P- Claudio
P- Devenski

BN- H. Ramirez
BN- Richards
BN- Morton
BN- Odorizzi
BN- Chatwood
NA- Senzel

Pitchers flew off the board, so I reached a little for my first few starters. Once I realized that I wasn't going to get good pitchers, I decided to take Miller and Devenski. The Jones pick was a panic pick. I added Hanley once I stashed Senzel in Yahoo's pathetic version of a minors spot.

Thoughts? I think I did okay considering that I hardly ever do one year leagues anymore.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think it's solid all around. I don't like Weaver too much, but I could just be uninformed about him. I think the Cards pitcher to have is Flaherty, but he's in AAA to start. Some good upside for underrated pitchers - it's annoying when pitchers go really early, but I also have no real gauge for single year drafts.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Joined a league with a bunch of guys from HFlames. Here's my team (btw I took over a team and only made 7 picks)

C- Gary Sanchez
1B - Josh Bell
1B - Matt Olson
2B - Roughned Odor
2B - Starlin Castro
3B - Travis Shaw
SS - Corey Seager
SS - Andrelton Simmons

OF - Corey Dickerson
OF - Josh Reddick
OF - Michael Conforto
OF - Jay Bruce
OF - Trey Mancini
Util - Ryan McMahon

P - James Paxton
P - Jacob deGrom
P - Luis Severino
P - Alex Colome
P - Hector Neris
P - Jimmy Nelson
P - Jake Faria

Not very strong, as I traded away Freeman and Altuve for 4 players and some prospects in return

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Joined a league with a bunch of guys from HFlames. Here's my team (btw I took over a team and only made 7 picks)

C- Gary Sanchez
1B - Josh Bell
1B - Matt Olson
2B - Roughned Odor
2B - Starlin Castro
3B - Travis Shaw
SS - Corey Seager
SS - Andrelton Simmons

OF - Corey Dickerson
OF - Josh Reddick
OF - Michael Conforto
OF - Jay Bruce
OF - Trey Mancini
Util - Ryan McMahon

P - James Paxton
P - Jacob deGrom
P - Luis Severino
P - Alex Colome
P - Hector Neris
P - Jimmy Nelson
P - Jake Faria

Not very strong, as I traded away Freeman and Altuve for 4 players and some prospects in return

What does the rest of your team look like including the prospects?

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
IMG_0152.PNG
What does the rest of your team look like including the prospects?
My prospects are here

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Declaring my 5 keepers today... I have first overall pick in a non-snake draft. You lose the pick a round higher than the player was drafted the year before. Ie. if a player was drafted in the 4th round last year and you keep him then you lose your 3rd round pick this year. If the player was undrafted you lose your worst pick. So far I have:

Bellinger (undrafted last year)
Benintendi (lose 11th round pick)
Travis Shaw (undrafted last year)

I am also leaning heavily towards keeping Gerrit Cole but would be giving up a 5th round pick. He had a pretty meh year last year but is playing with Houston this year and has had a good spring. Keep or not?

I was also going to keep Greinke but he apparently has a groin issue and his velo is around 84-87 apparently for his fastball. He was an auto pick by me last year that I hated but worked out pretty well for me. I’d lose a 9th round pick for him. Keep or not?

Rest of my options, brackets will be the picks I lose if I keep the player:
Harper (1,2)
Syndergaard (1)
Freeman (2)
Strasburg (3)
Hamels (5)
Kemp (6)
Kinsler (6)
Longoria (7)
Porcello (7)
A. Sanchez (8)
Taillon (11)
Nova (16)
Giolito (UD)
E. Ramirez (UD)
Deshields (UD)
Z. Cozart (UD)
J. McCann (UD)

This was my lineup to end the year so I didn’t draft some of those players.

H2H
R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP
W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9, SV+H

I have to declare by midnight so i don’t really expect a response by then but just testing the waters here for help.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Declaring my 5 keepers today... I have first overall pick in a non-snake draft. You lose the pick a round higher than the player was drafted the year before. Ie. if a player was drafted in the 4th round last year and you keep him then you lose your 3rd round pick this year. If the player was undrafted you lose your worst pick. So far I have:

Bellinger (undrafted last year)
Benintendi (lose 11th round pick)
Travis Shaw (undrafted last year)

I am also leaning heavily towards keeping Gerrit Cole but would be giving up a 5th round pick. He had a pretty meh year last year but is playing with Houston this year and has had a good spring. Keep or not?

I was also going to keep Greinke but he apparently has a groin issue and his velo is around 84-87 apparently for his fastball. He was an auto pick by me last year that I hated but worked out pretty well for me. I’d lose a 9th round pick for him. Keep or not?

Rest of my options, brackets will be the picks I lose if I keep the player:
Harper (1,2)
Syndergaard (1)
Freeman (2)
Strasburg (3)
Hamels (5)
Kemp (6)
Kinsler (6)
Longoria (7)
Porcello (7)
A. Sanchez (8)
Taillon (11)
Nova (16)
Giolito (UD)
E. Ramirez (UD)
Deshields (UD)
Z. Cozart (UD)
J. McCann (UD)

This was my lineup to end the year so I didn’t draft some of those players.

H2H
R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP
W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9, SV+H

I have to declare by midnight so i don’t really expect a response by then but just testing the waters here for help.

Greinke and Strasburg

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
C- Yasmani Grandal, LAD
1B- Anthony Rizzo, CHC
2B- Brian Dozier, MIN
3B- Alex Bregman, HOU
SS- Xander Bogaerts, BOS
IF- Cody Bellinger, LAD
OF- Mookie Betts, BOS
OF- Justin Upton, LAA
OF- Starling Marte, PIT
OF- Nomar Mazara, TEX
Util- Michael Conforto, NYM
Util- Gregory Polanco, PIT
SP- Carlos Carrasco, CLE
SP- Jon Gray, COL
SP- Aaron Sanchez, TOR
RP- Felipe Rivero, PIT
RP- Archie Bradley, ARI
RP- Hector Neris, PHI
P- Will Harris, HOU
P- Kelvin Herrera, KC
P- Charlie Morton, HOU
P- Jordan Montgomery, NYY
BN- Jay Bruce, NYM
BN- David Peralta, ARI
BN- Ian Happ, CHC
BN- Ryon Healy, SEA
BN- Vince Velasquez, PHI
BN- Blake Snell, TB
BN- Luiz Gohara, ATL
BN- Jack Flaherty, STL
BN- Tyler Mahle, CIN

7x7 H2H dynasty (OBP, SLG, QS and HLD)

I need three cuts. Thanks!

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think I'd cut Healy, Mahle, and either Gohara or Peralta, probably the latter. Although Gohara is out until May probably, so maybe you can put him on IR?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm leaning Gohara, Flaherty and Harris. I'm not going to win holds with just one guy, Gohara is out at least until May, and Flaherty is going to start in the minors. I cannot send Gohara nor Flaherty down to my minors since they were free agent adds.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That makes sense - Harris is useful, but without any chance at holds, he's pretty replaceable otherwise.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Picked 6/10 this year, finally in a good league. Years back I was in one with the Facebook sports chat group and I won first year, but another guy in the group hated me and my opinions so he forced me out. Was a total joke. Now I'm in one with a guy I used to work with and his friends and they're huge baseball fans.

Gary Sanchez
Rougned Odor
Francisco Lindor
Eric Hosmer
Rafael Devers
Giancarlo Stanton
Justin Upton
Yoenis Cespedes
Ian Desmond
Javier Baez

Ozzie Albies
Adrian Beltre
Kyle Schwarber

Noah Syndergaard
Justin Verlander
Craig Kimbrel
Kyle Hendricks
Sonny Gray
Danny Salazar
Jameson Taillon

Desmond was a risky pick but I'm hoping last year was just the typical new team=production goes down scenario and he also got screwed by that ST injury. I picked up Schwarber during his half rookie year and he was a beast, now that he slimmed down I think his numbers will go back up. Contemplated going with another RP but Kimbrel is good enough.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think Albies will be a steal this year. I don't think you'll win saves with just one closer. I would never take a catcher that early unless it was a two catcher league, which this one isn't. It looks good, but I generally don't play in small leagues like this one.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think Albies will be a steal this year. I don't think you'll win saves with just one closer. I would never take a catcher that early unless it was a two catcher league, which this one isn't. It looks good, but I generally don't play in small leagues like this one.

Albies is my ROY pick.

I took Sanchez in the 4th round. He's far and away the best offensive catcher.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Albies is my ROY pick.

I took Sanchez in the 4th round. He's far and away the best offensive catcher.

I don't think Albies is eligible, but I get your point. I like him a lot as well. And I thought you took Sanchez in the third. The fourth is a little better, although I still would never do it in a single catcher league.

I'm guessing that you went Stanton-Lindor-Syndergaard-Sanchez-Verlander? It's just difficult for me to judge since I play in bigger leagues.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
First fantasy baseball league so take it easy, kind of went in blind on drafting.

C Brian McCann
1B Joey Votto
2B Jonathan Scoop
3B Anthony Rendon
SS Jean Segura
2B/SS Zack Cozart
1B/3B Anthony Rizzo
OF AJ Pollock
OF Adam Jones
OF Mitch Haniger
OF Max Kepler
OF Nick Markakis
UTL Jake Lamb

SP Corey Kluber
SP Yu Darvish
SP Chris Archer
SP Zack Godley
SP Julio Teheran
SP Mike Leake
RP Edwin Diaz
RP Brad Hand
RP Brad Treinen

BN Yangervis Solarte
BN Rougned Odor
BN Addison Russell
BN Maikel Franco
BN Kevin Pillar

Who should I drop/trade? I’ve also realized I should’ve drafted pitchers for the bench...that is a rookie mistake and I regret it now already.

Pitchers undrafted with most pts in our scoring system: J. Nelson, J. Chacin, J. Vargas, I. Nova, S. Manaea

All in that order

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Drafted a team over the weekend 10th pick:

C: Tucker Barnhart
1B: Edwin Encarnacion, Matt Olson, Matt Carpenter
2B: Brian Dozier
3B: Kris Bryant, Rafael Devers
SS: Corey Seager
OF: Starling Marte, AJ Pollock, Domingo Santana, Adam Eaton, Ronald Acuna, Willie Calhoun

SP: Max Scherzer, Carlos Martinez, Marcus Stroman, Gio Gonzalez, Jamison Taillon, Julio Teheran, Lance Lynn
RP: Brandon Morrow, Blake Treinen

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't think Albies is eligible, but I get your point. I like him a lot as well. And I thought you took Sanchez in the third. The fourth is a little better, although I still would never do it in a single catcher league.

I'm guessing that you went Stanton-Lindor-Syndergaard-Sanchez-Verlander? It's just difficult for me to judge since I play in bigger leagues.

My issue was Sanchez is miles ahead of any other catcher offensively, and I'd rather be safe than sorry in that regard. I think the next highest rated was Posey.

And yea, that was the order I went thru.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad