Confirmed with Link: f*** you brad treliving (Gaudreau to test FA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
As an outsider (Leaf fan) looking in, I agree. JG is going to be 29 and 8 years is a LONG time. You may have dodged a bullet.
You don't let a player like Johnny go for nothing
Most people could see what was going to happen - gm didn't?
He should have found out last summer what Gaudreau was going to do if there was any hesitation by Gaudreau then you trade him !!

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
Elias Lindholm - 27 years - 42 goals and PPG last year, defensively elite C, $4.8M for two more years.
Noah Hanifin - 25 years, 48P last season, #2-3 d-man, $4.9M for two more years.
Rasmus Andersson - 25 years, 50P last season, #2-3 RHS d-man, $4.5M for four more years.
Matthew Thachuk - 24 years, 104P last season, elite RW, RFA
Andrew Mangiapane - 26 years, 35G and 55P last season, RFA.

Just imagine the assets we could get for these players if the Flames would do the only proper thing they should do now and rebuild. It's literally the PERFECT time. I don't think they will be able to repeat last year's numbers without Gaudreau and next summer they will be a year from free agency (and their value will plummet). Obviously, with Mangiapane and Tkachuk you would need to do something like a sign-and-trade, but you could get amazing picks/prospects for them as well.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
You don't let a player like Johnny go for nothing
Most people could see what was going to happen - gm didn't?
He should have found out last summer what Gaudreau was going to do if there was any hesitation by Gaudreau then you trade him !!
That's fair.

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
Lol Treliving sounds so bitter and pressed on 960 at the moment. It's amazing.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
So bitter :laugh:

Would be nice if there was a reporter that would actually ask if they're gonna rebuild or flail around futilely

Kapteeni

Jul 12, 2021
Helsinki, Finland
Islander fan coming in literal total peace...

Let me start by saying...I am so sorry. Obviously we know exactly what tonight feels like for you guys. I remember finding out the moment that Tavares was not resigning with the Isles. I was on a plane and as it was a few hundred feet from landing I got cell service back when I saw the tweet....

My stomach sank and it felt that way for a few days. When the dust settled I rekindled my anger towards those who deserved blame all along.

The GM and ownership.

The moment that Tavares didn't resign a year earlier he should've been shipped out the door. This is a player who's been with the franchise for roughly a decade. If you don't know you want to stay at that point...Then you don't want to stay.

And this obviously goes for Gaudreau.

For those of you saying, "But the Flames were one of the best teams in the league and could've won the Cup so how can you trade your best player...?" Because it never should've come to that. Gaudreau shouldn't have been on the roster opening night last season.

Players like Tavares and Gaudreau are just too valuable to take the risk of losing them for nothing. You should always do what Columbus did last year with Seth Jones - If a player wants out (or simply can't commit to the only team he's known) the summer before your UFA walk year, then you trade them and have the assets to mitigate the major hole he's leaving behind.

Just the way the Isles front office blew it in 2017...Sadly so too has Flames management this past year.

Again I'm truly sorry. I know it hurts and wish you only the best.

For some reason, this actually is comforting. Thank you.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving is paralyzed

It’s sad to see all the moves around the league for two straight weeks and all we do is losing players.

And yes I know we got Denis Gilbert

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Feel for you guys. I'm feeling pretty confident we'll be losing Matthews like this in 2024 and it's going to f***ing hurt. Cheering for Flames success, you're the only othe Canadian team I watch and can stomach and the Flames fans deserved better than this.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Elias Lindholm - 27 years - 42 goals and PPG last year, defensively elite C, $4.8M for two more years.
Noah Hanifin - 25 years, 48P last season, #2-3 d-man, $4.9M for two more years.
Rasmus Andersson - 25 years, 50P last season, #2-3 RHS d-man, $4.5M for four more years.
Matthew Thachuk - 24 years, 104P last season, elite RW, RFA
Andrew Mangiapane - 26 years, 35G and 55P last season, RFA.

Just imagine the assets we could get for these players if the Flames would do the only proper thing they should do now and rebuild. It's literally the PERFECT time. I don't think they will be able to repeat last year's numbers without Gaudreau and next summer they will be a year from free agency (and their value will plummet). Obviously, with Mangiapane and Tkachuk you would need to do something like a sign-and-trade, but you could get amazing picks/prospects for them as well.

It's a shame too, because when it comes to trade value Tre usually gets pretty good value. But I also don't want him in charge of the re-build going forward. And it is moot anyway 'cause this organization is too stupid to do a proper re-build when guys like Bedard, Michkov, etc. are this upcoming draft and he have no hope going further.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Off to Columbus? Noodle scratcher.
It’s the new moneyball math….while it looks like CBJ offered less than the Flames, the fancy stats show that they didn’t offer as much as the Flames, which makes their offer better.
Hope Mrs Johnny had no big plans for that money left on the table regardless.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
What a slap in the face to Calgary…no less money, less term, still not even that close to family, worse team

Seems as though he didn’t like Calgary??

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It’s the new moneyball math….while it looks like CBJ offered less than the Flames, the fancy stats show that they didn’t offer as much as the Flames, which makes their offer better.
Hope Mrs Johnny had no big plans for that money left on the table regardless.

Columbus has one of the highest crime rates in America too, so it's not like Mrs. Gaudreau is taking her baby anywhere safer. Ah well, those are the breaks. Had every right to do what he wanted, I just don't understand why Ohio?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
the title of this thread needs changing it should now read
f*** the both of them....
I was ok if the Gaudreau's wanted to be closer to family but Columbus?!?!?! they can't even say it was his childhood team.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I am petty I guess but that’s downright hilarious.

He clearly overplayed his hand and thought he could get more money from NJ or Philly.. that’s what you get.

Leave 15.5 million on the table to play for a terrible team. Enjoy Ohio, John, you nitwit.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
And to think some of you thought the flames opening offer was so insulting that it drove him away…

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
I am petty I guess but that’s downright hilarious.

He clearly overplayed his hand and thought he could get more money from NJ or Philly.. that’s what you get.

Leave 15.5 million on the table to play for a terrible team. Enjoy Ohio, John, you nitwit.

sounds like he could be leaving 17.5 mil on the table.
to go to.. columbus...

boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad