Fantasy Baseball Thread V

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ryan McMahon made the opening roster for the Rockies.

I suggest everyone pick him up if he remains available in your leagues, or a late round steal if you have yet to draft.

He’s utility only for Yahoo for now unless your league has a CI or IF spot.

I honestly don’t know how much he’ll play. I have liked him for awhile, though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Max innings league... W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV

Do I start Hamels vs. HOU and/or Happ vs. NYY? Both lineups are right handed heavy, and Globe Life and Rogers Centre are great hitters parks.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey was wondering if you guys/gals could help me with a pool I’m in? It’s a total home run pool consisting of picking 5 players. Only rule is the 5 players can only have a cumulative 2017 HR total of 125 or less.

Was looking for help on a few sleepers then go with 2-3 big names. Perhaps Rhys Hoskins or perhaps Devers.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Backtracking a bit here...

Just curious, who did you end up picking?

PolishPlayer

Mar 31, 2018
What are your opinions on keeping high priced keepers? I'm in a 12 team AL only 4x4 $260 cap league and have the option to keep Trout at $40. This is one of those yearly struggles for me. Without keeping Trout it looks like I will be going into the auction with 10 roster spots filled with $116 committed. In the past I've gone with a few high priced players and have been burned by injuries. I'm going into the season with an ok base in all categories.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What are your opinions on keeping high priced keepers? I'm in a 12 team AL only 4x4 $260 cap league and have the option to keep Trout at $40. This is one of those yearly struggles for me. Without keeping Trout it looks like I will be going into the auction with 10 roster spots filled with $116 committed. In the past I've gone with a few high priced players and have been burned by injuries. I'm going into the season with an ok base in all categories.

You have to keep Trout at "only" $40. Having Trout for about 15% of your budget is robbery.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yes, it's a no brainer to keep Trout at that price. My approach is generally to not worry about spending premiums for some marquee players, and where possible, make smart keeper decisions at key positions / take advantage of getting young players for cheaper.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Does someone mind sanity checking my auction values? My league is AL-only, 5x5 roto, $260 budget, 12-team auction league. Positions are 2 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 4 OF, 1 DH, 10 P, and 0 bench. This is obviously after all of our keepers have been put in. Draft is on Thursday. Thanks!

View media item 1769

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have too many position players and not enough pitching. I usually let these things sort themselves out over the first month or so but am interested in opinions on who's the most-droppable from the lower ends of my depth chart.

1B
Smoak
Bell

MI
C. Hernandez
J. Baez

OF
Braun
Calhoun

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have too many position players and not enough pitching. I usually let these things sort themselves out over the first month or so but am interested in opinions on who's the most-droppable from the lower ends of my depth chart.

1B
Smoak
Bell

MI
C. Hernandez
J. Baez

OF
Braun
Calhoun

I've never been a Baez fan. I think he might be 2B/SS/3B eligible, so that helps. But he's constantly hitting 7th, 8th or 9th in the order.

Calhoun is off to a slow start, but I wouldn't cut him just yet. The Angels need a left-handed bat in there, and they lowered the right field wall by 10 feet or so before the season.

Braun might be droppable. Once Yelich comes back, he'll be in a timeshare again between himself, Thames and Santana.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Does Dickerson play everyday? Worth a pick up? My bench atm: K. Seager/Mazara, McMahon, Andujar. I have Kinsler and Boegarts on DL

McMahon and Andujar could go. Dickerson might sit occasionally against a tough lefty (Sean Rodriguez), but yeah, he starts most days.

Pillar or Brantley ROS?

Brantley. Pillar hits too low in the order.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have Turner, Lamb, Andrus, Bumgarner and Pomeranz on the DL in a league (Pomeranz should be back within the next week, though). Is anyone else having bad injury luck so far?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Triggs vs CWS
Faria vs TEX
Boyd vs BAL

Which pitcher should I pick up and start for Wednesday?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Too early to jump off the Holland train? I can't imagine the Cardinals are going to give up on him as closer so soon, but it seems like it might take quite a while to ease him into the role, and I'm not sure getting hammered with negative points for an indefinite amount of time is worth the eventual payoff.

I'm in a league where you have to roster 5 RPs, and thought I might finally have managed to have some strength there. Have Vazquez, paid for Kimbrel in the re-draft, spent decently on Hand, snatched Strickland on the cheap, and aggressively bid on Holland, but seems like only the first three are working out.

Bleh, my fantasy teams are performing like the Pirates lately - abysmally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad