.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Unless he demands a trade back here, there's no way this is happening. You could make the cap work. But we simply don't have the assets anymore. I'm glad we spent them on Kessel.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Plotnikov - Malkin - Kessel
Fehr - Staal - Dupuis
Wilson - Bonino - Bennett

Who needs defense with that forward core!!!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd take Jordan Staal back if it was even plausible

Bonino kunitz scuderi Bennet murray

Staal and AHL no name players

And then all our bottom 6 depth is gone. Our bottom 6 goes from:

Sundqvist-Fehr-Dupuis
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett

to

Sundqvist-Staal-Dupuis
Wilson-Fehr-Rust

Good luck re-signing Perron and Plots. How about long term contracts to Maatta and Pouliot when the times comes?

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Coach MJ is such a hockey nerd.
He's just chillin' in Helsinki watching live KHL pre-season games for no apparent reason? lol
Perhaps to steal some ideas from training camps over there.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Sundqvist-Fehr-Dupuis
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett

to

Sundqvist-Staal-Dupuis
Wilson-Fehr-Rust

Good luck re-signing Perron and Plots. How about long term contracts to Maatta and Pouliot when the times comes?

I ll worry about that later.

And damn I love that bottom 6.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

Sundqvist-Fehr-Dupuis
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett

to

Sundqvist-Staal-Dupuis
Wilson-Fehr-Rust

Right, we could be fine this year, but we'd be hosed in the future. That Staal contract was not good, he has about as much vision as Sutter. He's a better player just because he's a good possession/board player, but he's not motivated to play defense like he was when he was 20 any more.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
A minor league goalie prospect and maybe one of the centers we just picked up

Would we even want to entertain a deal with Matt Murray going? I know he's not quite a blue-chip, but it's really nice having some potential behind Fleury.

If it was Jarry, then by all means.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

If Eric decides he's not staying, Jordan's probably taking his full nmc and leveraging it to walk out the door immediately. Can't imagine his list would be much longer than Pitt, TML and mayyyyybe NYR. The other two would not necessarily be interested. NYR, probably not.

If he pulls a Kesler, we do actually have the pieces to get that done. One of Bonino or Perron plus Bennett is an equivalently ****** package as Kesler got.

That said, I'll believe Jordan's out the door when Eric gets traded or someone I've heard of reports jordan demanded out and only then.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kunitz/Scuderi for Staal (retain half salary)

boom. done.

Why would Carolina want Kunitz or Scuds though?

As a cup dump for us, yeah, they would accept them... but where is the piece they actually want?

I think it would be more like Perron, Pouliot and Scuderi for Staal (%retained). And then we sign Franson.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If Eric decides he's not staying, Jordan's probably taking his full nmc and leveraging it to walk out the door immediately. Can't imagine his list would be much longer than Pitt, TML and mayyyyybe NYR. The other two would not necessarily be interested. NYR, probably not.

If he pulls a Kesler, we do actually have the pieces to get that done. One of Bonino or Perron plus Bennett is an equivalently ****** package as Kesler got.

That said, I'll believe Jordan's out the door when Eric gets traded or someone I've heard of reports jordan demanded out and only then.

Would you actually trade for Staal at 6MM? I wouldn't touch that contract unless the cap goes up substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad