F Danila Yurov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2022, 24th, MIN)

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I would have been a lot more skeptical of a guy staying in the KHL pre-Kaprizov but it worked pretty well for him. The wait sucked but he came over ready.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can we read anything into the fact that Yurov still hasn't signed an extension with his KHL team?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’m not sold that it’s a formality, Guerin seemed to imply it wasn’t at least. I legitimately think it could depend on the results of the playoffs for them.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
its nice to be really high on a player only to see them drop but they immediately vindicate you.

does this guy have any weakness? high floor, high ceiling type.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
its nice to be really high on a player only to see them drop but they immediately vindicate you.

does this guy have any weakness? high floor, high ceiling type.
I always think it’s funny reading the scouting reports and rankings with him. The reports are always gushing about how he has no weaknesses at all and on and on about how good he is. Then he’s ranked like 45/50. Lol.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
To be fair, Yurov was ranked like Top10.

Yeah I think I remember that too, twas political, Yurov, alongside Miroshnichenko, were seen at least top-15 if not top-10, and fell mostly cause of Russia's uncertain situation at the time.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
To be fair, Yurov was ranked like Top10.
Was more referring to recent rankings I have seen for drafted prospects. For example here is Wheeler from just last summer:
F052468B-A80E-470F-8620-9337ADA0437D.png

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Yeah, but that was before this year's breakout season. Last year he barely played ... not his fault, but how can you rate that highly?
I mean he used the same exact write up for him in the mid-season rankings where he was bumped to 16. If you like the player, stand by it IMO, but I absolutely get why he would do it for a published list.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I'm curious if Yurov wins their cup for this team this year if that will change his mind - basically achieving everything he could at home and ready for a new challenge.

And with Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Wallstedt making pushes to becoming NHL regulars next year, it'll just fit right.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm curious if Yurov wins their cup for this team this year if that will change his mind - basically achieving everything he could at home and ready for a new challenge.

And with Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Wallstedt making pushes to becoming NHL regulars next year, it'll just fit right.

I think he needs another season in the KHL, he doesn't look as good in the playoffs as he looked in the regular. This kind of inconsistency he should get rid of, and it's better to do in the KHL.

Reactions: slumpy43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad