F Martin Necas - HC Kometa Brno, CZE JRS (2017, 12th, CAR)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
26 pts in 28 games now, 2+2 in 2 games since he came back from a somewhat disappointing WJC (I blame coaching). I guess he's nowhere near as popular of a prospect as Zadina but I'm glad nobody overreacted to his 4 pts in 5 games at the WJC, he's pretty much PPG in a tough mens league and that's all that matters.

Hope to see him at the World Championships this year. Maybe they can put together a youth line of Zadina-Necas-Kaut if they continue to perform well.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
26 pts in 28 games now, 2+2 in 2 games since he came back from a somewhat disappointing WJC (I blame coaching). I guess he's nowhere near as popular of a prospect as Zadina but I'm glad nobody overreacted to his 4 pts in 5 games at the WJC, he's pretty much PPG in a tough mens league and that's all that matters.
He's looked great at the last 2 WJCs.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I would say it happens to everyone, and it's happening to everyone on the team as well. Guys go on runs, guys go on slumps. Usually there are a couple dozen guys with ridiculous paces after the first dozen or so games, and some people conversely look uncharacteristically bad on the stat sheet after the first dozen or so games. It all evens out. Necas is totally fine.

The only ridiculous thing would be if you took results from a ten game hot streak and tried to argue on that single data point that a player would sustainably reproduce that performance the length of a season. That would be hilarious wouldn't it.

Reactions: brakeyawself

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Pace seems to be slowing a bit, anybody been watching this guy play that can weigh in?

I maybe wrong here. But I believe he might be struggling to produce at center. He was playing at a point per game pace when he was playing wing. After the WJC coach thought it was best for him to transition back to playing center and his scoring has dropped significantly since going back to playing center.

I know a lot of us Canes fans are eyeing him to becomes our 2nd line center. I’ve got an itchy feeling Necas ends up as an NHL winger instead. I sure hope I’m wrong though as we desperately could use a talented 2nd line center.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Since going back to center he only has 8 points in 18 games. Plus he hasn’t scored a goal in 16 games.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I have watched parts of most of the Checkers games. Necas has looked like he is working at being a center more than like he is struggling to get on the scoresheet. What I mean by that is it looks like he is intentionally engaging in more puck battles along the boards and behind the nets. In the past (could be partly due to the fact that he was playing wing) he would look to "dart" in and get the puck. It is more obvious that he now expects to tie up players and muscle the puck out.
Another factor is that the Checkers have been changing up the lines since McKegg moved up to Raleigh. Also, Kuokkanen was out for a few games which changed up the special teams.
Overall, I would say Necas looks like he is about two years away from being an NHL center--so I agree that he starts next season in Raleigh at RW.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Dzingel is more than likely out for at least the start of the season, due to a knee injury. I’d imagine that injury virtually guarantees Necas and Gauthier make the Canes opening night roster.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
That’s great to hear...that Necas-Chytil-Zadina-Kaut group has really underwhelmed so far as the supposed next generation of Czech top talents. Plenty of time of course, not trying to say any of them are not going to pan out - but as a group they’ve been “uneven” at best in terms of development.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
He was really lost defensively and slow to move the puck at times but seemed like he got more and more confidence as the game went on and was able to skate with the puck a bit and make some plays. That 1st star is a bit of a stretch to put it nicely. Work in progress.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Was impressed with last night. Was creating things offensively but was lost on the D-side. Canes Are gonna have an amazing exploitation 1st line in a year with svech-aho-necas

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
That’s great to hear...that Necas-Chytil-Zadina-Kaut group has really underwhelmed so far as the supposed next generation of Czech top talents. Plenty of time of course, not trying to say any of them are not going to pan out - but as a group they’ve been “uneven” at best in terms of development.

Chytil turned 20 like two weeks ago, lets calm down.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I don't get why some ppl are being overly critical of the kid. He was obviously nervous for the first 15 min or so, but then settled in and played a decent game for his first game of the season. He showed flashes of the talent he has, and what we can expect from him in the future as he grows and gains more confidence. I have no doubt this kid has a very bright future. Glad he's gonna be with the Canes for a long time.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
You can tell that he is lost at times. Looks like he is thinking too much. On the other hand, he has moments when he using his speed and skill and looks fantastic.
Definitely a work in progress.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Still a work in progress on the defensive side of thing, but he's gaining a lot of confidence offensively. Showing great hands, skill and vision and is a zone entry machine with his speed. Canes are playing him an a relatively sheltered role while he works on his 2-way game, like they did with Svechnikov last year, but really looking forward to his development over the next couple of years. Currently on pace for 18G and 55 points, which would be quite respectable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad