F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookjones

Aug 15, 2010
2jb14bc.png

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Confirmed by Blackhawks he's returning to Jokerit as was previously agreed.

ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks
Quenneville says Teravainen is definitely going back to Finland, but he will play in a few preseason games.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Disappointment. Hoped hw would crack the roster but these Finns are typically such babyfaces they need years and years to mature.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Confirmed by Blackhawks he's returning to Jokerit as was previously agreed.

But... What if he just absolutely lights it up in those games? Is there a theoretical chance that he could play with the Hawks this season if only for 9 games?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
But... What if he just absolutely lights it up in those games? Is there a theoretical chance that he could play with the Hawks this season if only for 9 games?

I understood that he doesn't want to play in the nhl this year because he feels that he is not ready.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

He is going to play a couple of pre-season games and then return to Finland. It is possible he could come back to Chicago when his season is done.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Why does he have to come to Finland to pack more muscle. Are there no gyms in Chigago? Also they have more nutrient porridge in America.

Put him to AHL and when someone gets injured call him up

bookjones

Aug 15, 2010
Why does he have to come to Finland to pack more muscle. Are there no gyms in Chigago? Also they have more nutrient porridge in America.

Put him to AHL and when someone gets injured call him up

Pretty sure it's more about him getting huge Top 6 minutes and all-around learning from having even more responsibilities in his 3rd season with Jokerit---especially with Ilari having left for SKA Moscow and Eaves' sudden retirement.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Coach agrees.

6zyqfc.png

What a shrimp---too high-risk. Nothing to see there.

;)

Larionov was a pretty good player - good playmaker. Something to consider though is that Larionov was almost 30 years old when he came over from Russia to play in the NHL and he was in his mid-to-late-30's when he played on Bowman's Redwings teams. Teuvo just turned 19 less than a week ago. While it would be nice if TT can reach Larionov's level, he could very well be even better. TT's vision and passing is probably as good as Larionov's right now, plus I think TT has more goal scoring ability because he has a pretty good shot already.

He is probably close to Larionov's level right now. The hope is he will be better in a couple years after he gets bigger/stronger.

Billybaroo*

Larionov was a pretty good player - good playmaker. Something to consider though is that Larionov was almost 30 years old when he came over from Russia to play in the NHL and he was in his mid-to-late-30's when he played on Bowman's Redwings teams. Teuvo just turned 19 less than a week ago. While it would be nice if TT can reach Larionov's level, he could very well be even better. TT's vision and passing is probably as good as Larionov's right now, plus I think TT has more goal scoring ability because he has a pretty good shot already.

He is probably close to Larionov's level right now. The hope is he will be better in a couple years after he gets bigger/stronger.

Your not actually saying he's better than Larionov?

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

You mean the Hall of fame Larionov? the 3 time Stanley Cup winner Larionov? Triple Gold club member Larionov? One of the best Russian player Larionov? That guy?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You mean the Hall of fame Larionov? the 3 time Stanley Cup winner Larionov? Triple Gold club member Larionov? One of the best Russian player Larionov? That guy?

The guy who Gretzky said was probably the best player he played against back when Igor was in his prime?

Someone is setting themselves up to be disappointed

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Your not actually saying he's better than Larionov?

Right now - no. Can he be - yes.

I'm suggesting his vision and passing ability are elite right now - such as the level that Larionov had. What none of us know at this point is whether TT will ever play at that high level in the NHL. Scotty Bowman made the comparison - not me. I was merely opining that TT already has the Larionov-like vision and playmaking skills and maybe he will be even better because I think he has a quicker and better shot. Will he play 20 something years (Russia and NHL) like Larionov did and be a hall of famer - who knows? Larionov's best scoring year was 1995/96 when he scored 21g/50a/71pts in 69 games. I don't think its a stretch to think TT can surpass that level of scoring and be a ppg scorer at some point in his career.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
The guy who Gretzky said was probably the best player he played against back when Igor was in his prime?

Someone is setting themselves up to be disappointed

He said that? IIRC Larionov was a non-factor in 1987 Canada Cup. "In his prime"?

Billybaroo*

Right now - no. Can he be - yes.

I'm suggesting his vision and passing ability are elite right now - such as the level that Larionov had. What none of us know at this point is whether TT will ever play at that high level in the NHL. Scotty Bowman made the comparison - not me. I was merely opining that TT already has the Larionov-like vision and playmaking skills and maybe he will be even better because I think he has a quicker and better shot. Will he play 20 something years (Russia and NHL) like Larionov did and be a hall of famer - who knows? Larionov's best scoring year was 1995/96 when he scored 21g/50a/71pts in 69 games. I don't think its a stretch to think TT can surpass that level of scoring and be a ppg scorer at some point in his career.

Larionov came to the NHL when he was past his prime.
With respect, you are delusional.
Btw, how many times have you seen TT play? Its shocking to me , with TT's apparent upside, he wasnt picked #1 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad