F Danila Yurov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2022, 24th, MIN)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think he needs another season in the KHL, he doesn't look as good in the playoffs as he looked in the regular. This kind of inconsistency he should get rid of, and it's better to do in the KHL.
Is the ice time and deployment the same as the regular season?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is the ice time and deployment the same as the regular season?

The only significant change is the whole minute less on PP averagely, but he scored all of his 5 goals on 5x5 so he clearly struggles on PP. He's improved on the dot, from 41% to 46%, though. Still not great but better than it was.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Was more referring to recent rankings I have seen for drafted prospects. For example here is Wheeler from just last summer:
View attachment 849404
That was a u23 player ranking I’m pretty sure. He was a pretty consensus top 15 talent in his draft year

I think he needs another season in the KHL, he doesn't look as good in the playoffs as he looked in the regular. This kind of inconsistency he should get rid of, and it's better to do in the KHL.
His production did taper off a bit. He’s only 20. I’m fine with him staying another year.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The only significant change is the whole minute less on PP averagely, but he scored all of his 5 goals on 5x5 so he clearly struggles on PP. He's improved on the dot, from 41% to 46%, though. Still not great but better than it was.

The coach juggled the lines a bit too - not sure how much that accounts for the dip in his scoring.

Don't know the line combos during regular season but Yurov was centering Hawks pick Kantserov in the first bunch of playoff games and now Kantserov is playing with Zernov and Silantyev and Yurov is playing with Petunin and Mikhailis.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Would they do a one year deal though? They’d probably try to get him to sign three. If he’s ready to sign with the Wild, they should just do it and can put him in Iowa if needed.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
What a great finish on that saucer pass, required perfect timing. Great pass by Kantserov I believe it was.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
What a great finish on that saucer pass, required perfect timing. Great pass by Kantserov I believe it was.

Yep - the pass was from Kantserov.

Yurov has scored a goal in the last 2 games so hopefully he's starting to feel it. The Kantserov-Zernov-Silantyev line has been buzzing - it would be great to have the Mikhailis-Yurov-Petunin line clicking too. Locomotiv has some big time scorers so we need to score a lot to win the championship.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kid looks awesome. He’s playing C in the KHL and thriving. Feels like he isn’t getting enough attention from prospect gurus as a Top 5/Top 10 prospect.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kid looks awesome. He’s playing C in the KHL and thriving. Feels like he isn’t getting enough attention from prospect gurus as a Top 5/Top 10 prospect.
I don't care where he is ranked. Just get him over to Minnesota, pronto.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
The extension with Metallurg until the end of 2024/25 is now official.
Regardless of whether it ended up being the one year extension or signing an ELC with an agreement to loan to MM for this coming season I think this was a wise decision by Yurov to play one more season in the KHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Regardless of whether it ended up being the one year extension or signing an ELC with an agreement to loan to MM for this coming season I think this was a wise decision by Yurov to play one more season in the KHL.
The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't feel ready to experience the culture shock in NA. He certainly is ready hockey wise, and I don't see how he can benefit financially by staying in Russia. With Minnesota's pitiful forward depth I don't see how he wouldn't make the team. They have penciled in two lesser players, Marat and Ohgren, on next year's roster.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, it looks like Toronto wanted Grebenkin, and Minnesota didn't want Yurov that much.
Much more likely is Minnesota doesn’t want to rock the boat with a player who is developing into a star. He’s thriving where he is and he wants to continue to develop - why not let him come over a finished product in a year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad