Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Caufield reminds me of a Caddyshack quote:

"Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too!”

NHL teams need goal scorers. He'll be effective if teams can insulate him a bit and cater to his strengths. The good news is the Habs are developing a deep lineup with a number of a credible playmakers.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Caufield reminds me of a Caddyshack quote:

"Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too!”

NHL teams need goal scorers. He'll be effective it teams can insulate him a bit and cater to his strengths. The good news is the Habs are developing a deep lineup with a number of a credible playmakers.

A better skating /(slightly) weaker shot version of Brett Hull. I still say this kid hits 50 goals a season at least once in his career.

Reactions: CapSpace

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
You're probably right, but who knows, he might become a perennial 40-50 goal scorer. That has a lot of value in re-drafts

There are probably 2-3 of those in the league. Calm down and I'll believe it when I see him score 30 in the big league.

Ovy, Pastrnak and Matthews. Stamkos used to. They're very few of them. I doubt Caufield can go into the league and become one so soon. He needs to adapt to the bigger dmen in the league, the speed and physicality of the league. So, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
There are probably 2-3 of those in the league. Calm down and I'll believe it when I see him score 30 in the big league.

Ovy, Pastrnak and Matthews. Stamkos used to. They're very few of them. I doubt Caufield can go into the league and become one so soon. He needs to adapt to the bigger dmen in the league, the speed and physicality of the league. So, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Do you know the meaning of "might"?

You calm down.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

If Matthews is a perennial 40-50 goal scorer, we got quite a few names to add to the list.

Reactions: KotkaZuki

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The WJC is not the be all end all. Suzuki sucked at the tourney for example.

but in college hockey, Caufield is absolutely dominant.

Reactions: Andrei79

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Yeaaaa that guy goes top 10, maybe top 5, in 2019 re-draft a few years down the road.
Too early to say. There's no way right-now he would go top 10. He looks like he was drafted at the spot he belongs in so far.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So those 2 goals and 2 assists, frog leaps him to first place in NCAA scoring and in goals as well.
14 goals, 14 assists, 28 points in 18 games so far, thats 1.55 ppg.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Too early to say. There's no way right-now he would go top 10. He looks like he was drafted at the spot he belongs in so far.
As of right now I think he's behind:
- Hughes
- Kakko
- Dach
- Byram
- Seider
- Cozens
- Zegras
- Newhook
- Hoglander

So he's got a fringe case for top 10.

Status