Confirmed with Link: f*** you brad treliving (Gaudreau to test FA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
His agent f***ed up. Simple as that, but Columbus is still much closer to home despite the anger of flames fans.

Idk why everyone is pissed now. Wish him the best of luck still.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
This is insane. He left a ton of money on the table only for Philly to refuse to open cap up. Crazy hes going to wallow for years with the Jackets and go nowhere.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Curious what Guy or Darryl have to say about this. Very real chance Columbus doesn't make the playoffs once during hie contract

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
His agent f***ed up. Simple as that, but Columbus is still much closer to home despite the anger of flames fans.

No man Columbus is not home. f*** if I want to go home, I go home not 500 miles from it

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
We have been cheering for a guy that hated here all along? Wonder if there are more. He can’t be the only one

Tkachuk probably as well. I know Lindholm prefers a traditional hockey market over a non-traditional one, along with the fact that he enjoys the great outdoors, so I'm confident he likes it here at least. Everyone else Idk and I can't give an opinion.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
At least he was genuine when it was not about the money. His kid gets to be born in the USA, and he's not in a market with a frenzied media, probably wants to be somewhere he can go out and not be recognized everywhere.

I'm happier it's Columbus over Philly though. Jackets fans have dealt with tons of shit with players leaving, if any fanbase deserves a W it's theirs

No man Columbus is not home. f*** if I want to go home, I go home not 500 miles from it
He clearly doesn't want to be in Canada, and the fit in Jersey/Philly wasnt there. I think he just wanted to be in the eastern US

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As Flame fans have said, he should have been honest with Calgary last year and say he definitely was going to leave. To be dishonest and then take less money and less years in Columbus is a slap in the face.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
As Flame fans have said, he should have been honest with Calgary last year - if he definitely going to leave. To be dishonest and then take less money and less years is a slap in the face.
Him not signing last year and not giving an answer was indication he was going to market. Brad had to play out the year with him and hope to convince him to stay.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
At least he was genuine when it was not about the money. His kid gets to be born in the USA, and he's not in a market with a frenzied media, probably wants to be somewhere he can go out and not be recognized everywhere.

I'm happier it's Columbus over Philly though. Jackets fans have dealt with tons of shit with players leaving, if any fanbase deserves a W it's theirs

He clearly doesn't want to be in Canada, and the fit in Jersey/Philly wasnt there. I think he just wanted to be in the eastern US
I know an ex-NHLer and he knows a lot more and the being recognized walking down the streets in Canadian cities is an almost universal complaint. If you play a bad game you're going to hear about it when you stop for gas the next day.

I think the fishbowls are likely a bigger issue amongst many NHLers than taxes and weather.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I know an ex-NHLer and he knows a lot more and the being recognized walking down the streets in Canadian cities is an almost universal complaint. If you play a bad game you're going to hear about it when you stop for gas the next day.

I think the fishbowls are likely a bigger issue amongst many NHLers than taxes and weather.
I used to work with Mike Green's cousin, I've heard some stories too. Anytime he visited here he was recognized daily and he didn't even play here lol. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players feel like that. I honestly would personally probably prefer a market like that if I was an athlete, but I'm not a big fan of attention in general

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Him not signing last year and not giving an answer was indication he was going to market. Brad had to play out the year with him and hope to convince him to stay.
That's fair. Also, BT owed it to the fanbase to keep JG for the playoff run.

TBH, I wish JG NO success in Columbus.

Reactions: flames23

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

The equivalent of saying you’re leave Edmonton because of the cold, to sign with Winnipeg.

I haven't read on how you guys feel about it yet, but IMO Gaudreau did you guys dirty. Sorry Flames fans...

On a high note, our sister small Canadian market team is killing it, congrats to you guys. Cool shit to see.

• Love
Reactions: Janks and OmniSens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad