Salary Cap: Faux News: Fehr and Balanced Off-Season Pens coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
Gordie = Penzweiser! :laugh:

Nope, I just like speculating and seeing what things would likely look like if we did trade for Staal. I don't think we'll do it and I'm not sure it's what would be the best for the team. I also wouldn't be surprised if the idea of bringing Staal back was to play LW.

I do like the idea of adding one more skilled big guy to the lineup with Sundqvist and Fehr, especially with Fehr being out for a while. I really wanted Chris Stewart for that reason.

Also I think Kunitz plays really well this year and I think that second power play unit will really vendor from having likely him and Bonino in it.

Kunitz-Bonino-Perron
Cole-Pouliot

I think that has a chance to be a lethal unit versing the other teams second PK unit.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If there's one thing I hate, its good hockey players.

They're the worst with their doing things well and helping the team.

I hope they can lock Perron up around $4.5M... and then get Boedker around the same; get Maatta for something reasonable. Then party like it's 2009.

Last edited:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah the common theme with him among Nucks and Ducks fans is that he can really take advantage of lesser matchups. If they roll 4 lines and 2 PP units, I don't see any reason why he can't get around 40 pts.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Yeah the common theme with him among Nucks and Ducks fans is that he can really take advantage of lesser matchups. If they roll 4 lines and 2 PP units, I don't see any reason why he can't get around 40 pts.

That's good to hear. Man I haven't been this excited for a hockey season since 1992 :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

and our 3rd line wings probably aren't far off from his 2nd line wings in Vancouver

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
I just can't wait for the season, period. Honestly we're fine without Staal, we have plenty of depth. Play the youth on D unless someone great (Hamhuis, Edler, Gio) could be had for super cheap, or we move Scuds and Ehrhoff will play for a low amount (3 or less).

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Part of me wants to see JR keep making moves. The guy's on fire.

Yeah, it's time to get Despres + 1st for Lovejoy.

For global marketability, Morehouse old buddy old pal, Boedker would be great. They'd have players from Canada (Quebecois and Anglos and a trick for Steigy), America, Sweden, Finland, Russia and Denmark. That almost makes up for the loss of Brunei!

There's also something to be said for quitting while you're ahead, a la not stopping at Bortuzzo for Cole.

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
I just can't wait for the season, period. Honestly we're fine without Staal, we have plenty of depth. Play the youth on D unless someone great (Hamhuis, Edler, Gio) could be had for super cheap, or we move Scuds and Ehrhoff will play for a low amount (3 or less).

I am pumped for the season to start! Our forward group is just awesome. Just a lot of good hockey players. We may not have exceptional size or speed, but we're fairly balanced. I don't think adding another bigger hockey player that hits would hurt. It would be exceptional of that player was a top 4D man.

I just am so pumped about power plays, the first unit should be exceptional and the second unit should pose a real threat:

Hornqvist
Crosby Kessel
Letang Malkin

and

Kunitz
Bonino Perron
Cole Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad