The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm not too high on Zadina. I like Wahlstrom better.

If I was picking #3, I'd struggle a little between the two. I'm very high on Wahlstrom as well, but Zadina is pretty impressive also. I personally have Zadina ahead of Wahlstrom if I have to make a decision this instant, but I can see arguments for Wahlstrom.

Maybe not a popular opinion, but if I was picking #3, I'd trade down depending who is drafting #6-8 and who may have a late 1st or early 2nd.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
An uneventful tank night last night. Teams we needed to win did not (though CHI got a loser point so that moves them 5 points up on us), so on to tonight. Goes without saying we need a regulation loss against Florida.

Other matches of note:

BUF beat NSH
ARI beat CAL in OT/SO
LAK beat MIN

First couple are ideal. Coupled with our loss, ARI will be 5 points behind us and BUF 4 points behind us, both of which will have a game in hand. We got a 4-point game against BUF on Friday, so their win and our loss tonight will go a long way towards that.

LA needs to keep winning to make the playoffs. I know a 4th rounder isn't sexy (and low probabilities of netting an NHLer), but if we get our pick back, that is a top-100 pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If I was picking #3, I'd struggle a little between the two. I'm very high on Wahlstrom as well, but Zadina is pretty impressive also. I personally have Zadina ahead of Wahlstrom if I have to make a decision this instant, but I can see arguments for Wahlstrom.

Maybe not a popular opinion, but if I was picking #3, I'd trade down depending who is drafting #6-8 and who may have a late 1st or early 2nd.
I kind of said it the wrong way. I'm not too high on Zadina compared to Dahlin and Svechnikov. Otherwise, he is an excellent option at 3. I have Wahlstrom ahead by a bit right now, but that could very well change by draft time.

I share the same opinion. If the Rangers were picking at 6 and REALLY wanted Zadina at 3(our pick) I would entertain the idea of trading down as they have some 1sts available. Coming out of the 1st with Wahlstrom(6) and Kravstov(Rangers 1st) would be awesome. Even though trading down from top picks rarely occur, last year Knights were going to do 6+2nd(could have been their better or worse 2nd) for 5. They backed out once they knew who the Canucks were taking. Also, weren't the Bruins packaging their 1sts to get a top pick in 2015? I think they did but it also fell apart last second.

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad