Confirmed with Link: f*** you brad treliving (Gaudreau to test FA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
From Sean Monahan to Jack Hughes Sean Coutourier Jack Roslovic

Even Ryan Leslie can't believe it lol

Reactions: Volica

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
From Sean Monahan to Jack Hughes Sean Coutourier Jack Roslovic

Even Ryan Leslie can't believe it lol

Kent Johnson and Cole Sillinger will be a dynamic 1-2 for the Jackets pretty soon.

With that said, bit of a head scratcher.

Kind of believe Gaudreau thought Philly would move mountains for him, and when he didn't, he scrambled. Bet Lou was nickle and diming so ended up being between Columbus and NJ.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
As a Leaf fan I really feel for you guys. Johnny had the right to leave but should have been upfront about it before last season. I wish you guys nothing but the best moving forward.

Reactions: flames23

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
JG screwed himself over me thinks. He wanted Philly but they werent going to offer him what he wanted and he burned the Flames bridge yesterday. Lost a lot of money on this and is going nowhere fast with the Jackets for the next few years.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
As an outside chiming in.

I always felt Gaudreau was a goner after he held out in 2016, especially after missing training camp and he got a lower contract than expected.

Do you guys feel this was in the back of his head? Because him leaving Calgary for a lower offer does seem like an 'FU' to management.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

I always felt Gaudreau was a goner after he held out in 2016, especially after missing training camp and he got a lower contract than expected.

Do you guys feel this was in the back of his head? Because him leaving Calgary for a lower offer does seem like an 'FU' to management.

All just speculation. Maybe he hated his next door neighbour for all we know.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just to make another point here regarding the Flames' role in what went down... it is completely acceptable for teams to trade genuine assets at the TDL to acquire rentals who they don't expect to be able to re-sign. Under the context of a player you have recently acquired, it is completely acceptable to allow a guy to not only walk for free, but to walk for cost. For example, Florida just lost Claude Giroux for nothing after paying assets for him.

No doubt, it's good asset management to ensure that you acquire something for a player when a) he isn't helping you win in the short term and/or b) he clearly isn't in the plans long term. That was the case with Giroux and Philly, but neither of these was true for Johnny.

The most vitriol against Treliving seems to come from a place of still thinking of this team, which won the division and a playoff round, as a lottery team who should be desperately seeking futures.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I hope Whisky is alright. I clowned the Devils a bit this past week but I don't think anyone expected them to be snubbed for the Jackets

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I hope Whisky is alright. I clowned the Devils a bit this past week but I don't think anyone expected them to be snubbed for the Jackets

Not gonna lie, I honestly came over as a Devils fan to see how you guys were doing and if the sentiment was f*** Gaudreau for arguably lying through his teeth. Us Devils fans are pretty down but it's the game of UFA and trusting players to make logical decisions.

Been some confusion about that, I saw Lebrun's tweet and that. If he took less to CBJ + worse team in the future, so be it. Hopefully we can meet you guys in the Final sometime soon.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

Johnny sure showed Treliving! He only shorted himself 15.75 million dollars in the process 😂

I think it was Philadelphia all the way and when they decided it wasn’t worth the cost to pursue him (moving other assets + offering a huge contract) he took the best offer he could get.

Gaudreau/Gross bungled this situation terribly. Personally I thought Gaudreau had more class and character.

He ruined his entire tenure and reputation here by how he handled everything. MisLeading an entire fanbase and turning down 84 million dollars from an organization that has treated you like gold from the beginning just to sign with a far inferior team, for far less money, in a town you have no connection too is a direct slap in the face.

I am however happy for the fans of Columbus! They were bound to have some good fortune, but it annoyingly had to come at our expense. When is it our turn?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
This is 100% Brad’s fault. He should have signed him last year 8x8.

I said it than several times and got called crazy after his mediocre season by a large majority of the fan base.

The man has no foresight and really is still a poor talent evaluator. He’s basically your average HF poster. That manifests itself in his transactions time and time again.
That is nonsense. He has to predict the future based on what? Irrational fear of loss?

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Honestly, it's absolutely f***ing bizarre that he turned down more money in Calgary & New Jersey, a chance to play with Barzal still close to home, just to sign in Columbus of all places.

There's definitely a story behind this because this just makes very little sense.

Reactions: flames23

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
By signing in Columbus it's pretty apparent the guy doesn't care about money (which I can respect), doesn't care about winning (I don't understand this if you aren't going to chase the money) and just wants to play hockey in a market where he'll get 0 media coverage, he can basically stop caring now that he has 7 years of security.

Also, people have to also consider the guy is married to an American nurse (IIRC they can't work here based on their credentials), if his wife said "no" to Calgary, doesn't matter how much he wants to stay in Calgary, he'll move to nowhere Ohio if it makes the wife happy.

Oilers lost Pronger solely because his wife didn't want to live in Edmonton. With that said, for the love of f*** I hope people on social media don't go after him or anyone related to him for this.

Reactions: super6646

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Columbus has one of the highest crime rates in America too, so it's not like Mrs. Gaudreau is taking her baby anywhere safer. Ah well, those are the breaks. Had every right to do what he wanted, I just don't understand why Ohio?
Maybe she doesn't live in Columbus then? Columbus to Philly is an hour and a half flight. Same time via some other teams by vehicle. Easy to pop back and forth when there's a few days gap.

She's with family and friends and when there's a few days gap between games, he can easily pop over for a day?

Even new York he'd spend that duration just trying to get to the airport. I could see the claims being legit.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe she doesn't live in Columbus then? Columbus to Philly is an hour and a half flight. Same time via some other teams by vehicle. Easy to pop back and forth when there's a few days gap.

She's with family and friends and when there's a few days gap between games, he can easily pop over for a day?

Even new York he'd spend that duration just trying to get to the airport. I could see the claims being legit.

You don't think he is going to live with his wife and new born child together? Don't be an apologizer. Deserves every boo he gets for stringing us along. Look at what Pierre-Luc Dubois has done for Winnipeg. Told them years in advance of his intentions. Johnny put us through the ringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad