F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I know Teuvo is playing centre so far this year - can anyone who has watched him comment on whether he has played *both* rw and lw in the past and whether they think his game could translate to both wings?

Last edited:

Suurikelmi

Dec 3, 2012
You don't pronounce "kenkä" like ken-kä or "ankka" like ank-ka, do you? :)

Sure there is some slight differentiation in tone according to word but it's small compared to some other languages in which you can't always even tell how a word is written when you hear it.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
What's so funny about asking him how TT is doing in training camp?

What do u mean?? Teravainen in some frigging training camp?? With the Hawks?

I thought he is playing with Jokerit at this very moment!

Edit: Hmmm... the kid seems to be in the training camp, quite right, sorry. How is he doing there?

Last edited:

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
TT is playing with the Hawks this very moment. Heard he scored on a penalty shot but it would be nice to hear from someone who was actually there

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
How is it going for him at the camp? Will he have a chance of playing preseason games?

I think he should play in pre-season games - but I don't think in any NHL games when the season starts.

He was with Jokerit then he left to come to training camp and the plan is for him to return to Jokerit in a couple of weeks.

So far in camp he has a goal on a penalty shot (yesterday) and an assist on the only goal scored so far today.

Here is some stuff on how he's doing so far

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-blackhawks-chicago-20130914,0,3103983.story

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2254...vainen-draws-comparisons-to-patrick-kane.html

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

You really need to read some news, it's been publicized ages ago that TT was going to spend two weeks at Hawks camp before returning.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Normally cottages don't have access to the internet. Anyways he apologized so its not a big deal.

Well, yeah, but almost everyone has internet on their cellphone + many people take laptop which has wireless internet.

bookjones

Aug 15, 2010
I think he should play in pre-season games - but I don't think in any NHL games when the season starts.

He was with Jokerit then he left to come to training camp and the plan is for him to return to Jokerit in a couple of weeks.

So far in camp he has a goal on a penalty shot (yesterday) and an assist on the only goal scored so far today.

Here is some stuff on how he's doing so far

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-blackhawks-chicago-20130914,0,3103983.story

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2254...vainen-draws-comparisons-to-patrick-kane.html

And this one too from Sassone:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130913/sports/709139699/

(For those not from the Chicago are, those ^ are the 3 big newspaper outlets here)

I'll just add from today/Day 2 :)

"Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 47m
And that's that. Black wins 3-2. Standouts for the day include Teravainen, Jimmy Hayes, and Duncan Keith's overhand right. #Blackhawks"

^ :handclap:

And for those asking how he's doing in general Twitter is invaluable not just for media links but thanks to those who are live-tweeting the scrimmages and presumably the pre-season games to come. Even if you're not interested in following the Blackhawks overall even doing a Twitter search on his name will usually bring you results.

Larry Hoover

Sep 16, 2012
As a friend of Teuvo, I can tell you he couldn't be happier to be a BlackHawk. Before the draft he told me his favorite player was Patrick Kane and he idolizes him. Learning from Kane is something he's very excited for.

He also told me a couple months ago he wants to play the point on the PP. Just thought I'd let BlackHawk fans know that

EDIT: Just looking at some real old text messages before the draft he told me where he wanted to be drafted...this is what he said:

"wish list: flyers,chicago,anaheim,tampa,montreal,carolina,ottawa,
maybe anaheim is number one"

He explained the Ducks because of the Finnish connection, his top 3 favorite teams before the draft were the Flyers, Ducks and BlackHawks. He wasn't a huge fan of NHL though, a lot of the explanation for his favorite teams can be rooted from their Finnish player connections and him learning about the teams closer to the draft when he met with their personnel.

Last edited:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
As a friend of Teuvo, I can tell you he couldn't be happier to be a BlackHawk. Before the draft he told me his favorite player was Patrick Kane and he idolizes him. Learning from Kane is something he's very excited for.

He also told me a couple months ago he wants to play the point on the PP. Just thought I'd let BlackHawk fans know that

Great to hear. This kid could not be in a better place then.

bookjones

Aug 15, 2010

EDIT: Just looking at some real old text messages before the draft he told me where he wanted to be drafted...this is what he said:

"wish list: flyers,chicago,anaheim,tampa,montreal,carolina,ottawa,
maybe anaheim is number one"

He explained the Ducks because of the Finnish connection, his top 3 favorite teams before the draft were the Flyers, Ducks and BlackHawks. He wasn't a huge fan of NHL though, a lot of the explanation for his favorite teams can be rooted from their Finnish player connections and him learning about the teams closer to the draft when he met with their personnel.

Honestly, I want to marry this post! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad