F Cole Caufield - Univ. of Wisconsin, NCAA (2019, 15th, MTL) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
He could have a few good linemates to play with in Laval at the end of the season : Belzile, Ylonen, Hillis, Ouellet, Poehling...

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This is a strange way to look at things. He's playing in the NCAA, he's going to make the plays that he can there. It would be stupid of him not to.

People look for any reason they can to rag on this kid.

No he should be dumping and chasing like a good little nhl player none of this "skill" nonsense. Play the game the right way!

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
This is a strange way to look at things. He's playing in the NCAA, he's going to make the plays that he can there. It would be stupid of him not to.

People look for any reason they can to rag on this kid.
I can't imagine what these people would say if they watched future NHLers playing high school hockey trying whatever they wanted every shift

Reactions: David Suzuki

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

I think Habs fans have to be happy with how he looked on the PP. He is such an amazing shooter of the puck that his passing gets underrated, he looked really good moving the puck around on the PP.

He has some significant flaws to overcome, but when he steps onto NHL ice next season he will have one of the best arsenal of shots in the entire league.

Reactions: HankyZetts

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Habs fans have to be happy with how he looked on the PP. He is such an amazing shooter of the puck that his passing gets underrated, he looked really good moving the puck around on the PP.

He has some significant flaws to overcome, but when he steps onto NHL ice next season he will have one of the best arsenal of shots in the entire league.

it wasn't his best game outside the PP as he his defensive effort was inconsistent as early on in the season he looked much improved there after some really poor efforts last year.

But agree he is fun to watch on the PP.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Is the plan really to have Caufield in Montreal next year? That's a mistake, IMO.

Nobody questions the offense, but he's got so much rounding out of his game to do, and would be best served starting in the AHL getting big, all situation minutes, playing the pro game.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Our team is gelling so well and has no weaknesses minus "no elite forwards". Then I remember we've still got guys like Caufield, Norlinder and Harris getting pretty close development wise. Habs are sitting pretty right now.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Is the plan really to have Caufield in Montreal next year? That's a mistake, IMO.

Nobody questions the offense, but he's got so much rounding out of his game to do, and would be best served starting in the AHL getting big, all situation minutes, playing the pro game.

Depending on what wingers we lose this offseason, I expect Caufield to be given every opportunity to make the NHL next year. A lot of people thought Suzuki would need a full year in the AHL before making it to the NHL and he never played a game there, so who knows what will happen?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It's great as a fan of hockey to see some Canadian teams like the Habs getting better. The going on 30 year drought has to come to an end sooner than later!
Though I would love to see the Sens hoist the cup first! ;):DD

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
His 1+1, shoves him 2nd place in NCAA scoring. Isn't dominating?....right...sure....

3rd most goals in the NCAA and 2nd in points, as a player who is barely 20 (less than 3 weeks over), in his sophomore season...
while playing for a below average NCAA team (+ no Turcotte, no Miller, no Kalynuk...)

Wisconsin has played 14 games which is almost the most in the NCAA (leader is 17). Some teams have only played 3 games. Saying he is 2nd in NCAA scoring (which he isn't) really isn't accurate since there is a huge discrepancy in games played. He is averaging 1.21 points a games which is 15th in the NCAA. You using those stats in that way is misleading. He has 5th most goals...6th in points...and having played way more games than most. Its not apples to apples. He is having a very good season but don't misinterpret the stats to fit your arguement.

NCAA College Men's Ice Hockey DI current individual Stats | NCAA.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
No he should be dumping and chasing like a good little nhl player none of this "skill" nonsense. Play the game the right way!
His coach is a former NHL player who knows how the game is played Caufield is a player that will need to have an offensive role in the NHL if not he likely won't play in the NHL. .

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Depending on what wingers we lose this offseason, I expect Caufield to be given every opportunity to make the NHL next year. A lot of people thought Suzuki would need a full year in the AHL before making it to the NHL and he never played a game there, so who knows what will happen?

Suzuki while not huge in stature was also much bigger than Caufield and had a much more refined all around game.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Habs haven't even signed Caufield - it's possible he's playing NHL next year but I think it's also possible that he's playing NCAA, right? We'll just have to wait a few months and then we'll have a better idea. I think it's great he's had a chance to play so many games this year.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Habs haven't even signed Caufield - it's possible he's playing NHL next year but I think it's also possible that he's playing NCAA, right? We'll just have to wait a few months and then we'll have a better idea. I think it's great he's had a chance to play so many games this year.

Highly unlikely, if anything if he’s not in the NHL I expect he’ll be in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad