Fantasy Baseball Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I've been floating between 2nd-4th with the top 3 finishing in the money in my AL Only roto league. My team took a hit a few weeks back when J.D. Martinez was dealt to the NL. By our rules we stop accruing stats if a guy changes leagues. My offense was putrid to begin with, so losing Martinez hurt combined with Kipnis/Chisenhall hitting the DL.

But the other two guys I'm jockinging against lost Lucroy and Darvish, so at least that evened the playing field.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
losing Lucroy is addition by subtraction at this point.

I cut bait with him a few weeks ago. Of course, I picked up Avila so I'm now trying to get Molina

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Back in the playoff spot in Tootoo's league and I'm playing the man himself next week.

Rangerssharks - try and keep up in your league matey.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Just got offered Miggy (at 51 dollars, and probably 56 or more next year), Zimmer, Garza, Reed, and 7 auction dollars for Dickerson, Chapman, Betances, and Morton.

:facepalm:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Back in the playoff spot in Tootoo's league and I'm playing the man himself next week.

Hopefully the trend of lower scoring teams overall taking you down continues. :P

The last playoff spot is a bit muddy with Todd and Bill right there.

By the way Darko if you want to part with Didi/Cozart for help elsewell, lemme know. Either pm me here or email through yahoo.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just got offered Miggy (at 51 dollars, and probably 56 or more next year), Zimmer, Garza, Reed, and 7 auction dollars for Dickerson, Chapman, Betances, and Morton.

:facepalm:

I get bad offers like that all the time.

In one of my multi-sport leagues, someone wanted Giancarlo Stanton from me for Calvin Johnson... an hour after Johnson retired. :facepalm:

People think we're all stupid. Or, they hope you hit accept on accident.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully the trend of lower scoring teams overall taking you down continues. :P

The last playoff spot is a bit muddy with Todd and Bill right there.

By the way Darko if you want to part with Didi/Cozart for help elsewell, lemme know. Either pm me here or email through yahoo.

Don't need help my team is perfect. :sarcasm:

Cozart for Thames. Or even a pitcher.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
How aggressive are people going to go after Hoskins? I think I may put a high bid in for him. I'm still smarting after all these months of not getting Bellinger for $1.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
How aggressive are people going to go after Hoskins? I think I may put a high bid in for him. I'm still smarting after all these months of not getting Bellinger for $1.

Hoskins is gone in almost all of my leagues already, unfortunately. Then again, I play mostly dynasty leagues with minor league rosters.

He was raking in Triple-A, but I'm not sure how he'll do defensively in left. They love Tommy Joseph for some reason.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I am hoping that he just hits so well that the Phillies have no choice but to keep him in, whether he plays crappy defense or bumps Joseph part of the time or something. I have a $3 bid on him, and may need to increase it, but I think he still falls somewhere in the middle: since 1B is so deep, I doubt anyone will want to get him as an ultra-cheap keeper option (we only keep 10 max), so I am looking at him as more of a 2017 gamble.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I ended up getting Hoskins, but paid $6 to do so. I often end up with buyer's remorse when I spend over $5 in waivers on one player, but I got pretty zealous when I was seeing comparisons to Goldy and Encarnacion. If he hits for a high average and power, he could give me a nice boost at the end of the season, and maybe even be keepable, if he's a real success. The problem is that 1B is so deep that even if he's a solid player, it's probably not worth keeping him, especially at that price. Josh Bell has been pretty available on waivers this season, for example, although his power potential is seen as less than Hoskins.

One problem for me now is that Polanco is probably my weakest and most inconsistent player, and my only RF in a field of dedicated LF, CF, RF positions. I dropped Reddick to make room for Hoskins, but it's not entirely easy to make room for him in my lineup. Dickerson has cooled off some, but I think I still prefer him to Reddick, even if he doesn't have position flexibility (Reddick is eligible at all three), and I can't drop Braun, Marte, or Benintendi.

My current solution is proposing a trade of Marte straight up for Bumgarner. I don't expect it to fly, but Marte is very affordable next year, and his Bumgarner is on the block and will have a salary of 40, with him sitting below me in the standings.

In other Pirates news, I'd stash Glasnow if no one has him. He's tearing it up in AAA, and this time isn't walking guys at a big rate. I haven't seen reports on his stuff, but the velocity is supposedly back, and he's generally been very efficient. I'm really kicking myself for not picking him back up a week or two ago, as another team grabbed him for $1. He doesn't exactly have a spot on the Pirates at the moment, but I wouldn't be too shocked if somebody gets a phantom injury in another week or two if Glasnow keeps it up.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Marte for Bumgarner won't work, even if Marte is a bargain and Bumgarner is expensive.

$6 is probably too much for Hoskins in my opinion.

How much do you have Polanco for? If it's double digit dollars, I'd consider letting him walk.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
To start bundy or not tonight.... tight match up that has huge bearings on the last playoff spot. 5 games separate 6 (last playoff spot) and 9th. I'm 2.5gb and playing guy in 6th.

W - 3:1
L - 1:5
K - 31:44
ERA - 2.67:6.00
WHIP - 1.07:1.52
K/9 - 8.29:8.25
S+H - 0:1

Up 11-3 ATM but he has Kluber going tomorrow and Bridwell on the bench. Leaning towards starting Bundy just because the K/9 is so close

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
To start bundy or not tonight.... tight match up that has huge bearings on the last playoff spot. 5 games separate 6 (last playoff spot) and 9th. I'm 2.5gb and playing guy in 6th.

W - 3:1
L - 1:5
K - 31:44
ERA - 2.67:6.00
WHIP - 1.07:1.52
K/9 - 8.29:8.25
S+H - 0:1

Up 11-3 ATM but he has Kluber going tomorrow and Bridwell on the bench. Leaning towards starting Bundy just because the K/9 is so close

Even if you start Bundy, you aren't winning K/9 since your opponent has Kluber.

I honestly don't see the benefit of sitting him. You're going to win ERA and WHIP anyway. Wins may be close, so I'd start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad