FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.16 - Leafs are Open For Business. UFAs Aisle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
That's a terrible trade for us.

Hellebuyck has the potential to be a very good starter in NHL. He has success wherever he has played and has been putting up some unreal numbers. He plays just like Miller calm and composed between the pipes and also has decent size.

Ehlers has the mentality of win at anything, something we lack. He plays with motivation and tries to do the best he can all the time. Last year with Drouin on the team he put up 104 points in 63 games. This year without Drouin he has 72 points in 35 games. That's over 2 ppg something that shows he is progressing very well.

2nd this year will be a late 2nd. I honestly don't put too much to the 2nd as much as the other 2. How in the world is this a bad trade for us?

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
The top players PPG wise are:

P. Kessel
P. Kane
C. Keller (2016)
J. Bracco (2015)
A. Matthews (2016)
J. Eichel (2015)

Not worried about the USDP. A lot of solid players there.

Good, maybe its from the lower selected guys which are always a hit or miss anyhow.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hellebuyck has the potential to be a very good starter in NHL. He has success wherever he has played and has been putting up some unreal numbers. He plays just like Miller calm and composed between the pipes and also has decent size.

Ehlers has the mentality of win at anything, something we lack. He plays with motivation and tries to do the best he can all the time. Last year with Drouin on the team he put up 104 points in 63 games. This year without Drouin he has 72 points in 35 games. That's over 2 ppg something that shows he is progressing very well.

2nd this year will be a late 2nd. I honestly don't put too much to the 2nd as much as the other 2. How in the world is this a bad trade for us?

Trading Phil Kessel, our top asset, for a top 6 prospect, a prospect that will likely be a backup goalie, and a late 2nd.....

How in the world is it even close to a good deal for us?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Trading Phil Kessel, our top asset, for a top 6 prospect, a prospect that will likely be a backup goalie, and a late 2nd.....

How about

1 goalie prospect
Ehlers
1st (Winnipeg)
1st (from Buffalo)

for

Kessel

or maybe the same package but take out the goalie prospect.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland

Okay. :laugh:

I also think that Ehlers will also end up being a 60 pts player who won't be afraid of taking a hit and work at the boards. May be one of the 1st rounders they have might make you change your opinion? NVM though, Kessel is a god. :handclap:

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

I also think that Ehlers will also end up being a 60 pts player who won't be afraid of taking a hit and work at the boards. May be one of the 1st rounders they have might make you change your opinion? NVM though, Kessel is a god. :handclap:

Ehlers is good but is never going to be Kessel good.

Kessel is going to bring back a boatload, not just Ehlers and a mediocre goalie prospect with a 20-30 1st

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

When did I say Kessel is a god? I've been an advocate of trading him.

However, this deal, is terrible.

If Hellebuyck becomes a starter, he's a low end one. I'd rank him on the same level as Bibeau.

The goalie market is so terrible right now, that shouldn't be a main piece coming back for our top asset. Even changing the 2nd to a 1st, it just isn't an appealing deal for our top trade asset.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Ehlers is good but is never going to be Kessel good.

Kessel is going to bring back a boatload, not just Ehlers and a mediocre goalie prospect with a 20-30 1st

Just because a goalie was selected in late round doesn't make him mediocre. Have anyone of you actually watched him play? He is as good as a young potentially elite goalie plays. Try to ask WPG fans a brief review on Hellebuyck.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
if Kessel would agree to go to the Peg (who knows with Phil), I'd be asking for Ehlers AND Morrissey

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I keep refreshing twitter like a mad man... I may have a problem.

This is going to be a long road to the trade dead line. It's going to be even longer until the draft.

Hopefully it pays off...

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I keep refreshing twitter like a mad man... I may have a problem.

This is going to be a long road to the trade dead line. It's going to be even longer until the draft.

Hopefully it pays off...

get a Chrome plugin, and all the tweets just popup like an email notification

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kessel's list of teams he would accept a trade to will grow with his decrease in Ice time.

I see Tampa and NYI as teams that would want him both have young centers who could use a scoring winger.

I could see Kessel accepting trades to both of the teams.

HockeyNightInBelfast

HockeyNightInBelfast
Mar 28, 2011
Belfast
www.facebook.com
Just wanna a weigh in here w/ my 2cents…

Sadly my proposed JVR for Evander Kane (pre & Post-surgery) didn't happen but…

If the 2 main parts of what is meant to have been the established core namely Kessel & Phaneuf, there is no way they should be mode unless it is bringing back interchangeable piece, that is, a future core centre ice-man AND a future top pairing defenseman.

Apologies if this is stating the obvious but whether it's a high pick that they know wil translate into one of the core pieces rather than a live body then this is how it will have to be done.

So who has the stones to make those deals & what are the piece(s) those teams could offer & who might their interest be in? A couple to maybe get started if u like! :)

Nashville - Seth Jones - Kessel (this would be a great piece of any rebuild)
Anaheim - Lindholm? Theodore? - Phaneuf
Colorado - O'Reilly? If y think he's a #1C perhaps which I don't but an upgrade. Bozak/Phaneuf
Phoenix - OEL (hahaha) Yandle. Domi. - Kessel.
Florida - Barkov, Kulikov - Kessel
NYI - no they're not trading JT for anyone :naughty:

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
WPG's farm team is god awful, but only if it helps you sleep well at night thinking Gibson/Vasilevskiy are a whole lot better than Hellebuyck, its okay with me.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I wonder if The Sabres would trade Hodgson straight up for Clarkson, both are unwanted contracts but Hodgson may be able to regain his scoring in Toronto and Clarkson may fit in Buffalo and even if push came to shove Hodgson's contract can be bought out for 1/3rd. of his salary but Clarkson needs a 2/3rd. buyout.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
WPG's farm team is god awful, but only if it helps you sleep well at night thinking Gibson/Vasilevskiy are a whole lot better than Hellebuyck, its okay with me.

they are on a completely different stratosphere than Hellebuyck.

they have Rask potential, Hellebuyck has Reimer potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad