FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.16 - Leafs are Open For Business. UFAs Aisle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
For the argument that Clarkson > Richards, you do realize that Clarkson would likely be in the minors if it wasn't for the NMC on his contract?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, having Hunter and two other scouts there.... Something must be seriously being discussed.

If we're taking Richards in a Phaneuf deal, we better get Kempe + 1st

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I dont think we are going to trade for Richards.

Phaneuf at 7 million for 6 more years is still better than Richards contract. And no, LA will not do the Clarkson-Richards swap.

Realistically, only way I see this happening is if LA buys him out, at which point he will probably have 15-20 suitors

This is my year!
Dec 19, 2011
The past
What is the value of Taking Richards and his contract? A first?
What is Phaneufs value? A first and a prospect?

Yeah, i would do that, then pair Richards with Kessel and inflate his stats. Hopefully.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The general thought is that LA gives us picks/prospects to even out trade.

I dont think we are going to trade for Richards.

Phaneuf at 7 million for 6 more years is still better than Richards contract. And no, LA will not do the Clarkson-Richards swap.

Realistically, only way I see this happening is if LA buys him out, at which point he will probably have 15-20 suitors

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
For the argument that Clarkson > Richards, you do realize that Clarkson would likely be in the minors if it wasn't for the NMC on his contract?

Why would that be? Who on this roster (who isn't already on it) making 925k or less would seriously be an upgrade over Clarkson.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Why would that be? Who on this roster (who isn't already on it) making 925k or less would seriously be an upgrade over Clarkson.

Connor Brown, Leivo, Abbott, are a few that play better than Clarkson IMO. Watching Clarkson out there is befuddling, looks totally lost on the ice.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Man Kings fans are so delusional. Somehow Dion isn't worth a 1st yet Richards gets them Dion?? How the **** does that make sense. Richards isn't even in the NHL for crying out loud. Same with Canucks fans they're in their too of course. Anything that involves the Leafs you have to have the token Canucks fan in there to give his/her two cents.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Richards is miles better than Clarkson

Honestly guys this team is so bad that it's hard to judge players, for example if Clarkson went back to NJ would he succeed there again just due to the system and familiarity to what's expected. This team is split in half with each side wanting to do completely opposite style of play.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
A few points:

I said they have the same number of points. Richards just has them in less games. Seven games is seven games.

Richards also excels in areas Clarkson doesn't: like actually playing defense. Clarkson has been benched by our own coach for his lackluster play on a team as bad as our's.

The Kings have literally no cap space. Even saving 925k is a boon for a team that's riding the cap that close. Remember a few years ago when Calgary was so close to the cap, suffered injuries, and had to ice less than a full roster as a result? **** happens, and LA can't afford to ice less than a full team. They can't afford to play a fourth line player that kind of salary like we can with Clarkson.

I'm not saying Richards is a world beater...but to say he's worse than David Clarkson is stretching things, I think.

fine then look at it this way

we already have the worst contract in the league and we want to ADD another that would land in the top 5 worse?

is this the insanity i'm seeing promoted here,SERIOUSLY???????:rant:

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Man Kings fans are so delusional. Somehow Dion isn't worth a 1st yet Richards gets them Dion?? How the **** does that make sense. Richards isn't even in the NHL for crying out loud. Same with Canucks fans they're in their too of course. Anything that involves the Leafs you have to have the token Canucks fan in there to give his/her two cents.

d9736829f80f80f76648e30a9bc268a4.jpg

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Connor Brown, Leivo, Abbott, are a few that play better than Clarkson IMO. Watching Clarkson out there is befuddling, looks totally lost on the ice.

I don't have any problems with him... Besides, I'm pretty sure Clarkson isn't the only one on the team looking befuddled. I mean, people say Phaneuf is a pylon and is a 4D on most teams, yet he will probably return a prospect or two and a 1st on his own without retention.

As far as I see, Clarkson isn't the worst contract in the NHL. Not even close. It's hard to judge it. Richards plays on the cup team, Clarkson plays on one of the worst. I would say Clarkson would be more effective if given the same opportunities Richards had before he was put into garbage minutes and the AHL. He got points in 2 of the last 7 games, the two games he actually played more than like 13 minutes a game.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009

Yeap. The x factor is that we do have Nonis as our gm while they have Lombardi :( :laugh:

I wouldn't put anything past our clueless management.

Honestly guys this team is so bad that it's hard to judge players, for example if Clarkson went back to NJ would he succeed there again just due to the system and familiarity to what's expected. This team is split in half with each side wanting to do completely opposite style of play.

I can't stand Clarkson but agreed.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The general thought is that LA gives us picks/prospects to even out trade.

it does not add up BS

dion on his own value is worth pic,prospects

for some to relieve LA of richards cap burden should demand picks/prospects as compensation.

it would have to be a ridiculous offer on LA part then.

we would be far better off cap wise and trade value wise then to just retain 1.25m of dions cap hit and shop him around.

richards is just as dead cap as clarkson

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I don't have any problems with him... Besides, I'm pretty sure Clarkson isn't the only one on the team looking befuddled. I mean, people say Phaneuf is a pylon and is a 4D on most teams, yet he will probably return a prospect or two and a 1st on his own without retention.

As far as I see, Clarkson isn't the worst contract in the NHL. Not even close. It's hard to judge it. Richards plays on the cup team, Clarkson plays on one of the worst. I would say Clarkson would be more effective if given the same opportunities Richards had before he was put into garbage minutes and the AHL.

Clarkson is by far the worst contract in the NHL. There really isn't any other even comparable.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
well there is semin.

Semins contract is bad too but it has two years left and his last two years with carolina he put up 44 points in 44 games and 42 points in 65 games. He seems snakebitten and injured this year.

Clarksons career high is 46 points in 80 games in his fluke 30g season and his 2nd highest is 32 points in 82 games.

Would take Semin any day over Clarkson, and its not really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad