F Danila Yurov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2022, 24th, MIN)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Then why pretend that he isn't in public? Wouldn't he want to convey, both to Yurov, the team, and the fans, that he is working hard to improve the team as much as possible, as soon as possible?

Seems like he is trying to portray himself as a guy who has it all under control, and doesn't need anyone. Kind of delusional for a team that has had a disastrous season on and off the ice.

Yeah, who knows what is going on inside of BGs head? Maybe publicly he is being nonchalant because he doesn't want fans to be let down if Yurov really wants 1 more year in Russia, but privately he is telling Yurov and his agent that they willing to sign him and find room for him on the NHL roster if he wants to come over right away.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Then why pretend that he isn't in public?

Him reassuring the public that he’s doing everything he can to get him over, only for Yurov to resign in the KHL makes him look dumb.

There’s also the fact the player in question is developing really well in his current situation.

As fans, we don’t care about looking desperate but I highly doubt an egotistical GM like Guerin is going to do that. There is no upside to that, at all. Nobody wants a clingy girlfriend.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm wondering if our Russian experts can tell us how they would compare Yurov with Michkov in terms of strengths, weaknesses, ceiling, floor, etc.?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm wondering if our Russian experts can tell us how they would compare Yurov with Michkov in terms of strengths, weaknesses, ceiling, floor, etc.?
Michkov is better at pretty much everything except for the size and maybe the skating

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Michkov is quite an unique case, as much as I'm a fan of Yurov I don't think it would be a good idea, as they are quite different... Yurov is a better skater, but I think Michkov has pretty much everything else better than him and that's not a knock on Yurov. In terms of the ceiling I think when talking about Michkov Kucherov is mentioned most frequently, but as for Yurov I'd say maybe prime Kuznetsov (he was really good back in 2018) might be the upside.

Reactions: MuckOG

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Kaprizov-Yurov-Demidov
Brodin will turn gray prematurely

Yurov slightly better at defense, bigger, better skater. Decision making even, passing even. Rest, advantage Michkov.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brodin will turn gray prematurely

Agreed, that guy does not know how to play in the offensive zone, so to do it full time would be terrifying for him

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Michkov is quite an unique case, as much as I'm a fan of Yurov I don't think it would be a good idea, as they are quite different... Yurov is a better skater, but I think Michkov has pretty much everything else better than him and that's not a knock on Yurov. In terms of the ceiling I think when talking about Michkov Kucherov is mentioned most frequently, but as for Yurov I'd say maybe prime Kuznetsov (he was really good back in 2018) might be the upside.

Thanks. If Yurov can have a career like Kuznetzov without the off ice issues, I would take that in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Agreed, that guy does not know how to play in the offensive zone, so to do it full time would be terrifying for him

At best, they would be a good counter attacking line, they dont have tools to be puck posession line, and this 3 as a line are very questionable at defense.

Yurov is a winger with Buchnevich as his ceiling. Not a center

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Yurov slightly better at defense, bigger, better skater. Decision making even, passing even. Rest, advantage Michkov.
Not even remotely close. Michkov is one of the smartest offensive prospects in years. He’s like an NFL QB who can make correct split-second decisions amidst great chaos.

Also, he asked for opinions of Russian experts. You make Don Cherry look like a Russophile

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The article says the offer to Yurov is weird because Mikhailis with way worse stats gets 80M rubles so it doesn't look like MM wants Danila to stay that much.
Mikhailis was high-profile UFA you had to outbid Barys for. Much like in the NHL, RFAs are underpaid compared to their performance. Avangard traded Gritsyuk because they were 5kk apart in negotiations, then paid 80kk to get Geraskin from Severstal to replace him and then traded him away for pennies on a dollar to Magnitka half a season later.

I don't need to tell you KHL is a pretty magical place when it comes to management.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm pretty sure Yurov won't come without out KHL clause if they send him to AHL. Probably Guerin doesn't like it...

Russo doesn't seem to think Guerin has any problem with Yurov playing in the KHL next year.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Not even remotely close. Michkov is one of the smartest offensive prospects in years. He’s like an NFL QB who can make correct split-second decisions amidst great chaos.

Also, he asked for opinions of Russian experts. You make Don Cherry look like a Russophile
You underrate Yurov or overrate Michkov in those aspects

An "expert" will tell you that Rykov is a future star defenseman and Shipachyov will be Vegas 1st line center. If you cant see how biased are the russian posters here, you are blind

I was wrong in the past on russian prospects, but it was long time ago and I am much more often right

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
He’s already blown Buchnevich’s KHL numbers out of the water in his D+2 season. Another clueless take
COmparing numbers in KHL between two players 8 years apart without any context and then calling someone clueless, oh the irony

Reactions: Musampa

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
An "expert" will tell you that Rykov is a future star defenseman and Shipachyov will be Vegas 1st line center. If you cant see how biased are the russian posters here, you are blind
Cue in Atas being offended when I called Shipachyov the same tier player as Mikael Granlund, the man who actually was top-20 in NHL scoring at his peak :laugh:

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Cue in Atas being offended when I called Shipachyov the same tier player as Mikael Granlund, the man who actually was top-20 in NHL scoring at his peak :laugh:
after that hype finns heaped on him, top-20 in nhl scoring at his peak sounds a bit underwhelming. they take the cake when it comes to hyping their prospects, closely followed by canadians

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve always said Yurov’s comparable is Buchnevich. I don’t think that’s a knock on Yurov at all, and I certainly don’t think that means Yurov can’t play the middle of the ice.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
You underrate Yurov or overrate Michkov in those aspects

I was wrong in the past on russian prospects, but it was long time ago and I am much more often right
That’s hardly unique to the Russian prospects. It’s just human nature

You’ve lost credibility because the Michkov thread (among others) is full of you hating on a teenager every chance you get. It’s transparent that the majority of the complaints are not about the player.

You started the year whining about how Michkov is overrated and can’t skate, then he proves you wrong and you change your tune. I’ve followed the thread closely because I was fortunate enough to see him live at U18s and he was obviously a special talent and every few pages you derail the thread with toxic BS.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad